One Year Ago Today...

Options
2»

Replies

• Alaplum
    Alaplum Posts: 169 Member
    Options

You've done so well! Persistence is worth gold.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    " I don't 'find time for excercise'. I exercise, then I find time for everything else."

I love that line !! Going to plaster it to my computer. Awesome journey you have made so far and still going onwards.

Coming from a homeschooler of 4, that's how it must be done if it's going to happen. It's an investment. We're better in all areas when we take care of ourselves.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Love this! Also love how none of this has to do with weight loss....even though I know you've succeeded there as well. Sometimes the other things mean just as much if not more to us....
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Well done! Thank you for sharing and inspiring!!!!!!!!! :)
  • Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Great story. Yeah it is difficult to motivate at times. I know there are some days I just don't want to work out but I just do it and within 15 minutes or so I forget my treadmill trepidation. Recently my doctor asked my why I decided to lose weight and exercise and I kind of just said the normal things like I was tired of the aches and pains, etc. etc. So he kept asking if there was anything else so I just bluntly stated that I just decide to get my head out of my *kitten* in regards to my health. He chortled a little and that was that, although I wasn't quite sure if he typed that into the computer.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^ probably wondering how to motivate his other patients lol.
  • DocRobT2DLCHF
    DocRobT2DLCHF Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Talk about pulling yourself up by your bootstraps and taking control of your life.... awesome dedication! Thanks for sharing. Second time in two weeks I've read this, need to read it often.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Amazing Steph! A beautiful story!
    Thank you for sharing, I feel inspired!
    I seem to have a no-excuses take on eating well, so I'm inspired by your no-excuses attitude on moving more. Congrats!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    After all you have been through, you are still making the time to help your health... That's amazing and inspiring. And humbling.

Congratulations. I hope you know how impressed we all are by the work you've put in. (Hugs)
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    So proud of you, Violet. :)
  • JennifrClaire
    JennifrClaire Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Cheering from the cheap seats at the back ! Those first steps are the hardest.