Update

Options
cinblog1965
cinblog1965 Posts: 133 Member
I have done 2 weeks of EM2WL now and my energy level is so much better than when I tried to do Weight Watchers or diets. Never having restricted my calories for any length of time, at least not the last few years, I started with a 15% cut.

I calculated my average calories in this week and it averaged 2041 and my average calories out according to my Fitbit was 1918. The weekends are getting me. My husband gets so sick of eating the protein dishes and just wants the junk: bacon cheese skins, mozzerella sticks, pizza . . . and of course there's beer and wine; wine being my weekend treat. I think if I can enjoy a night of this while staying on plan the other two nights, I'll get on track.

I'm armed with my problem, now it's time to fix it!

Replies

• Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    First thing.. congrats on getting through two weeks and seeing just how much more energy you have! Awesome results to begin!!

The next thing I will tell you is to not think of this living, as a PLAN... this isnt something you go on or off of, that is the diet world telling you there are plans to follow. This is about YOUR life and YOUR way of living..you can enjoy your weekend treats and have wine AND still be "on plan".. there is no hard line to cross here:)
    Work those things into your calculator.. if you know dinner is going to be heavy on the carbs, then make sure your breakfast and lunch have more protein in it to balance out.. it comes with practice and patience and slowly learning that you can have your cake and eat it too:)

Kelly
    Team EM2WL
  • cinblog1965
    cinblog1965 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Raynn1 you are right! It's a bad habit I'm trying to break. I know nothing will work until I can follow it through the weekends and learn to adapt my other meals to allow the celebrations, etc. of life!

I have done something else right also, I quit weighing myself. I can tell by the way my clothes feel I haven't lost anything or shrunk anywhere yet, but I am very focused in the gym on building muscle. I have a 4 week plan I have stuck with and have actually been able to up the weights some on it. After 4 weeks I'll change the exercises.

Now I'm wondering: I'm working the larger muscles by doing squats, lunges, lateral cable pull downs, pushups, bent over rows. When I change should I stick with these larger muscles or work the smaller muscles like the biceps for a month?
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Larger muscles are always better to work than smaller. Smaller ones usually get worked out within your large compound moves. If you are ever short on time in the gym, it is always better to do the large muscles than the smaller. Smaller can be done at the end of a workout, like a finisher to help work the muscle a bit more, but generally you wouldn't go do 45 mins of triceps and bicep work:)

So if you wanted, lets say a day you had legs.. you did deadlifts and squats and lunges or something. You could add in a set of calf raises at the end to incorporate that.
    Same with upper body.. If you were doing bench press and rows. At the end you could add in a set of triceps or biceps to "finish" it off.