New To EM2WL, Sort Of

Options
cinblog1965
cinblog1965 Posts: 133 Member
I was in this group a few years ago but didn't really need to lose weight, just agreed with the concept and was curious. Back then I was very seriously into Tae Kwon Do and got my exercise through training. Long story short, menopause and some home stress came and stole my energy and apparently my good matabolism. I have gained 15 pounds. I also have arthritis now in my wrists and back and weight lifting seems to exasperate it. I do pushups and have started doing PiYO dvd's a few days a week to get some strength back, and generally work out for about 20-30 minutes a total of 5 days a week. I've been following the PiYO eating plan which is very similar as far as macronutrient ratios and the recommended calories for me (It has a ratio of 40% carbs, 35% protein and 25% fat) for the last 2 weeks. Haven't seen any results yet. I'm getting very frustrated. Anyone else in the middle of menopause on here having issues losing any weight?

Replies

• Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Welcome (back) to the group!
    First, please try and let the impatience go. You are only down two weeks. Thats not near enough time for changes to happen. Thats diet mentality telling you that results need to be NOW!!!!!! But its not the way. results happen slowly over time and with consistency and patience, things can happen. But if we rush and get frustrated when things dont come immediately then the immense feeling to walk away and give up, or reort to low cal dieting plans will come into play. Keep doing what you are doing and go at it slowly.

Menopause will cause stresses on your body, on top of normal, everyday stresses. So its very possible fat loss may be harder during this time. Be OK with just maintaining right now and let your body deal with the changes happening to it. I know its hard, but too many stresses can cause our bodies to hang on to every last ounce of fat and can actually cause GAINS instead. Concentrate on hitting your macros and staying at your calorie range. And give yourself lots of time and patience.

Kelly
    Team EM2WL
  • cinblog1965
    cinblog1965 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kelly for the bit of common sense! I listened to several of the youtube videos last night and am really motivated. And I'm going to put my scales in the closet for about a month. If I don't feel a difference in my clothes in about a month I may try a master reset although I've not done an extremely low calorie diet in decades! :D