Looking for friends/support from you ladies!

Options
myshelle1985
myshelle1985 Posts: 14 Member
I'm 31 years old and 27 weeks pregnant with my first child. My son Jaxon Stone is due Nov. 8. My OB informed me last week at my monthly check-up that I need to go on a low-carb diet and cut sugary drinks out. I'm in the obese category and I've already gained the max weight I should for the entire pregnancy. The goal was 20lbs, but I've gained 22lbs and I've just started the third trimester. My OB said he'd be happy if I only gain no more than half a pound each week for the rest of my pregnancy.

I just got a call from the OB's office that my glucose test came back abnormally high and to come back to do a two-hour glucose test. They're concerned I may have gestational diabetes. Tomorrow's test results for the second test will give us an indefinite answer.

So I'm looking for other pregnant gals like myself on MFP to add as friends..rather you're just maintaining a healthy diet, diabetic, doing a low-carb thing, etc. Also women who aren't presently pregnant but are on a low-carb diet and/or diabetic ladies, too. Please send me friend requests so we can support each other.

Replies

• artgalchitown
    artgalchitown Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Happy to connect - I've found this group to be super helpful during this journey. I'm 29 weeks, also on my first pregnancy.
  • Mountaingirl33
    Mountaingirl33 Posts: 80 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Happy to add- I log everything and try to eat nutrient dense. I'm also low carb by default gluten free for medical reasons.
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a request! I had gestational diabetes with my first and I've been lucky enough not to have it again. This is my 4th pregnancy but I haven't done the glucose test yet and I'm worried this time. I'm due Nov 15th!
  • RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    @myshelle1985 Id be more than happy to add, I am TTC (only few months in), but I follow Keto WOE and will continue to do so as best as possible if we do conceive.

Good luck on your tests!
  • pandacsek
    pandacsek Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am due on Dec 4. Please add me if you log your daily food regularly! I need motivation! I feel huge and my sugar test came back higher than normal so I will also have to take the sugar tolerance test soon. I have been a member of MFP from the get go and I always do good when I am on it so I need to get back here to finish off my pregnancy with a more healthy weight than last time. With my first I gained about 60 lbs. I lost it all and was in a really good shape but now I am pregnant with my second son and I have been lazy about my workouts and have not been eating well.

Help me! Motivate me! :)
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Add me too! Love the pregnancy support!

Im not low carb, but im trying to eat healthy (as i can without a stove hooked up yet #renovations). I'm 23wks with my 1st, and so far I've gained ~6.5lbs. My goal is 20-25 as I started overweight.
  • marianlyn
    marianlyn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm not low-carb, but feel free to add me! I log 90% of the time (weekends have been harder lately for some reason) and try to eat healthy. I haven't had my glucose test yet (16 weeks along) but didn't have gestational diabetes with my first two pregnancies, so not anticipating it this time around.
  • lk149504
    lk149504 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I'm due December 28th with my first and am currently 22 weeks. I need to do a better job of eating healthy and keeping the weight gain down. I still have about half way to go and have gained about 18 pounds thus far. I want to set a goal and stick with it.

Feel free to add!
  • Kekekylene
    Kekekylene Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, far from low carb but am due nov 11 and still logging and following my plan