August 18 Sign In

Options
2»

Replies

• cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    :# ...not my brightest moment, but lesson learned!

Calories: below my allotted goal. Hello, Sauvignon Blanc!

Tracking of everything.

• hil331115
    hil331115 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    needless to say I have been MIA most of this month. decided to enjoy my vacation and not worry about logging everything although most days I made very good choices. a few walks on the beach, some heated games of mini golf and walking around tourist spots were the most exercise i did. i did step out of my comfort zone by actually going to the beach in a bathing suit and not wearing a cover-up! back on track starting on Sat.
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    @fitastic2day I hear you.
    August has had me wanting to slide back to old habits. There have been so many distractions; 2 weekend trips to Alberta, window renovations(still in progress), getting rid of old windows and blinds(finally happened today), backyard tree removal(stump finally removed yesterday/sawdust everywhere), sod put in front yard 2 days ago(dirt/mud for the last 5 weeks), brother-in-law in hospital for 10 days( discharged yesterday) etc etc etc
    I do not do well when there's so much going on. My husband is feeling it too. Sheesh!! Tomorrow I am taking a chill day.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES 45 min push mowing and 75 min outdoor bike ride

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES

• getrealgirl
    getrealgirl Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Exercise-stretch, Ab Challenge #100, and Strong Curves Lifts.
    Tracking-yes!
    Calories- under by just a bit. I was very good today after I woke up feeling polluted from eating out last night.
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Yes x3 today. Just barely. A day of driving and settling in and visiting. No exercise to be seen... but the in laws headed to bed a bit earlier than usual and I refused to take a pass day over not being active. I'd rather it be for eating a huge, delicious slice of cheesecake or something worth it! So I got in 20 minutes of a circuit style workout.
    As far as comfort zones... I'm an introvert and prefer to fade back and blend in. I'd prefer to lurk and just listen so participating in this is a push, but a good one! Another one that I'm both terrified of and excited for is a trip I am planning for the spring. I'm hoping to take my 8 year old daughter to Eastern Africa to do some volunteer work. That will be quite the stretch... But a life changing kind of step out of my comfort zone!
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Do something every day that scares you!

I went to dance aerobics today. I'd thought it might be like zumba (pretty straight forward to copy) but the teacher didn't have the affiliation. Nope, it was proper choreography and fast. The rest of the class had been learning this one dance for the last 6 weeks. I was always a few steps behind the whole way and going the wrong way! Way out of my comfort zone but fitbit gave me just shy of 600 calories for it and nearly10000 steps! But no, it's one class I won't be going back to!
    Well done everyone for all the life transforming bravery.
    Yes x 3 for me.
    Have a great weekend!
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    August 18
    Exercise yes
    Calories yes
    Tracked yes
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    yes x 3 for me today

exercise walking in pool
    calories yes well under
    burned 539
    tracking yes
    water yes my 12 glasses

Hope everyone has a good weekend! :)
  • windowqueen2003
    Options
    It's out of my comfort zone to make myself do some form of exercise everyday. Since I have the challenge I've done this all month. It feels great to make myself do it because I know I need to do this to be healthy. Thanks to all of you for the encouragement to continue.

@RangerRickL I'm so glad you stepped out of your comfort zone and have this challenge available for us. I easily get discouraged when I've tried to lose weight. I have fatigue issued related to a health condition This past year I've had an accident ( broke bone under my rotator cuff), plantar fasciitis , ect,ect. Always something or some excuse. I have started a few diets that are unreasonable at best. Now I watch my calories exercise and log to hold myself accountable. Additionally I check in here to make myself accountable to the group. Thank you, thank you, thank you for making this available because I need accountability.

The day I joined your group I was so discouraged. I knew I had to do something. I know it's only been a very short time but I feel confident and strong and like I can continue. I am doing well so far with only one pass day. When I set my mind to something and I'm held accountable to it I succeed. Thank you again.

@Slimpossible007 way to go!! Sounds like you're on your way to a skinnier healthier you. Yay!!

@Dosse1320 No worries. You'll
    get everything done and you'll be back on track in no time. You know the saying when it rains it pours. LOL

• marthall
    marthall Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Pass day #2
    Under 5k steps and either the 2nd handful of cashews or pint of Cider put me over the calorie limit. Only 200 cal over through so I'm relaxed about it and a fantastic day mostly sitting round in workshops.
  • markmacare
    markmacare Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, a 90 minute stroll along the beach
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No, went over by a little
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • windowqueen2003
    Options
    August 18
    Exercise. Yes
    Calories. Yes
    Tracked. Yes