Net Carbs on MFP?

Options
megsybeth
megsybeth Posts: 23 Member
I'm sure this has been posted before. So please link me if possible and sorry for the repost. I notice that MFP seems to only track total carbs in my macros. Freaked me out to max out carbs at breakfast before I noticed.

I was using an alternate keto app but wanted to try MFP again because I like having the exercise and community as well as keto tracking. Ideas? I use the free version. I can be persuaded to part with some money if it's worth it though ;).

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    You can go to settings in mfp and add fiber as one of the categories to track. Maybe delete "sugar" and add "fiber"? It then helps to put them in order of fiber following carbs so you can mentally subtract the fiber from the carbs which is how you arrive at net. Carbs-fiber = net carbs.

There is also a script that you can install. It is mentioned in the launch pad but I have never used it. Someone may post it for you but I say, look in the launch pad for lots of highly beneficial information.
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    You can go to settings in mfp and add fiber as one of the categories to track. Maybe delete "sugar" and add "fiber"? It then helps to put them in order of fiber following carbs so you can mentally subtract the fiber from the carbs which is how you arrive at net. Carbs-fiber = net carbs.

That's what I do to keep track of my net carbs. :)
  • Tenacity149
    Tenacity149 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Go to Caveman Keto and under Keto Resources click on Configuring MFP for Keto. You download an app extension and then click on the latest working script and it adds a net carbs column. All the directions are there. I just did it 3 days ago. Good luck!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Go to Caveman Keto and under Keto Resources click on Configuring MFP for Keto. You download an app extension and then click on the latest working script and it adds a net carbs column. All the directions are there. I just did it 3 days ago. Good luck!

Note: That only works on web browsers, not the app. You still have to put your carbs and fiber columns together and subtract using the app.
  • Tenacity149
    Tenacity149 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Baconslave - thank you for pointing that out - you are right!
  • rjan91
    rjan91 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I also have my headers for macros as carbs, fiber, protein, fat and sodium.
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    i have the script it shows net carbs column and then it shows % net carbs % fat % protein next to each meal totals and daily total. note MFP doesn't care about net carbs and will still show carbs as over if you are over. I just ignore the red if my net are good.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Luckily in Europe we track fiber separately, so our nutritional info already takes net carbs into account.
  • MissMorts
    MissMorts Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I don't seem to be able to get the scripts to work, but I think it might be an Apple thing... has anyone else faced that problem?