15lbs in 2 months

Options
gracerichter3213
gracerichter3213 Posts: 50 Member
edited August 2017 in Social Groups
Can it be done? I hope so. That's my goal for now. I'd have another 10 to go after that. Right now I'm just focusing on 15. I've been so discouraged for a few weeks now. Haven't been doing Keto. Haven't been feeling good and I'm up 3lbs now. I hate this cycle. Why can't I commit? I like Keto a lot I just end up cheating after a couple weeks & then everything unravels. I've been doing this since April and have nothing to show but maybe a 5lb loss total.

Replies

• Phanny24
    Phanny24 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    To be honest I've only been doing keto for a week but I've lost 3 lbs and starting working about a month ago and lost 3 lbs so 6 in total. Personally when I think of cheating I keep reminding myself how much I've lost and if I mess up it'll throw everything off and it'll be like starting over again. I know if I cheat once I'm not going to stop. Just try to remind yourself not to go back there and keep going forward. The more progress you see the more motivated you will be! Goodluck!
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to figure out WHY you are cheating. Do you feel too restricted? Are your cravings a problem? Are you not eating enough when you are eating Keto? Figuring that out should help you analyze why you are doing what you are.

Hope you get back on track!
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I've spent 4 years gaining and losing this 20 pounds that appeared on me. I understand. You have to do something that doesn't feel like a diet. You have to satisfy yourself. You have to eat good healthy fats on keto to be satisfied. Log it on something like MFP so you can see what works and what doesn't. I've been hungry a few nights so I look to see what I can improve. Best of luck.
  • RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    radiii wrote: »
    15 pounds in two months can be done but you don't have a whole heck of a lot of control over whether you're going to have a post-induction stall (PISS as I've always known it). Just do your best and try to get yourself on track and the rest will work itself out.

I went to a convention last year (Twitch Con) in October weighing 305 lbs and met a bunch of friends there. After it I felt motivated to be at a much lower weight this year when I go back. Well, I ended up moving and gaining a lot of weight during a big move, and spent 6 months on again/off again with keto. Despite this huge goal to get to a decent weight by October, I entered June weighing 334. FINALLY I got back on keto and made it stick. Its too late for those dreams of being 250 or less when I see all my friends, in fact, at this point it would be a decent accomplishment to be at 305 like last year.

Its a disappointment, but, I'm actually back on track with keto, good things are happening, and that self imposed deadline doesn't mean anything at all compared to the feeling of feeling like I'm finally back in control and doing the right things for my overall health. I guess I can go ahead and set a TwitchCon 2018 weight goal if I want, but if I'm smart I'll just worry about staying on keto and things will take care of themselves at their own pace.

--Forward progress is always good! Congrats on getting back on track. I like the idea of keeping your goal in mind for 2018, but sticking to plan and letting that work itself out.
  • quiltnutty
    quiltnutty Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have given myself a goal and a date for that goal many times and I think it somehow sabotages me. I miss the goal and even if I have made progress it depresses me that I didn't do better and then I fall into bad habits again. Rinse and repeat. Now I am focusing on hitting my targets and let the scale track my progress but not be my jury.
  • Smoked33
    Smoked33 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20lbs in the first month many times starting keto so it's definitely doable. Keep the carbs low, calories in a healthy deficit and exercise as much as you can.
  • gracerichter3213
    Options
    Thanks y'all!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all!

So....Why DO you 'cheat'....? :)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I'll use this thread to once again suggest reading a book by Stephan Guyenet. "The Hungry Brain: How to Outsmart the Instincts that Make Us Overeat." Key word INSTINCTS.

Reading the book not only helped me to quit beating myself up regarding "food transgressions" it helped me understand the biological "whys" and gave me direction to eliminate/ignore the stimuli and eliminate the behavior.
  • gracerichter3213
    Options
    Thanks y'all!

So....Why DO you 'cheat'....? :)

Really I make excuses as to why I'm cheating. "Oh I'm tired. I forgot to thaw something out for dinner. It's my nephews birthday. My mom is visiting." And so on! While I'm cheating too I'm so mad at myself! I know I shouldn't be eating bad but do anyway