Suggestions for Pork Rinds

Options
13»

Replies

• AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    WTF are 'saltines'...? The UK is sadly devoid of such amazing gems!
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

crackers - aka death by carbs
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »

crackers - aka death by carbs

Aaaah. Yes, thanks. Also, I approached the Great God Google... I think it may be a cross between Jacob's Cream Crackers and Jacob's Cheddars. "Way too yum to just have one...."

I used to make dumplings with the former, to go with my Jewish-heritage Chicken soup.
    The latter, I could devour one pack at a sitting without blinking....

Those days are gone. I'm delighted to say!
  • wsusan162
    wsusan162 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I crush up the pork rinds in the food processor and use them in place of breadcrumbs in meatloaf.
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I have a pork rind problem. I can't make a 3 ounce bag last more than a day and I wind up overeating them and still filling in the rest of my day on other stuff, even though I'm sated. I'm pretty sure I'd need a 12-step program. I just avoid them these days, mostly.
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    We have Sniks here in NZ and I have just found them. They are delicious! I love potato chips so they are a great replacement and I find them sooooo filling. Mmmmmmm.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    wsusan162 wrote: »
    I crush up the pork rinds in the food processor and use them in place of breadcrumbs in meatloaf.

I finally crushed up the last half of a small bag of pork rinds that I had hanging around for ages and added it to my Mediterranean burgers just to get rid of them. They were so old they may have been rancid lol. Anyway I couldn't stand them on their own and didn't want to wreck a yummy dip with them. They hid well in the spiced up patties so at least I did get some use out of them. I don't think I'll bother buying them again. If I want something dry, salty, and crispy I'll buy more toasted nori or bull kelp to eat straight.