On just my third day -- what should I expect going forward?

Options
doctor_kaz
doctor_kaz Posts: 1 Member
I am 43 years old (male), 260 lbs. After a couple of decades of fighting my weight and losing the battle, I finally decided that I had had enough and I got my doctor to prescribe me Saxenda. I took my first injection on Tuesday and today is my third day. For the most part, I do not feel any different yet. For instance, last night at dinner I wanted to go for seconds (normal for me). How long does it usually take to kick in?

I actually exercise a lot for somebody of my weight. It is my way of keeping my weight at least slightly under control, because my food intake never has been. If I did not do as much cardio and I do on a weekly basis, I would probably weight 450 lbs. My food intake has never been self regulating. I almost never feel full without feeling guilty. I am badly overweight and it takes me willpower just to stay here. I am unable to relate to people whose appetites self regulate and who don't have to make a willpower decision to stop eating.

I have tried tons of diets. I have seen a nutritionist. I know how to lose weight. I know how to eat right. My diets always work as long as I stay on them. But it takes me a huge amount of willpower to do so. A normal person should be able to eat a 2,000 calorie diet. For me, that feels like starvation. I want so desperately for that not to be the case.

Those of you who have been on the medicine for a while -- has it limited your craving for food? Made you feel full faster? I want to badly to have those feelings as soon as possible, even if it means I have to tolerate the bad side effects for a while. I'm still going to exercise as much as I can and track what I eat, but to not have to spend any willpower to pass up a slice of pizza or pie would feel like a miracle for me.

Replies

• bio79
    bio79 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I started it 2 weeks ago and it definitely limited my appetite.

I produce too much insulin so a side effect of that is never feeling "full" - Saxenda has definitely helped with that. I actually started a blog detailing my experience thus far because I couldn't find a ton of info out there on it before I started it lol :)

Im down 14lbs since starting it 2 weeks ago
  • Chloenemo
    Chloenemo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    bio79 wrote: »
    I started it 2 weeks ago and it definitely limited my appetite.

I produce too much insulin so a side effect of that is never feeling "full" - Saxenda has definitely helped with that. I actually started a blog detailing my experience thus far because I couldn't find a ton of info out there on it before I started it lol :)

Im down 14lbs since starting it 2 weeks ago

What's your blog link?