Too Many Past Diets! at 70

Options
emalou22
emalou22 Posts: 3 Member
My system is out of balance from chronic dieting. I know what to eat believe me since I have studied dieting since I was 16. I thought I was fat. I wasn't I had large breasts. I lost my husband 10 years ago and put on 30 lbs. I want to stay active and healthy. I walk , do yoga and some water pilates. I am eating about 1200 a day because I am 5 ft. tall. Any tips for working on the endocrine system?

Replies

• luellaella5
    luellaella5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Emalou....I'm 70 and looking for Fitness Pal friends! The 2, over-70 groups are very small and have not responded to my requests. Are you looking for an online friend? Maureen
  • mixdouble
    mixdouble Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi both of you. I'm 71 and have not logged on since last year. Usually this program eats too much of my time. I'm 5'2 and working to loose weight in a healthy fashion. I was very active, rowing competitively, into my mid 60's. Two hip replacements and a dislocated shoulder have slowed me down. I have a non-profit organization that eats too much time with computer work, so I am actively recruiting a replacement and hope to make 2018 my retirement year for that. I have a book and tape that has been helpful for me, I Can Make You Thin by Paul McKenna. The tape is about 30 minutes and uses visualization and relaxation techniques. I have used other tapes in the past and found them very helpful but it does take discipline to do them every day; just like exercise :) for the mind. The tapes have helped me eat MINDFULLY and see myself as successful. I started this one in January and have lost 15 lbs. I know that isn't fast, but at least I am on the right path. I'm not counting calories, but find my food choices and portions are getting better all the time.
    I would like to be in touch with others who share my goals and situation. I'm not interested in pics of grandbabies or pets, but would love to talk about health and exercise issues. It would be best for me to check in once a week instead of every day.
    Let me know if you are interested.
  • trigonelle
    trigonelle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 76 and just had my second hip replacement and dealing with tendonitis in my left knee due to having to compensate for so long before having my operation Feb. 22nd. So my activities are rather restricted to physio until I can drive my car in 6 weeks time. It is frustrating dealing with weight gain but I am hopeful I can start shedding pounds once I can get back to swimming and aquafit. I can actually manage with just my cane right now so that is encouraging. Once I can sit a bit longer at my computer I will start logging calories again.
    S;-)