Breastfeeding

Options
cwolf89
cwolf89 Posts: 8 Member
Hey ladies.
Question do you count the calories you burn while breastfeeding into your daily exercise?

Replies

• hayleysk2016
    hayleysk2016 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I never thought of that....hmmmm
  • cwolf89
    cwolf89 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I know you burn up to 500 calories a day by breastfeeding

• atran1980
    atran1980 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That is interesting. I don't think I'll add to my exercise because it's impossible to quantify but might add 200 calories to my food allotment. Any extra calories burned will just be a bonus!
  • hayleysk2016
    hayleysk2016 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think if i added it i was use it as an excuse to eat more...and im already hungry all the time...doh
  • wendy_mc_23
    wendy_mc_23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't add it but sometimes I eat a little more then my allotted because I'm SO hungry. I try to just drink extra water but sometimes it doesn't work!
  • MJBez
    MJBez Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I looked into this a little bit because i didn't want to hurt my milk supply. I eat more calories now than when i was trying to lose weight before. I pretty much eat "maintenance" and then no extra (or very little) for bf. That gives me like 1800 cals for a 5'4 woman. But I'm no expert. I'm also not logging my food every day. But for the Couple weeks i was more diligent i did lose a few lbs.
  • ilikejam33
    ilikejam33 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    MFP has an option to add breastfeeding into your food diary (search breastfeeding). I add the -300. This allows you to use the MFP setting for the weight you want to lose and to eat the extra calories you need in order to keep yoir milk supply. So far its working for me :smiley:
  • mindalyn
    mindalyn Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    This is what I have been looking for!