Large and in Charge no more!

Options
BrieJones91
BrieJones91 Posts: 10 Member
Well where do I begin?
I'm tired of being large and in charge and am ready to check out keto!
after a few weeks of research I started day one today!
I have 100+ lbs to lose and would love friends for support during this journey!
I'm a 26 year old mommy of 3 girls and it's time I stop blaming them for my weight.

Let's be friends!

Replies

• erika_307
    erika_307 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you! Keto is great... your hunger and cravings will disappear. It's the only thing that's ever worked for me. I sent you a friend request :)
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I started keto at midnight on the 27th (I was on a nighshift). I'm doing this partly to lose weight, need to lose about 35lbs. I also have fibromyalgia and I've read research that keto might help. So far so good and I'm enjoying food so far. I am a mum of 3 and 3 fur babies (dog, rabbit, gerbil). I work fulltime as a community midwife. Anyone can add me.
  • JulieDevany
    JulieDevany Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Brie, I have almost that to lose too Definitely friend me! :)
  • yodiana
    yodiana Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started KETO August 1st. Looking for Keto MFpals, friend me! :)
  • taramoullet
    taramoullet Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • jrgriffin82
    jrgriffin82 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello, sent a friend request. Others feel free to add me as well.
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I just added everyone before me in this post, and anyone can add me as well. :#
  • chriscros63
    chriscros63 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Brie,
    I'm a homeschooling mother of 5. Just keep it simple. I have no time for fancy meals. I've lost 30lbs since May 23 with virtually no exercise. The best part is not having that ravenous hunger. I have 70 more pounds to go Friend me if you would like. My food diary is public. I enjoy being able to have, bacon, cheese, whipped cream, etc. Don't get all exotic. You will have way more energy to take care of the kids. Be persistent until you get into ketosis and then it will be easier. You will feel the difference. God bless your journey.
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    @BrieJones91 , welcome to the Ketonian life. First and foremost, if this is your first day you want to make sure to keep your electrolytes up. Potassium, magnesium, salt. Lack of these is what normally contributes to the "low carb flu", something as simple as bone broth can help you thru the first week. I need to lose about 70 lbs and have almost lost 10 of it... Feel free to friend me.