Opinions wanted: Time for a new board?

Options
Out_of_Bubblegum
Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
This board was started long ago (2011) by a user that no longer exists in MFP, and has 2 moderators, who haven't logged in since 2016 and 2014, and who have deleted their main MFP accounts as well.

I tried contacting support to see if we can get the ownership of a board changed or at least add some active moderators, but they told me that they can't do that.. only the owner of the board can.

I've been contemplating recreating this board as a result. I'm thinking if we can get a few active moderators in here contributing regularly, we can pump some life into the board and make it a great community geared toward a positive exchange of ideas, goals, training, and just awesome MA related discussions.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Out_of_Bubblegum
    Options
    Well if nobody says anything, I am going to assume that everyone agrees with me.... ;)
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I like the idea. I'd even moderate if you need some help. Second degree Black belt in TKD and TKD instructor. AND a 960+ day MFP streak.
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Options
    Great - I think it's essential to have a few moderators to keep things moving.. I think the #1 thing this board suffers from is a lack of "drivers" - a few key folks who like to keep things interesting with new topics.