Like Minded Lushes - August 2017

Options
SoCalWoman
SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
Happy August lushes!! Where has the summer gone??

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    Options
    I just had to start a new thread because screw you July...you were kinda crappy! :laugh:

I am at the lowest weight I've been in a while...but it's all very unhealthy. Looking forward to starting a new month and hoping for positive/good things! Cheers lushes! :drinker:
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting the thread Sydney! I am with you- looking forward to the new month and positive things!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hello August!

I got a 0. Planning on another tonight. I can do it!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    August.....busy month for us!

I am trying to keep the drinks to weekends only BUT we all know how that goes.
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-2 bourbon and cokes
    Wednesday-???
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I got 2 0's! And then drank a ton last night at the concert. But it was fun! I may actually have a 0 tonight as a result.....
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Thanks Syd, of course I don't mind if you start the thread. I have been somewhat preoccupied lately.

So Monday as Doug is getting in his truck to send the appeal registered mail, his ex employer calls and the less than pleasant woman he dealt with before tell him that he doesn't need to appeal. "leadership has decided this doesn't warrant an appeal and they understand that things went wrong while he was on leave. Just send us new forms." So apparently the escalating call worked. He already had new forms signed that we were sending with the appeal so he went and faxed them and sent them registered mail. We were cautiously optimistic. This morning the deposit lump sum hit his account. Oh happy day! Big huge rock off my shoulders. I can breathe again. I will be celebrating this weekend.

Good job on the zero's lushes.
    Syd take care of yourself. You deserve it.
    Gary, I'm with you this month will be good. So far it's not too shabby. :bigsmile:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    that's fantastic, Robin!!!!! So happy for you <3
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Yay Robin! Definitely a 0 tonight. And an early bed time.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Another surgery for the MIL on Friday. I basically slept the rest of the weekend.
    I know I'm like a broken record...but I really need to start exercising this week.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I ended up with 3 0's last week but hit it hard Wednesday, Friday was so so and Saturday had quite a bit too. Only 2 yesterday. And we actually said no to a beer at the movies yesterday!

Regular Monday 0 and we'll see about the rest of the week.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Zero last night!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    No 0's for me but I lost another pound. Proof you can lose weight while drinking wine everyday :drinker:
  • rjadams
    Options
    I had a zero on Monday. Not last night though. Hang in there Syd.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    No 0's here. Eric went to happy hour, so I decided to have happy hour at home. I lost 1/2 pound so..... But I have not been sleeping great if I have more than 2 drinks. I think I may try to generally keep it to 2 or less during the week.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I got in the pool yesterday for a much needed swim. Yay!
    Going to try to get in another round of exercise today and continue this weekend. TGIF lushes! :drinker:
  • rjadams
    Options
    TGIF. I hope to get some stuff done this weekend. It is supposed to cool down a bit.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I did OK this weekend. Friday ended up drinking a little more with the neighbors than I intended, but still in bed by midnight. Most nights we get together we make plans to have bloody Marys and breakfast the next morning, but in the 6 years we've lived in our house, we never have. So we finally did that Saturday morning. They hung out a couple hours and I had 2 bloodys and a beer and then went to the farmers market. I took a few hour break from drinking and ended up fine that day. I was kind of proud of myself because i rarely stop drinking once I start. Had a few drinks yesterday over the course of the day. I feel pretty good today.

Monday will be a 0. That's pretty much going to be my standard. I drank last Monday and woke up with a lot of anxiety. My doctor called me also and it's time for my annual physical, so I need to plan on some longish stretch of reduced drinking soon.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    I did well this weekend too! Exercised every day and kept track of my calories. Its always a good motivator to work out and eat right so I can have some booze at the end of the day- and not feel guilty about it! As Robin mentioned, we finally got a break from the warm humid weather. Walking is so much more enjoyable!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is plugging along. I'm still in caregiving mode which is super stressful but it is what it is. Trying to get her pain level managed.
    No 0's here but moderating at 1 (sometimes 2) glasses of wine a night. Logged another weight loss for the week.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Haven't posted in a while - been super busy but I'm not sure with what... :p

Sydney - sorry you are so stressed, not fun at all
    Robin - so glad to hear things are a smidgen better!

Plugging along here as well, always have really good intentions to get a zero but something (wine) always seems to get in the way!
    Did actually get a zero yesterday, the first in a while...
    going for another tonight!