August 23 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    f7ff6gkp63i0.png
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    tx0rr5ltwbz2.jpg

Since we are friends, I know this may seem a little wierd, but here goes...
    I am flying from Chicago to Pittsburgh for an evening meeting today and a full day on Thursday. I will need to eat in airports; group meetings and street food. I'm packing some gluten free bread in a hard shell case.
    I've never packed bread in a hard shell case before. I've packed guitars; cameras; video equipment; projectors; binoculors and more....now it's gluten free bread.
    My body will thank me!

Yes, your body will thank you. It is a wise move.

From my experience, some gluten free breads do not need a hard shell (they are almost more solid than the black box flight recorder (which is usually day glow orange) - :) ).

If you get a chance (and the flight is catered - especially long cross country flight), specify that you require gluten free (celiac). A 1.5 hour flight in the US is rarely catered though (byproduct of low-cost competition).

There are many tips to eating well while travelling (and getting exercise).
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    August 23
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 5 Km in 38 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Weighed in at 70.0kg this morning. I have been hovering near this figure most of the week. This is my lowest and my set low limit (22.85 BMI - centre of normal range). So yes it was possible to get there without spending any money specifically on weight loss :) . This is miles from the 91.5kg on Jan 1 or 89kg when starting MFP on Apr 18.

Just on visual looks, my estimated body fat is anywhere between 8% and 12%. The skin has not caught up with the new size (and probably will not for months). May have to increase daily intake again (will do if I have a "weak" or "lethargic" day).

Managed to get walk in before the rain today :) . Good speed today. Working on slowly increasing cadence (both up and downhill).

@pribud. Happy birthday (for yesterday).
    @am_change. Awesome day. 23,500 steps is a very busy day.
    @marthall. Beautiful coastline to walk along.
  • trixsey1
    trixsey1 Posts: 236 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @marthall - With views like that I don't think I'd ever be in the house. Just stunning.
    @am_change - You're doing brill sweetie. I hope when the summer ends you'll still be able to stay this motivated!
    @pribud - Happy Birthday for yesterday sweetie! Well done for planning ahead, hope you had a lovely day.

23rd Aug

Exercised?: Yes
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

No workouts again , it's been a bit stressful here today, lol. Missed going for my run today as that helps clear my head, but just couldn't get the motivation to go - my body is willing, my head isn't.
    Logging in early here as I won't get chance to do so later.
    It'll soon be time for evening meal here, already logged it in and a nutrient snack for later in the evening just to get me past 1000 calories or MFP won't log it as you know.
    Most people comfort eat when mentally exhausted, lol, I'm the opposite, I hardly eat at all.

Me and my daughter went on a short bike ride this afternoon, only for a hour but that was nice and took the woofies for a walk when I got back.

Total distance travelled: 10.6km (6.6 miles) - (excluding bike ride as forgot the odometer)
    Total steps walked: 14,810
    Total calories burned: 986
    Total calories consumed: 1060
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes, short walk. My one year old wasn't herself today with a tummy bug and needed lots of cuddles so as well as having to cancel all our plans, I didn't have a minute's peace.

@trixsey1 sorry you're having a stressful time. Hope all gets better soon. And thanks for the encouragement though with the return to work it's not such a motivational problem as just a finding the time problem!
    @RangerRickL I hope you enjoyed the bread though I agree with @craigo3154 about gluten free rock hard bread! Well done again on your among progress @Craigo46 and managing your maintenance.

• am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Among? Sorry @craigo3535 that was meant to say amazing! Predictive text!
  • jesscutedol
    jesscutedol Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yes times three... tracked al my macros almost under ate today. Didnt drink alot of water . Brisk walk /run to the docs office cause i was late for 13 min. Did 60 min aerobics. Toke my happy ointment so its going much better today. Travked everything i ate. Stayed within the caloric limit
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Aug. 21 Yes x 3
    Aug. 22 Yes x 3
    Aug. 23...Nope. I rediscovered the candy that the Vice Principal keeps for us. She is a tall, thin, drink of water and can resist the candy, but the majority of us at work need to lose weight and can't resist. Of course, I can't blame MY actions on someone else's actions, but why o' why does she bring it in? How do y'all avoid temptations at work?
    I've tried chewing gum, but that hasn't worked. Plus, I'm a bit of a thrill seeker, and I get a weird adrenaline rush from "stealing" some candy (even though it is there for us, I have the typical "caught in the cookie jar" response). Strange, but true.
    @120maggie: I agree with you on your pet comment. My Tara (the golden retriever in my profile picture) can always bring a smile to my face with her antics! With her Daddy out of town for awhile, I'm her new BFF and I'm loving it! <3
    @pribud: Happy Birthday yesterday! Excellent planning to save your passes for the occasion! I hope to do the same next month. :)
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    AUG 23
    Exercise: 33 min 3 mile rune and 1 mile 14min cool down and core work
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes
    Miles: 4.
    Yay!!! Wanted to go to Crossfit tonite but couldn't cuz i got stuck at work :(
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • fitastic2day
    fitastic2day Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm technically out of the challenge this month already, but the past 3 days have been passes. Tracked but went over budget and didn't intentionally exercise. My Aunt passed away Monday morning and my family is convening and mourning. I'm eating healthy food mostly, just too much mixed with a few "no, no's". Emotional eating is a gross understatement. We're all just trying to get through this week...together. I'm so grateful for my family at times like this. Will check in when I can. Good night friends.
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    @fitastic2day hugs. so sorry for the loss of your Aunt. Sounds like you are doing well avoiding emotional eating. Hang in there.
    @jesscutedol you had us worried with yesterday's post. So glad that today is a much better day.

Zumba for a.m. work out. Walked
    at lunch. Tracked and under calories.
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    @jesscutedol, your back on track, great!
    @fitastic2day, I'm sorry about your aunt, be gentle with yourself.

Yes x 3 today.
    I ate garbage in the office, jelly bellies, nasty little crackers, but stayed within my calorie limit. I did deadlifts and presses at the gym. Now I'm dragging my tail.
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Yes x3 today. Still not feeling well but had lots to do today so I had to be active. Went out for a walk this evening and it's got me good and worn out for an early bedtime. I tried to walk at a decent speed (I guess there's only so fast I can go in the city when having to slow down to cross roads and avoid traffic) but I can't help but laugh when I think I've been 'brisk' and then I remember the pace @craigo3154 keeps! Your 5km walk pace isn't much slower than my running! And I'm not dealing with hills either. Your speed impresses me!

@fitastic2day so sorry to hear about your aunt.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @craigo3154 and am_change You are both right about most gluten free breads. You could construct a hard shell case with it. So far, I've only used the 1oz bags of almonds that I packed along. I'll take some bread with me to breakfast tomorrow.
    Today:
    Calories: remarkably ok and below limit
    Tracking: pretty easy despite the travel options thanks to MFP
    Exercise: went out and walked in the Market Square neighborhood. Very urban chic
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    23-August-2017

Exercise: 60 minutes of circuit training. Average heart rate 159

Calories: I am under the goal

Tracking: yes, I tracked everything
  • SimonsChange
    SimonsChange Posts: 230 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Some yard work and 20mins of body weight training yard is looking a lot better
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    (109.73/ 140) Mile Goal
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. Dog walk only today

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    August 21 yes x 3
    August 22 yes x 3
    August 23 yes x3
    Sorry I got behind. Many things going on. Thanks to you guys-- still holding strong on my plan Lost 6.9 lbs as of Monday. So happy about that.