SKIN REMOVAL!!!

Options
124»

Replies

• MoyMG
    MoyMG Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @NicoleL874 , WOW! You look amazing, what a change! Congrats!
  • clcmfp
    clcmfp Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    So glad you're on the mend! That must have been very scary for you and your parents!
  • featherweather89
    featherweather89 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear you're doing better now!
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    WOW! So sorry you went through all that you did. Am happy that you had your Mom helping you in all the ways she did. Am glad to hear you are doing better and your back side sure does look good as well. Finish healing well before you head back to work. The first week back after my breast reduction I was so tired after work, can't imagine how tired you must be. Good luck with everything.
  • Hungry_Shopgirl
    Hungry_Shopgirl Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Found this thread s few days ago and just wanted to say how brave I think you are. And you look amazing! Any new progress pictures to share?
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Eh. I have one, but not really sure I want to publicly share. It's full frontal, naturally some bits are covered, but it's still baring all. Not much is different with the back view, still swollen.
  • GailK1967
    GailK1967 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your journey. I have to say I've decided against this surgery after reading this but I may get my arms done.

Hope you continue to heal well.
  • MeemawCanDoIt
    MeemawCanDoIt Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Likewise, GailK1967, I am leaning away from surgery after reading this.
  • bebek10
    bebek10 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    So glad you're on the mend and doing so well! You're looking GREAT!
  • Samquentin
    Samquentin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    @NicoleL874 now that you should be all healed up, how does everything look/feel?
  • NicoleL874
    Options
    @lozenger1984

Here. Haven't reread any of it. Don't plan on it. I can tell you know that I would never recommend leaving the country to have that much work done at once. No local surgeon would approve that much work. I found out the hard way as to why.

Even without the infection, having that much work done at once would have been a minimum of six weeks out of work.

My legs are a hot mess, and now I have zero motivation to even think about them. My boyfriend is awesome and has asked me to please not have any more medically unnecessary surgeries, because it's not worth the risk to him. He's kind of awesome.
  • NicoleL874
    Options
    Samquentin wrote: »
    @NicoleL874 now that you should be all healed up, how does everything look/feel?

Sorry, I went MIA for a year, heh. Everything looks and feels "great." My arm scarring is TOTALLY noticeable, but I don't care. I wear tanks all summer, I lay in the sun. I really don't care. I feel great. I get looks, I get questions, it doesn't bother me one bit. The rest of my scars and really faded.

Physically, I'm a little limited. I have a lot of scarring from the infections in my abdomen. If I run for an extended time (minutes, not miles), I end up numb from bottom of my ribs to top of my thighs. I don't like it, so I don't run any more, sadly. I can't do crunches. I can live with that.

Last summer I kayaked on average 16 miles a weekend and swam about a mile a day. I'm still incredibly physical, so I'll deal with my limits.
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicole. Thanks so much for sharing this. Your experience and advice is much appreciated. I've got about 35lbs left to go and I think your advice about learning maintenance after that before considering anything else is really wise. I've never maintained before (always on an up or down roller-coaster) so I plan on learning that skill and keeping exercising and ill see what everything is like in a year or so. I need to learn not to obsess about my skin too because overall my body is a hell of a lot better than a year ago.