Schedule for September Challenges

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
Here's what's coming up for our September challenges!

Sept 4 - Sept 10: Theme: Healthy Practices
Challenge: Good Start and Good End

How do you start your day and how do you end it? There are lots of benefits to having a morning and evening routine. This week, let's put into practice routines that can make a real difference in the kind of day we have. Just 5 or 10 minutes is all it takes. And if you already have a great morning or evening routine, please tell us about it and why it works for you!

Sept 11 - Sept 17: Theme: Greater Happiness
Challenge: The Happiness Jar (By Request)

A lot of things happen to us during the day that make us happy. This week, we're not only going to notice these little happy occurrences, we're going to write them down and put them into a Happiness Jar. At the end of the week, we going to take a look at all the great things that happened to us over the last few days. It will be a terrific way to recap our week.

Sept 18 - Sept 24: Theme: Healthy Eating
Challenge: Mindful Eating (By Request)

Have you picked up a few pounds from eating foods you weren't even aware that you'd eaten? Mindless eating is a common problem. This week, let's focus on paying attention when we eat. Let's notice why, when, and how we eat. Let's be fully present during mealtimes and let's get more enjoyment from our food!

Sept 25 - Sept 30: Theme: Exercise and Movement
Challenge: Balancing Act

How's your balance and stability? Balance is often overlooked as a critical element of health and fitness. Better balance improves coordination, joint stability, agility, reaction time, and prevents falls and fractures. And balance exercises are also good for your brain! Join us this week as we work on improving our balance.

Replies

• prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for posting! Can't wait to start!
  • winejunky143
    winejunky143 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm excited for the happiness jar challenge! What a creative idea :)
  • themedalist
    Options
    I'm excited for the happiness jar challenge! What a creative idea :)

I agree! Shout out to @prgirl39mfp for suggesting the happiness jar challenge!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    These challenges look great!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    Oh, I love these! Thank you for continuing to do this for us all!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Definitely looking forward to these challenges this month. Thank you so much for what you are doing for us with choosing and researching these challenges.

:flowerforyou:
  • themedalist
    Options
    My pleasure! I'm happy you're looking forward to this month's challenges.

A couple of months ago I took an online writing class through Udemy. I hadn't had a formal writing class since college, more than 30 years ago. The class was outstanding and I learned a great deal. And now, every week, I get to practice my writing skills and write about something that has fascinated me for years: personal habits. Talk about happy!
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the writing class, Denise. It's always fun, and sometimes hard work, to improve ourselves. I'm familiar with Udemy but haven't taken any classes through it. I'll have to check it out again. I am going on a group trip in two weeks and decided today is the day I start getting into a better sleep routine. The plan is to get up by 7 and be in bed by 11 this week and even earlier next week. I will plan my day in the mornings using Charlene Johnson's Push Goal plan that I use inconsistently and get off my iPad by 10ish every night. I love that this challenge fits right into that.
  • themedalist
    Options
    I love Udemy. I think I've taken 6 or 8 courses so far and all high quality. A little tip if anyone is interested in checking out Udemy. The courses are usually listed between $50 and $200, but if I wishlist them or otherwise check them out so that Udemy knows I'm interested in the class, invariably I'll get an email from them a few days later that that course is now $10 or $15. The persuasive writing class I took (I do a lot of promotional writing for work) was taught by a professional copywriter/marketer who had a Phd in English from Cambridge University. 70 interesting lectures full of tips, strategies, and advice. And I paid $10. I've never gotten so much from anything and paid so little.

I'm glad your goal of getting better sleep dovetails so well with this week's challenge, @nebslp!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    @themedalist , wow, I wish I had YOU as a student in my online writing classes. Maybe I should check out the courses at Udemy as "professional development."
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I had never heard of Udemy until I just read these comments so I looked them up and realized that all of their courses are on sale for $12! I think I may buy one or two and see what they are like!