After a month....
Is it getting any easier ?
What's been the easiest change ?
What do you struggle with ?

Replies

• GoBlue1981
    GoBlue1981 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Still struggling getting myself to workout more. Tracking has become second nature. Been a little surprised with how helpful my bf has been in adapting to my new lifestyle...we used to go out for ice cream a lot...now he's always asking how many calories I have left before picking which restaurant we go out to if we're eating out, etc. He's been really helpful and I couldn't have been this successful without his support.
  • pachecocristina
    pachecocristina Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I know this is a place to be positive. But I'm struggling with personal problems right now. Just when I'm so close to my goal weight I discovered that my boyfriend has been cheating on me for the last 5 months minimum. My weight loss is fantastic though, I'm loosing weight even faster than I planned and I have managed not to binge eat despite being super upset. I would be throwing all my negativity into exercise but I also hurted my foot the day before I found out. :( I'm counting the days until my foot is finally healed so I can go out for a run, and walk all over the city.
  • GoBlue1981
    GoBlue1981 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    That's awful I'm sorry! I know that's a horrible feeling. Hopefully you heal fast and can take your frustrations out on something healthy! In the meantime maybe swimming or journaling or yoga or something? Or just focus on you or cooking or doing stuff for you that you like that you enjoy.
  • beckyr06
    beckyr06 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I think for me is the realization (or the repeated reminder, since I suppose this is nothing new for me) that I will need to be mindful about what I eat for the rest of my life. I have lost and then gained weight many times, because I think that somehow subconsciously I think that I will just be able to stay where I am at without thinking about it. So then I tend to eat a little more and ignore the days with too many calories, until the weight comes on again.

So I have to do something different this time, and maybe for me that means continuing to track calories FOREVER...but if that's what I need to do, then I'll have to do it. I just really don't want to have to lose this much weight....again.

Sorry about your situation, pachecocristina. That really sucks.
  • pachecocristina
    Options
    GoBlue1981 wrote: »
    That's awful I'm sorry! I know that's a horrible feeling. Hopefully you heal fast and can take your frustrations out on something healthy! In the meantime maybe swimming or journaling or yoga or something? Or just focus on you or cooking or doing stuff for you that you like that you enjoy.

You're right. Yoga and learning to cook sounds like something that can help.
  • Hauntedhollywood
    Hauntedhollywood Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    GoBlue1981 wrote: »
    Still struggling getting myself to workout more. Tracking has become second nature. Been a little surprised with how helpful my bf has been in adapting to my new lifestyle...we used to go out for ice cream a lot...now he's always asking how many calories I have left before picking which restaurant we go out to if we're eating out, etc. He's been really helpful and I couldn't have been this successful without his support.
    oh I love it when your partner follows allow as well it really helps

• Hauntedhollywood
    Options
    I know this is a place to be positive. But I'm struggling with personal problems right now. Just when I'm so close to my goal weight I discovered that my boyfriend has been cheating on me for the last 5 months minimum. My weight loss is fantastic though, I'm loosing weight even faster than I planned and I have managed not to binge eat despite being super upset. I would be throwing all my negativity into exercise but I also hurted my foot the day before I found out. :( I'm counting the days until my foot is finally healed so I can go out for a run, and walk all over the city.

I am so sorry!!! I am a stress eater. Wish I was a stress loser. I hope that you get feeling better quickly
  • Hauntedhollywood
    Options
    beckyr06 wrote: »
    I think for me is the realization (or the repeated reminder, since I suppose this is nothing new for me) that I will need to be mindful about what I eat for the rest of my life. I have lost and then gained weight many times, because I think that somehow subconsciously I think that I will just be able to stay where I am at without thinking about it. So then I tend to eat a little more and ignore the days with too many calories, until the weight comes on again.

So I have to do something different this time, and maybe for me that means continuing to track calories FOREVER...but if that's what I need to do, then I'll have to do it. I just really don't want to have to lose this much weight....again.

Sorry about your situation, pachecocristina. That really sucks.
    I lose & gain the same 10 pounds .. I need to get past that number on the scale .. it is a mind game. Ugh

• pachecocristina
    Options

I am so sorry!!! I am a stress eater. Wish I was a stress loser. I hope that you get feeling better quickly

Thanks. I'm much better now. It's time to focus on the future instead of the past :)