Mini Goal Challenge - Week of Aug 28th to Sept 3rd

Options
In the weekly Warrior Mini-Goal Challenge focus on your short term goals.

Focusing on one week at a time, when the big picture seems too overwhelming. Small changes can bring on big results!!

Choose one or more things you want to work on for just this week. Don't set it too high or unreachable!!

Please, make sure your week works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It could be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.
2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.
3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week?

Check in often, have a great week and do the best you can! :)

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

*** SOME INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES TO PUMP US UP THIS WEEK ***

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." --Scott Hamilton

"You must act as if it is impossible to fail." - Author unknown

"When you name your fear, you can face it. When you face it, you can defeat it!" - Author unknown

:smiley: HAVE A GREAT WEEK AND REMEMBER, IT IS NOT ABOUT PERFECTION, BUT CONSISTENCY :smiley:

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Goals week of 8/28/17:
    1) Five blue dot days on WW - 0/5
    2) 6000 step goal - 0/4
    3) Minimum of ONE veggie a day - 0/4
    4) 7 hours sleep – 0/3
    5) 10 min housework 2 days - 0/2 (de-clutter)
    ** Tu, W, Th, F, Sa, S, M (no check in - )
  • SweetNewMee
    SweetNewMee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    To work out daily, no matter how much or how little. I just gotta start. That is my goal for this week.
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    This week will be emotional. I don't know how this will go, so easy tasks.

1) Go to gym 3 times - 0/3
    2) Keep going, working, getting out of bed every day. Do not let stuff get me down enough to not function. - 0/7
  • 92joann
    92joann Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Goals for this week - no eating back exercise calories
    No food after 7pm
    10k steps every day
  • no6016
    no6016 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Goals for this week.

Gym class 3x this week (move it)
    3 evening walks with daughter and dog (this is for my mom head and heart)
    Stay out of email before gym (put me first).

Ok thank you for this and the honesty here.

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Mini goals Monday thru Sunday. 10k steps daily. Log all food.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    First, let me say thank you to IsMollyReallyHungry for running this mini challenge.

This week I am dropping the sugar from my tea. I've also just healed from a very bruised knee and so I want to make sure I get in exercise each day Mon-Fri and Sun. Plus I want to consume an absolute minimum of 5 servings of fruits/veggies each day.
  • Recinos0507
    Recinos0507 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this so my goal this week....
    1. Log my food (even if it's bad) - 0/7
    2. Cook dinner (normally too tired to cook so we eat fast food) - 0/7

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Welcome to all the new faces!!! :) I love the goals I am seeing!! Check in as often as you can. It is not necessary to check in daily. I find checking in often helps us stay more mindful.

Hope Paulette and Hearts are having a great week!! :)

& I hope Julie is enjoying her vacation! B)B)B)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I'm new to this so my goal this week....
    1. Log my food (even if it's bad) - 0/7
    2. Cook dinner (normally too tired to cook so we eat fast food) - 0/7
    I definitely can relate to both of these! I used to be a fast foodie or a fast food addict. It got me to over 600 pounds at one time in my life, but thankfully I am no longer a fast food addict. I do eat it on occasion but no longer a addict and I make much healthier choices when I have to do fast food.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    92joann wrote: »
    Goals for this week - no eating back exercise calories
    No food after 7pm
    10k steps every day
    I find I lose weight much better by not eating back my exercise calories too! or points....I am currently doing Weight Watchers.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »
    This week will be emotional. I don't know how this will go, so easy tasks.

1) Go to gym 3 times - 0/3
    2) Keep going, working, getting out of bed every day. Do not let stuff get me down enough to not function. - 0/7
    Welcome back!! Love number 2...... Life can get you down, so this one is a good goal indeed.. (((HUGS))) o:)<3o:)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hello Warriors!! So happy to see so many new faces....welcome again!! I read ALL the goals even if I did not respond to them all. All were awesome indeed!!

Have a great day and make things happen!! :smile:

Goals week of 8/28/17:
    1) Five blue dot days on WW - 0/5
    2) 6000 step goal - 1/4
    3) Minimum of ONE veggie a day - 1/4
    4) 7 hours sleep – 0/3
    ** W, Th, F, Sa, S, M (no check in - )

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    No sugar in my tea - 2/7
    Exercise - 2/6
    5 servings of fruits/veggies 2/7

It's always easy till it's not. So far so good.
  • Recinos0507
    Options
    Progress so far....
    Logging food - 2/7
    Cooking dinner - 0/7
    Today isn't over so hopefully by time it comes I cook it....
  • Recinos0507
    Options
    Thank u so much IsMollyReallyHungry.... That is my family's biggest problem eating fast food. We do it every night and I know we need to stop it. The worst part is we say we're not going to do it bc of our kids but when dinner time comes we just pick it up bc we're too tired to cook. What did u do to stop?
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    @MrsRecinos0507 - It took a lot of pre-planning for the week and finding quick meals that can be prepared in 30 min or less. Costcos and/or Sams has quality meats that are frozen that you can put on salads. I love the fish you can put in oven and put with a veggie or two. Believe even if processed it is better than fast foods any day of the week. I am slowing moving away from processed processed foods but I still use frozen veggies and fish vs fresh. I love broiling veggies with a splash or spray olive oil on them and I broil chicken with all types of seasoning and no salt. Mrs Dash is my go to season for sure. I like the spicy, garlic and Chipotle flavors.

My sister is the stir-fry queen. I have not gotten there yet lol but she loves them and they are healthy and quick. Don't fool yourself into eating healthy is more money. Not true. It can be done, it just takes some effort.

Now when I go to Wendy's I get Chili or 2 orders of the chicken nuggets. Sometimes I get a chili and salad and put the chili over the salad for taco salad with no tacos. I love KFC grilled chicken. there are better choices even though they are all high in sodium. Most places have salads and baked potatoes. and I order everything that I can with no salt. Even in the regular restaurants and you will be surprised how good it still is because it still has a little salt on it from the grills etc. Fish is the only thing I do not ask for no salt on because I have not had good success with fish with no salt out :smile:

Good luck!! and keep in mind it took me MANY years to get to where I am now. It did not happen over night. Me and hearts used to be in a fast food group that really got me on the NO fast food band wagon. Now I can truly say I do it in moderation. Even some of my favorites. I am from Chicago and Pizza is a staple here and I can even do it in moderation. Just writing this I am proud of how far I have come on the FF. I had weight loss surgery which force me to not do fast food, then I digressed and went back to my addiction and gained about 80 of 300 pounds lost back and then that is when I came to MFP to stop the pain of re-gain :( So I am on my way finally after years and years of trying to find my way back. The surgery fixes the stomach but not the head. I do not regret having it at all but now I am truly using my knowledge with my tool to re-lose gained weight and hopefully finally reach my goals. I only gained knowledge thru many years of errors. Learning from our mistakes is half the battle :)

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Happy hump day! :)B)

Goals week of 8/28/17:
    1) Five blue dot days on WW - 1/5
    2) 6000 step goal - 2/4
    3) Minimum of ONE veggie a day - 2/4
    4) 7 hours sleep – 0/3
    ** Th, F, Sa, S, M (no check in - )

• no6016
    no6016 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My Goals for this week thus far

Gym class 3x this week (move it) 3/3 hey I did that piece.
    3 evening walks with daughter and dog (this is for my mom head and heart) Well we went to the pool together but her homework and her growth group took first place. I replaced it with face dinners 2/3
    Stay out of email before gym (put me first). 3/3 going for 5

This is kind of neat to do.

This discussion has been closed.