Health and Fitness Technology

Options
BPRKEY
BPRKEY Posts: 105 Member
Besides, MFP, what tools do you use? Favorite app? Favorite gadget?

Replies

• BPRKEY
    Options
    I've used Nike+, Jawbone, Apple Watch... I have to say, Apple Watch is my favorite. I'm pretty new to MFP, but so far it checks all of the boxes. I'm optimistic. #shesaysondayone :D
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I've been using the MFP full website since March 2013 and still love it. I tried the app for a few days at one point and hated it! I'm weird about apps though, if they show any glitches or buggy stuff, I'm out.

I haven't gotten into fitness tech/wearables.
  • BPRKEY
    Options
    My husband is an engineer at one of the known tech companies in the Bay Area. I couldn't get around it :D .

• bellaesprita000
    bellaesprita000 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I use Fitbit and Garmin Connect.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    Samsung Health, Garmin Connect, Strava, Zombies Run!, C25K, Runtastic Timer.

I am such a tech junkie lol
  • jlc102980
    jlc102980 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Fitbit charge HR....don't leave home without it. The heart rate monitor makes all the difference! I can't believe I got this far without it (just picked my charge Hr up in June, before that I had a regular fitbit for 2 years). I honestly couldn't believe how "off" MFP was in calorie counts.

Wireless headphones...how did I ever work out without them? Not a super-tech-y gadget but wow, did they make my life/workouts easier. And while I'm on the subject of non-tech-items...if you're a runner or otherwise outdoors-workout-person...polarized sunglasses. Wow. I know, 1st world problems, but both of these really made my workouts so much better. And on the safety front...a reflective vest (with zip pockets) and glow in the dark duct tape (I run a strip down the back of each leg and arm if its early or late). I feel so much safer in the morning/evening. I also have a blindly light thing but it's kinda cumbersome. But I'd rather be alive and slightly inconvenienced then but by a car.

Apps...i find the MFP app really glitchy. I've heard there are others out there, but haven't tried them. I like MapMyRun, but it doesn't sync right with my Fitbit, so I use Fitbit to track my runs. Works pretty well. Track my weight daily through happy scale (and I do know the pros and cons of daily weighing! It's better for me if I weigh daily because I can monitor my body's trends based on sleep, diet, etc.)
  • merrys73
    merrys73 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Fitbit Flex and I have a Polar hrm too I haven't used in a bit, used to use that for workout classes or DVD workouts.