Day 2

Options
cinblog1965
cinblog1965 Posts: 133 Member
Today's my second day trying this I'm dreading the weekend because I always have been an overindulger on the weekends, eating and drinking what I want. You know, I've earned it for working hard all week . . . haha.

My stats: I'm 52 (ugh my matabolism crashed and burned in my late 40s), 5'3" and 150-ish pounds. I love to eat. I haven't endured a very low cal diet since my 20s, was always very active until perimenopause hit, so I don't feel I need the reset. When I put my stats in the calculator and set it to light (1-3 hours exercise per week) my 15% burn is 1585. I'm trying hard to get my protein in and get that mastered but I'm struggling not to overindulge because I'm still hungry. I work out 5 days a week but it's so light compared to what I used to do. I did tae-kwon-do until overuse injuries made it miserable. Now I go thru my katas, do my kicks, punch a bag and do pushups a couple days a week, do PiYO dvd's a couple days a week and am going to start HIIT intervals on my treadmill a couple days a week. None of my workouts last longer than 30 minutes. I work in an office with some weeks being extremely active moving IT equipment, going from office to office, and some weeks in my office.

How long til I know this is working?

Replies

• empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Have you plugged all your info into our calculator http://eatmore2weighless.com/weight-loss-calculator/ so that you know you are starting right?
    Two days is a really, really short amount of time.
    EM2WL is about long term, lifestyle changes.
    What are your goals? What are you looking to get out of this experience?
    How would you define if it was working?
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • cinblog1965
    Options
    My goals are to lose the fat I have acquired since menopause and to get my body fit again. I was always athletic until overuse injuries sidelined me and I just had an awful Tim motivating myself back off that couch, but ive gotten that problem solved and just yesterday started eith a goal to lift weights and get muscle. I would define working as not gaining fat anymore and metabolism strengthened
  • empressichel
    Options
    Great goals!
    Fat loss is a slow process, slower than weight loss.
    To strengthen your metabolism have you considered going through a reset?
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/the-metabolism-reset-guide/
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • cinblog1965
    Options
    @empressichel I did consider it but I've never really done very low calorie diets. My usual calorie intake has probably been anywhere between 1200 and 2500, being strict for 4 days and then going off the chain for 3 day weekends, which will get you nowhere fast, but I was trying to do Weight Watchers but I HATE BEING HUNGRY so I couldn't stick with it. My plan is to monitor at 1500-1600 calories for 4 weeks while work out with weights 4 days (30ish minutes at a time) and 1-2 days of HIIT for 25-30 minutes. If I like the results, go up to TDEE for a week and decide if I need to change my activity level on the calculator to moderate instead of light (1-3 hours). Changing to moderate will bump me up to 17xx. I'm 5'3", 150 pounds and 52 years young.

If I'm not getting any results after a month I will do a matabolism reset.

Does that sound like a good plan to you?
  • empressichel
    Options
    @cinblog1965
    Yes! I love a good plan!
    Love that you are looking at this long term too. I hate being hungry too. Makes me super cranky. I eat more for breakfast now than I used to eat in a whole day! Once that metabolism is firing and you give your body the amount of food it needs, no going back! Never ever not for me!
    Please keep us updated. We like to hear it all the good, the bad and the hungry! :#
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL