Keto carbs confusion.com!

Options
Oolinds
Oolinds Posts: 7 Member
Help required please! Kept newbie is confused.
I am confused with carbs and net carbs on MFP. When I put in my carbs, fat, protein, sugar ratio when I set up (a few days ago) are they net carbs or have I got to calculate (carbs - fibre + net carbs) each food input??? each day??
Any help greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Replies

• Alaplum
    Alaplum Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Yes you need to subtract the fibre. There is a program you can download, that will make net carbs show up on your food page maybe someone hear can direct you to that, but until then, subtract the carbs.
  • RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    you have a few choices, you can just do a quick simple math at end of day of Carbs - fiber, and voila, net carbs. You can download the add-on (whatever the techy name for it is, unsure), or you can try your best to search for foods and note in the search NET CARBS. :) Good luck.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    You can also just go with total carbs and give yourself a bit more wiggle room. If you want 20 net carbs, enter 30 total carbs. Or something along those lines.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    You can change the macros/micros that you monitor in your diary by going to settings. I would delete sugar and add fiber. I would also place fiber next to carbs for a quick mental subtraction. And what others said above.

This works especially well if you use the website on a desktop versus the mobile version on a cell phone/table. I find I like to look at somethings on my home computer and other things on my cell phone. They're different. If you have access to both, explore both.
  • Oolinds
    Oolinds Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the info. I will def move the fibre next to carbs so then I can eyeball the net carbs each day.
    So I should be aiming for 20 NET CARBS correct? I have the other macros figured out now as I found the macro calculator etc....
    Basically like @RhiannonBecks said, Carbs-Fiber=Net Crabs.

So grateful for your time and suggestions. It's tough when you start out....
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    yes and therefore...very little fruit...most of carbs come from green leafy veggies and proteins and fats...'incidental' carbs.
  • RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    TnTWalter wrote: »
    yes and therefore...very little fruit...most of carbs come from green leafy veggies and proteins and fats...'incidental' carbs.

Oh the fruit, I miss peaches and bananas like crazy!

I do still enjoy fruit however, mainly strawberries and blueberries, but strawberries were my go to now before anyway! I do know though, that looking at previous strawberry eating behaviors, no bueno, lol! Last night I enjoyed 88 grams of strawberries sliced thinly + 1 TBS whipping cream. What a delight!

And @Oolinds you got this, you will learn as you go, maybe make some mistakes, learn from them, dust yourself off and keep going! Just remind yourself ( I have to almost daily) that weight loss (if that is your goal) is a marathon and not a race. Setting yourself up for behavior changes along the way will increase your chances of sustainability!