Replies

• EHollander89
    EHollander89 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    St. Louis, MO
  • DanielleM7810
    DanielleM7810 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello! Just joined this group. I am in Omaha, NE. Been looking for running buddies. I started running about a year ago when I decided to do obstacle course racing so I incorporated running into my training but now I am focusing more on distance running. Have my first official marathon next month and am hoping to run my first 50 miler next year as my 40th bday present to myself.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Hello! Just joined this group. I am in Omaha, NE. Been looking for running buddies. I started running about a year ago when I decided to do obstacle course racing so I incorporated running into my training but now I am focusing more on distance running. Have my first official marathon next month and am hoping to run my first 50 miler next year as my 40th bday present to myself.

@DanielleM7810 I am in SW Iowa and occasionally run in Omaha on some weekends when I go up. My favorite paved trail is Lake Zorinsky. I went out to the Bellevue Loop trail for the first time last weekend and it was decent as well, but I need more runs to explore greater portions of it and the longer trails it links with.

For dirt trails, I liked Cunningham Lake last year, but the NW portion of trails was very overgrown the last time I went out (and only time this year so far). I had to part the grass to be able to see the trail when I was standing right on top of it, and I had pretty bad (bloody) marks on my legs after running through that thick grass.

My favorite dirt trails are a bit south of Omaha at Platte River State Park. Technical trails and lots of hills... I end up with slow pace as a result, but I like the park and the challenge.
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Hi I am from northern NJ Teaneck I am enjoying recapturing my health mostly thru swimming and running almost every day Swim 2 miles run 5 I am 69 and training to attempt a 1/2 marathon next year at 70 YO
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    1TheQueenB wrote: »
    Anyone from Central Florida???

St. Pete here.
  • mill2804
    mill2804 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I live in Manhattan Kansas
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options

Vero Beach/treasure coast area here.
  • 1TheQueenB
    1TheQueenB Posts: 377 Member
    Options

Vero Beach/treasure coast area here.
    BettyM1017 wrote: »

St. Pete here.

@BettyM1017 and @WickAndArtoo HI THERE! I'm in Kissimmee St. Cloud- I'm just getting back into running- do you run long distances?
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    @1TheQueenB I'm just getting back into running also, and working up to long distances. I'll be honest the FL heat is tough!! Right now I'm up to 5 miles, but I've also been taking it slow and cross training a lot (swimming in the ocean!!) having a friend who is training in similar conditions may help my motivation though :wink:
  • anitamistry1
    anitamistry1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Subulux wrote: »
    I am from Pune, Maharashtra India :smiley:

One of my favourite places - I worked out there for 4 months back in 2007/2008.

• anitamistry1
    anitamistry1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm from a small town outside Manchester UK.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    @1TheQueenB I'm doing my first half in November. I don't think I'll move up to full marathon's any time soon, but you never know. I never thought I'd want to run farther than a 5K either, lol! What's your favorite distance?
  • denicaryphillips
    denicaryphillips Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Columbia, MO. Anyone from my area? Want to meet up to do this? My level is really low, so you'll be walking fast and running a little at first if you want to hang with me.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Columbia, MO. Anyone from my area? Want to meet up to do this? My level is really low, so you'll be walking fast and running a little at first if you want to hang with me.

@denicaryphillips I live in Iowa and plan to be in Joplin, MO this weekend. My driving route will be heading straight south through St. Joseph and Kansas City on Sat. If it isn't too far from you, I would be open to meeting up with you somewhere along the way on Sat. mid morning on my way. My run this Sat. should be 13 miles, but you can turn around at whatever point works for you.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada!
  • daynasrose
    daynasrose Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am in North Austin, Texas
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Hey, Spring Hill, TN checking in here. If there are any other slow runners in the Nashville area, I'd love to find some people to join up with for a Sunday morning run.
  • 1TheQueenB
    1TheQueenB Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    @1TheQueenB I'm doing my first half in November. I don't think I'll move up to full marathon's any time soon, but you never know. I never thought I'd want to run farther than a 5K either, lol! What's your favorite distance?

@BettyM1017 I haven't done much more running than maybe an hour and 15 minutes I think..... I think that's doable- Marathon running I don't see in my future :wink:
  • Welsh72
    Welsh72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Glasgow, scotland :smile: run even if it rains which ismost of the time
  • matomitre
    matomitre Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    And I'm from Russia