Options
2»

Replies

• empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    lisabee18 wrote: »
    Need help today, noticed that my thighs are rubbing against each other

You mean those strong, beautiful, powerful thighs that hold you up and carry you round all day? Embrace it! Love it! EVERYONE I know and I mean everyone, especially those with strong, nurtured bodies have thighs that touch or rub together. What's wrong with that? Who said they shouldn't? Where does that come from?
    Remember that you are here to embrace the mental shifts? That goes in ups and downs. It's summer. Most people feel ugh! about some part of their body. Don't let your mind focus on a perceived negative. Steer it to a positive!
    How is your energy? Strength? Mood? Hunger/satiety levels?
    Try a gratitude journal or just list 3 things that you are thankful for each day. Refocus the mind.
    Thank you for posting this. You are not alone in having these kind of thoughts. We just have to rewire our brains and dig deep to ask ourselves why we think there's something wrong with our bodies? EVERY body is beautiful.
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • lisabee18
    lisabee18 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
  • lisabee18
    Options
    Recalculated my TDEE today at higher weight of 77kg using both EM2WL and Scooby it turns out l have been eating 240 cals more
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Both those sites use the same tables so you don't have to worry about cross-reference.

Glad you discovered before constant weight increase made your real TDEE matched your eating level.

That's not a good situation either.
  • lisabee18
    Options
    Yeah hope l can see difference in a months time, l weigh myself monthly mostly to see any changes in BF%. Ideally l want to loose 15-20% that may take me a good few months. Fingers crossed
  • empressichel
    Options
    Just checking, you want to lose 15-20% body fat? What was your starting body fat %?
    Or you want to get to 15-20%?

Just a note of caution, we can get caught up in a body fat number the same way we get caught up in a scale number. I'm not saying don't have a goal, just don't make everything about it.

Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • lisabee18
    Options
    Just checking, you want to lose 15-20% body fat? What was your starting body fat %?
    Or you want to get to 15-20%?

Just a note of caution, we can get caught up in a body fat number the same way we get caught up in a scale number. I'm not saying don't have a goal, just don't make everything about it.

Ichel
    Team EM2WL

Yes l would like to loose that much. Starting bf% is 41%. So target would 25% -20%. I know it would take time a few years to get there. If l can 10% down in a year it will be good too.

I try not to obsess with numbers and l only weigh monthly. I use my clothes and mirror as measure of loss or gain mostly.

• empressichel
    Options
    Gotcha!
    Please keep giving us updates.
    Love hearing how you are getting on.
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • lisabee18
    Options
    Quick update!
    Weight: 80.2kg/ 12st 8lb - ⬆️ 3kgs
  • lisabee18
    Options
    Havent been on here for while but l am still pushing forward with reset. Though must admit have had a rough few weeks of trying hard to crush DM
  • kcmsmith0405
    kcmsmith0405 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Just keep plugging away at it. I am losing weight eating around 2200 calories a day. It is SO worth the reset! Go watch some of the videos on the EM2WL.com website - they are really helpful, honest and great to help you get into a better mindset.
  • lisabee18
    Options
    Just used a different calculator from IIFYM and TDEE is 1829 cals
  • heybales
    Options
    I will comment on that site - from the forums where people have tracked their eating and weight loss and can do the math for TDEE based on that loss - they always find that IIFYM's underestimated TDEE by decent amount.

So just be aware.

Now Scooby's site that allows using Katch BMR method based on a decent bodyfat % can make things more accurate - but still based on the Harris 1919 study table for TDEE that has been found outdate for more recent studies.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Keep going! that mentality is tough to get through somedays!!

Kelly
    Team EM2WL
  • lisabee18
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    I will comment on that site - from the forums where people have tracked their eating and weight loss and can do the math for TDEE based on that loss - they always find that IIFYM's underestimated TDEE by decent amount.

So just be aware.

Now Scooby's site that allows using Katch BMR method based on a decent bodyfat % can make things more accurate - but still based on the Harris 1919 study table for TDEE that has been found outdate for more recent studies.

Wow thanks for the info, l suppose l have a while yet to find my true TDEE or thereabout!!! I will visit EM2WL site and others and compare the figures. The fun is in the experimenting right
  • heybales
    Options
    It can be interesting to see the variances - and as long as it's understood it's an estimate that can help you hone in on accurate figure faster based on observation.

Or like some - daily activity levels change enough (seasonally or otherwise) that it makes month long tests rather impossible to determine anything - so best estimate up front is very desired.