Introduction!!!

intotennis
intotennis Posts: 183 Member
edited August 2017 in Social Groups
Hello all,

Please take a moment to tell us a little bit about yourself. Maybe goals, what type of workout do you love/hate.

Welcome to the group!!! smiley:

Replies

• intotennis
    Hi all, In case you don't know me, I'm a tennis nut, I play several times a week so my fitness is pretty good but, my down fall is I love food and wine! I completed P90X in 2012 had fantastic results but, the food and wine got the better of me so, now I'm starting P90X3 which is intense but much shorter. I need to lose some weight and get back into a healthier eating life style. I'm really looking forward to starting this challenge on the 28th! smile:
  • kbranch75
    kbranch75 Posts: 80 Member
    Thanks for setting up the group! My name is Kim, and some of you know me as Bam! My goal is to shed few pounds, gain endurance and look more tone. I enjoy jogging, the elliptical matching, strength training (favorite) and of course tennis here in Surprise, AZ. Nice to meet everyone. Let's do this!
  • kbranch75
    My username is kbranch75
  • intotennis
    Awesome, welcome to the group Bam!!! smile:
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    So happy you started this group!
    Looking forward to interacting with a group again - it made such a huge difference!

My goal is to feel comfortable wearing shorts again. Not the number on the scale or the number on the tags of my clothes.

To reach that goal I'm going back to the basics:

~CICO/IIFYM for BMI
    I can keep within my calories but always have a hard time with macros, this is where I lack consistency!

~~Cardio for Cardiovascular Health
    Add some type of movement to my daily life. Low impact walking till achilles tendinitis heals. Keep reminding myself, cardio does not equal weight loss.

~~Strength Training for Body Composition and Bone Health
    Keep lifting to add muscle mass for bones, and all the side benefits.
  • intotennis
    Welcome to the group giusa, macros are tough to keep exact so don't be too hard on yourself, you have a great plan set up and will do wonderful!
  • jperdomo79
    jperdomo79 Posts: 59 Member
    Hi Everybody! I'm Jen. Mama of 4 boys and love ballet Barre, Pilates and yoga. I'm so excited to be part of this group! Staying consistent is everything. I'm looking forward to feeling fit, slim and toned. Thanks for putting this group together again
  • jorange88
    jorange88 Posts: 36 Member
    Hi! My name is Jahda
    My goal is to start to no junk food challenge and begin a HIIT program and it become a lifestyle. So I guess just being consistent and faithful. In excited to be apart of a group. It makes it easier.
  • intotennis
    Welcome Jen & Jahda, having someone to share your journey with definitely helps stay focused! smile:
  • giglqueen
    giglqueen Posts: 74 Member
    Hi!! I'm Jenn and in desperate need of an accountability crew!! I work a lot of hours and have a hubby and a 6 year old. I have a lot to lose but would just be happy to see the scale move. :)
  • intotennis
    Welcome to the group Jenn, we have your back and you will do awesome!!!! :)
  • charr2661
    charr2661 Posts: 1 Member
    Well hello! Thanks to a fearless leader :D , I'm giving this a shot! Hoping to go back to better fitness and eating as the summer was very lazy for me.
  • intotennis
    Welcome to the group! :)
  • Naomisds
    Naomisds Posts: 59 Member
    Hi all! Eight years ago I lost 100 pounds the old fashioned way and kept it off for 5 years. The last 3 years I've kept gaining until now I've regained 65 pounds. I am hoping to lose this weight again once and for all and I am hoping participating in this group will help me with that!
  • kbranch75
    Hey girls ! Happy to see you both here. We're all here with the same challenges, struggles and temptations. You're not alone. We've been motivating, lead by our leader, Ms. Intotennis and congratulations each other with wins small and large. Group therapy does work!
  • Chesirekate
    Chesirekate Posts: 72 Member
    I'm rejoining fitness pal for I don't know like the 20th time. I'm trying to do it right this time, post, talk to people, and change my eating habits. Ideally I would like to lose 40lbs, but would be happy with the scale moving in the right direction. I'm about 1.5 weeks in and making slow progress, I'm okay with slow as long as it's prgress