Anyone else dream of doughnuts other then me?

Options
Today is my 25th day of eating a ketogentic diet and almost nightly I've dreamt of food almost every night. Does this end?

Replies

• PinkRainCloud
    PinkRainCloud Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It ended for me, thankfully. haha!! I had some awful sugar withdrawals, and craved donuts and no bake cookies more than anything. My advice: don't cave and have one. Or even a bite. It isn't worth it, I felt toxic when I cheated and the sugar cloud almost immediately returned, along with a miserable headache. For me, my body is so much happier and nicer to me, without sugar.
  • 62apples
    62apples Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Yes, I one time ate chocolates so real I could taste them. When I woke up, it was as if I had really eaten them.
    You need to talk out-loud to your right brain. The poor right brain is at your mercy and may not understand what you are doing. Explain that you want to lose weight to be healthier. Then explain that you are not starving.

I imagined eating a white raspberry that had no flavor and was fibrous. So I spoke out loud to my right brain that I am not starving but then I ate a 10 carb serving of berries since that is what the right brain sent to me. The next day, I only ate 5 carbs of berries.

Chewing gum will help your body think it is getting food. Add in plain hot water. Sipping hot water is a health tonic. Alternative health professions will say to sip a cup of hot water when you first wake up and to wait at least 30 minutes before eating.

To answer your question, yes we do dream about food.
  • thews300
    thews300 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My older brother and I are both ketogenic.
    I've been doing it for about 8 weeks.
    About 5 days into it, I had absolutely no lust for sugar.

2 weeks ago, I was reading some convincing evidence that its a good idea to do a carb overload to help stimulate a ketone spike and metabolic refresh.

I decided to give it a try. Why not? I love carbs. I love all you can eat chinese food.
    I was supposed to eat something like 400 carbs.

I managed to pack down 200, very... very... not happy to do so. I wasn't excited about it. I wasn't thrilled by it.
    I ate the food, and tried to do it quickly but quite frankly just felt sick.

For the next 16 hours I felt like I was hit by a train. I hated it.
    I fasted from the time i left the restaraunt, till about 330pm the next day. About 24 hours.
    Fun fact, my ketones spiked hard around 1pm.
    It was crazy. I had insane amounts of energy, I cleaned the entire house in like 45 minutes.
    But frankly, it wasn't worth it.
    The food, not the house cleaning. The house looks nice. :smiley:

I didn't crave carbs and sugar before that, and even more so... I don't now.

Thank goodness.
    Know what I do crave though?
    Butter.
  • 62apples
    Options
    You crave butter because that is what you are burning. If you can get raw butter, that would be great. Otherwise, get organic, grass fed butter. Think bulletproof coffee. Avocado is great also. Net carbs are half because it has so much fiber.
  • run2lose45
    run2lose45 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I just made it wrong, but I could not make a good cup of bullet proof coffee. It would have a layer of oil film on it and was just gross
  • 62apples
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Was it a quality coffee?
    Do you like that coffee plain?
    Did you use a blender for your coffee??
    Was it unsalted butter?
    Tell us (step by step) how you made your bulletproof coffee.