Options

Replies

• sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    SW : 24 st 7lb
    CW : 21st
    GW: 14 st 7lb (then reassess)

Old small goal : below 23 st by end of April - MET!
    Old small goal : below 22 st by 12th June - MET 3rd June.
    New small goal : below 21st by 22nd July.

Loss this week : 2lb
    Total loss since SW: -49lb

Just ticking on. Still managing to log everything despite quite a difficult situation with my father being very unwell. The most stressful part is constantly preparing myself that he is going to die but at the same time not knowing if it will be today or months from now. I know it would be easy for me to stop logging and start eating, so not giving myself any leniency.

• mebelfanti
    mebelfanti Posts: 326 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Realized I haven't posted in here in a long time! I want to try to be more active in this group, I need the accountability.

Starting weight: 281.4 lbs (3/27/17)
    Current weight: 245.4 lbs (7/14/17)
    Total loss: 36.0 lbs
    Loss this week: 1.6 lbs

Goal loss rate: 2 lb per week
    Next milestone: 40 lbs lost (hopefully will hit this by the end of the month)
    Goal weight: probably 150ish

What's going well:
    * After a few stressful and busy weeks, I feel like my head is back in the game. I feel determined again which feels good.
    * Staying under my calories this past week

What's going poorly:
    *Progress on the scale has slowed, which is to be expected but I didn't think it would start slowing down this soon. It's a bit discouraging and it messes with my motivation.

Goal for the week:
    I'll be travelling to Brussels for work this week, leaving Saturday. Last trip I gained a pound (which, honestly, I consider a victory in a city famous for chocolate, waffles, and beer), but I think it was mostly water weight since the following week I lost almost 5. Anyways, my goal is to log all my food (even if I go over) and exercise at the hotel daily.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    My Starting Weight: ~375 lbs (01/01/2017)
    My goal: 300 lbs preferably by middle of August, but will settle for end of summer
    Milestone: 300 lbs
    Current Weight: 303.4 lbs, 07/20
    Total loss: -71.6 lbs

What's Working: Finally! After 6 weeks of slow and tedious loss, I finally had a woosh of nearly 4 lbs. In fact, I actually recorded Tuesday's weight instead of what I saw on the scale this morning just to be conservative lol. I'm doing a better job of sticking closer to my calorie limit (still going over, but on most days, not by much) and staying away from the candy bowl at work

What Needs Work: I'm still not doing very well at trying to get more sleep at night. I had told myself I was going to try to have lights out by 10:30 pm at night; so far, I've been an hour late every night. Its a struggle to get in bed early because most nights, I seem to get a second wind in energy around 8 pm, which makes it very difficult to go to sleep earlier.

I'm also struggling to get even a 30 minute walk in a day. I did good the last 2 weeks, but this week I haven't done any walking at all. I tried walking the mall last week, but I just feel so self conscious about it. I've tried treadmills in the past, but hated them. Also, there is something wrong with my gait and how I walk which makes the belt of any treadmill (and I've tried a lot of different models which all do the same thing) to stall beneath me - I'll be walking along and suddenly, the belt jerks and I nearly fall down. It's happened enough times that I'm afraid to walk without holding tightly onto the handrails, which of course lowers the actually calorie burning I'm doing.

I don't like gyms at all. I know its my own self-consciousness that is a big part of the problem, but I also really hate the repetition and the equipment. I prefer to walk outside, and I have a much better success rate of getting myself moving if its an outdoor stroll. The problem right now is, we are in the middle of dog days in the US and a heat wave to boot, so walking outside at lunch is impossible. And evening time isn't much better. Plus, by the time I get home, its a battle of wills that I lose with myself on getting myself moving in the evening. My small supply of will power drains by the evening!

I'll keep trying. I did buy a pedometer to try to inspire myself to move more. When I get moved to the new place, I think I am going to get me a stationary bike. And when I get to the new place, I have more places of solitude that I can walk.

Also, I know I really, really need to get some strength training started, but again, I detest a gym environment, so I'm not sure what to do about this part. I also need help to make sure I've got my form right, but I can't afford a trainer. My brother tells me to just look online for training videos, but that doesn't help me know if I'm doing it right. *Sigh* when I get moved, I'll look into it again.

Finally, I only tried IF for 1 day, and I don't know if it will work for me. I skipped breakfast that morning, and found myself obsessing about food ALL MORNING LONG. I was watching the clock religiously, and fighting myself the whole time. Perhaps things would get better if I kept it up, but at the same time, IF is a tool, not a prescription, and perhaps it isn't a tool that will work so well for me. My brother, on the other hand, loves IF and has found it works wonders for him.I did like having all my calories available for lunch and dinner as it made it easier and I could have a higher calorie meal. On days where I need to go out to eat for one meal or the other, IF could be the ticket to keeping myself in check. I don't know; I may give it another go soon.
  • mebelfanti
    Options
    Current weight: 243.2 lbs (7/21/17)
    Total loss: 38.2 lbs
    Loss this week: 2.2 lbs

Goal loss rate: 2 lb per week
    Next milestone: 40 lbs lost (so close!)

What's going well:
    Happy to report a loss this week after being out of town for work. I didn't log or exercise like I had planned so I'm not sure how I wound up with a loss but I'll take it!

What's going poorly:
    Got out of my routine due to travel

Goal for the week:
    Make it to the gym 5x and start doing yoga at home. I found Yoga with Adriene on youtube and it looks pretty good so I'm excited to give that a try https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    My goal: 300 lbs preferably by middle of August, but will settle for end of summer
    Milestone: 300 lbs
    Current Weight: 301.4 lbs, 07/27
    Total loss: -73.6 lbs

What's Working: I did much better this week staying close to my calorie goal, though since I realized I've been losing at a rate of 2.5 lbs/week on average, I'm not too upset with myself if I stray over the goal a little. I've got it set to 1550, but I'm truthfully eating something like 1600 to 1650. In truth, most calorie calculators Ive seen for my height and weight say I should be eating around 1600 - 1700 calories a day to lose 2 lbs/week anyway. I'm leaving it at the lower number, though, because its easier for me to curb myself in the evening once I see that number in red on my page lol - my mind thinks "going over a little doesn't hurt", but once it gets into the red, my mind doesn't like seeing that red number get very high.

The things we do to trick ourselves.....lol

What Needs Work: still not getting enough sleep at night and still not getting enough exercise in. My job is a huge part of the problem on both fronts (and many other issues I have going on too). I ordered a brand new bicycle last week as my gift to myself for reaching goal weight, anticipating that by mid-August, I'll have reached it, so hopefully that will inspire me to get moving more. I've never had a new bicycle before!
  • Nerdbear88
    Nerdbear88 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My weekly update:

Average weight: 216.47 lbs
    Weight trend this week: -2.37 lbs
    Total weight lost: 179.73
    Total body fat lost: 36.5%

This week I did three hours of crossfit, 3 miles running and 40 miles riding my bike. I burned 10455 active calories this week. I plan on adding more running and cycling this next week as the heat has gone down a bit here. Will try another week of not logging my food. Still trying to see if I can work on mentally logging my food to keep me in check. I'm still technically in maintenance but burning so many calories it's hard for me to match it in calories eaten. My attitude now is to just do what I enjoy doing and whatever weight my body wants to maintain I'll be happy with. If you want to follow along more about me and my journey check out my blog at http://nerdbear.com
  • kimbermak
    kimbermak Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    SW: 277.2lbs (Jan 16, 2017)
    GW: 150lbs by Feb, 2018

Last Weigh-In: 232.4 on 7/10
    Current Weigh-in: 237.2 lbs
    Weight GAIN since last weigh-in 4.8 lbs.
    Total Loss -40 lbs

Short term goal: 225 by July 17. NOPE - DIDN'T HAPPEN.

What's working: This past week - NOTHING-

What's NOT working: I have had family in and out of the house for the past 3-4 weeks and I feel like I have to cook for everyone so, I am eating more than I normally would and not choosing the best nutritional foods that I should.

My situation with my mom hasn't changed, but I need to start taking care of myself also. I am feeling the pounds creep back on! So I am going to try to log in and keep up with this wonderful group.
  • gazellefish
    gazellefish Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    About Me: 27 years old, office worker (marketing).

My Starting Weight: 260 lbs (01/01/2017)
    My Ultimate Goal Weight: <150 lbs (I'm 5'4" so I will evaluate body composition after this)

My goal date for losing 100 lbs is by early summer 2018
    Target Loss: at least 1.5 lbs per week

Milestone #1: 235 lbs (by April for a trip to London - on track, only 5lbs to go in three weeks!) DONE!
    Milestone #2: 220 lbs (my next 20lbs loss and my next reward bracelet) DONE! (Note; I'm since up 1-2lbs but I think it's normal fluctuation so I'm counting it)
    Milestone #3: 199 lbs (I'd love to be in Onederland for Ren Faire in early November)
    Milestone #4: 180 lbs (My goals tend to be in 20lb increments)

Last Check-In Weight: 224.2 lbs, 06/28
    Current Weight: 221.2 lbs, 08/01
    Loss between checkins: -3 lbs
    Total loss: -38.8 lbs

August Goals: While my foot heals I can't run, and lifting is a bit difficult, so August is all about eating. I'm going to try keto again and see if I can't jostle some more loss. Things still feel slow but I'm still making progress.

NSV: I bought new clothes, all a size smaller! Wearing clothes that actually fit to work today feels amazing.

• sparklesammy
    Options
    CW : 2ost 10lb

old small goal : below 21st by 22nd July - MET 7th August.
    New small goal: below 20st by 2nd Oct

Loss since last weigh in(3 weeks) : 4lb
    Total loss since SW: -53lb

I've been on holiday so had no scale. I was logging while I was away but we were eating out and about a lot so I was worried that I was underestimating. Was totally convinced I would have a gain this morning. So happy with a 4lb loss! I would have been quite happy with staying the same. Usually on holiday I gain as I just don't log and go a bit loose on my food morals!

The situation with my dad is a major stressor to come home too. He has actually started to get a lot better, which none of the doctors saw coming a few weeks ago. They prepared me that he was going to die, and we were just waiting on it happening. However, he started to recover. I'm less prepared for this. They might send him home and I know the cycle will just start again. He is an alcoholic. He has been sober during his hospital stay only because he can't physically get alcohol. I just don't cope very well with the whole situation. There's nothing I can do, there's nothing he wants to do. But if he drinks again he will die. Or at the very least he will be re-hospitalised to start another detox, he has cirrhosis now, so he has permanently damaged his liver. But he just wants to drink. He is still thinking about it all the time even though he is not physically addicted right now as he hasn't had any for nearly two months in hospital. But it's behavioural for him. It's just what he does.

• kimbermak
    kimbermak Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    SW: 277.2lbs (Jan 16, 2017)
    GW: 150lbs by Feb, 2018

Last Weigh-In: 237.2
    Current Weigh-in: 236.8 lbs
    Weight LOSS since last weigh-in .4 lbs.
    Total Loss -40.4 lbs

Short term goal: I need to reassess this.

What's working: This past week - Getting more water.

What's not working: Meal Planning. I've put everyone on alert that comes to visit my mom that I will cook one meal on the weekend, the rest is up to them. I make a nutritious meal as I would have before company started coming. They have two choices - TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT!
  • gazellefish
    edited August 2017
    Options

My Ultimate Goal Weight: <150 lbs (I'm 5'4" so I will evaluate body composition after this)

Target Loss: at least 1.5 lbs per week (Currently averaging 1.4lbs/week, I'll take it)

Milestone #1: 235 lbs (by April for a trip to London - on track, only 5lbs to go in three weeks!) DONE!
    Milestone #2: 220 lbs (my next 20lbs loss and my next reward bracelet) DONE!
    Milestone #3: 199 lbs (I'd love to be in Onederland for Ren Faire in early November)

Last Check-In Weight: 221.2 lbs, 08/01
    Current Weight: 216.4 lbs, 08/10
    Loss between checkins: -4.8 lbs
    Total loss: -43.6 lbs

August Goals: Between my foot injury and a series of setbacks including an allergic reaction, exercise has definitely taken a backseat, as did eating keto. May try again soon, but for now I'm just managing that CICO. Still losing at a decent clip so I can't complain too much!

• TheVonada
    TheVonada Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Missed last week. Turns out Sundays are getting harder to check in with increasing work stuff. So, shifting to Saturday check-ins!

SW: 407 lbs (1/1/2017)
    UGW: 250 lbs
    CW: 320.0 (-4.8 pounds in 13 days)
    Total Loss: -87 lbs

Short Term Weight Goal: 307 by 10/10 (100 pounds by my birthday)
    Secondary Weight Goal: Under 300 by end of October!

Comments: I've been doing better! It's been an adventure the past 2 weeks, but I'm forcing myself to find time to do at least a 20 minute workout every day, even if (like last night) it means it starts at 7:00 at night after a 9 hour workday and errands after, and I won't get to eat dinner until 8.
    It's been a hard couple of months, and I felt like I wasn't keeping myself in check, but I'm consistently on the right path. 32 weeks into the year, and I've lost 87 pounds?! I NEVER thought this was possible! I've been adding a LOT more fresh foods into my diet, and reusing leftovers in new ways. I'm 100% on the leftover rotisserie chicken bandwagon after this past week. Easiest meal prep ever! I've also started limiting my snacking at work. Having a stationary desk, and not getting the chance to be away from it for too long, has made constant snacking SO tempting, but I'm trying SO hard!
    Finally, workouts: I LOVE JessicaSmithTV on YouTube, and do at least one of her workouts each day, particularly her 1-mile power walks and LI/HIIT workouts. I've also started finding some Zumba videos to do - at least 25 minutes for those. So if anybody has any favorites, I'm game!

Keep up the good work, everyone!
  • sparklesammy
    Options
    CW : 2ost 8lb

Total loss: 55lb

This week was tough, because I was potty training my 2 year old so we spent most of the week at home while he got used to the potty. So apart from cleaning and general baby chasing I didn't get any excercise, so was much more strict with my calories because I had no excercise calories to use if I wanted to. It was tough because when I'm stuck in the house not doing much I get bored and hungry. So it was the first week I've really felt it difficult to excercise discipline/will power. But I did it.

Feels good today though, glad I stuck to it. I'm 1 lb away from my 4 stone loss, and that's keeping me focussed this week. Will get myself a treat of some sort.
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    My goal: 260 lbs (this would put me below the 40 BMI mark for being morbidly obese)
    Milestone: 290 lbs
    Current Weight: 297.8 lbs, 08/17
    Total loss: -77.2 lbs

What's Working: when I stay within my calorie range or close to it, it works

What Needs Work: staying within my calorie range..... I was out of town last week for work, and that's always hard, what with eating out. I did find a couple of parks to walk, and then went to Harper's Ferry and walked a lot down there, and I know that all helped, but it didn't completely offset the over-eating. I was decently back on track early this week, but blew it on Tuesday. Next week is going to be a bit difficult too; I'm going camping with the family, and my mother has already told me "well, you're just going to have to go off your diet for this trip". *sigh* I plan on taking my new bike and there are a lot of hiking trails, so hopefully, that will help!

And as soon as the old tenants finally get the rest of there stuff, I'll be hitting the cleaning and moving thing really hard. I've already been boxing and taking stuff down (i've got my dad's garage half full lol). The good thing is all that hard work is good exercise, the bad part is there will be a lot of temptation around. But I'll survive!
  • TheVonada
    TheVonada Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    SW: 407 lbs (1/1/2017)
    UGW: 250 lbs
    CW: 320.2 (+.2 pounds this week)
    Total Loss: -86.8 lbs

Short Term Weight Goal: 307 by 10/10 (100 pounds by my birthday)
    Secondary Weight Goal: Under 300 by end of October!

Comments: Not sure what was up this week... My weight was all over the place, spiked on Monday/Tuesday, dropped as low as 319, then back up and down... a weird week! I feel that I worked hard, but I'm stressing about work stuff, and I'm sure that isn't helping. This is my first week ever with a gain (at least since I've been tracking on this group). Oh well, another week awaits! I'm going to double down on tracking everything and pushing harder in my workouts.
  • sparklesammy
    Options
    CW : 2ost 6lb

Total loss: 57lb

Pleased to have got passed the 4 stone mark. My treat for this was decided for me the other day when my youngest child dropped and broke my nice water bottle. So a new water bottle for me!

Still not getting out much, the potty training seemed to be going really well then the routine was shaken by him going to Grans house overnight and then the last couple of days he has had a fever so a bit all over the place (literally...)

• gazellefish
    Options

Target Loss: at least 1.5 lbs per week (Currently averaging 1.4lbs/week, I'll take it)

Milestone #2: 220 lbs (my next 20lbs loss and my next reward bracelet) DONE!

Last Check-In Weight: 216.4 lbs, 08/10
    Current Weight: 214.4 lbs, 08/21
    Loss between check-ins: -2.0 lbs
    Total loss: -45.6 lbs

August/September Goals: Going to continue C25k and run a 5k in the fall (might just be an unofficial one in my neighborhood but still) and keep increasing cardio. Also going to attempt to up my weights for weight training - I've been kind of stagnant because I'm lifting with a caloric deficit but I think I can slowly increase my weights and just take the rep hit and see if I can't hustle some more muscle in place!

• mebelfanti
    Options
    Current weight: 233.6 lbs (8/22/17)
    Total loss: 47.8 lbs
    Loss since last check in: 9.6 lbs

Next milestone: 50 lbs lost

It's been a hot minute since I've checked in here, so maybe posting once a month is more realistic.
    I've stopped working with my trainer and have been going it on my own for about 2 weeks. So far so good but it's been harder to wake up before work and get to the gym, apparently I need the accountability. This month included vacation and a job change for my husband (read: STRESS) so I'm pretty happy that I'm close to my goal of 10lbs lost per month.

Goals for the month:
    1. Get some kind of exercise at least 4x per week and figure out a strength training plan
    2. Log consistently during the week (I give myself a log break on the weekends)
    3. Start C25K - I've been running for 60ish secs at a time and I'm finally starting to think I can do it