Holiday and Gains

Options
123sind
123sind Posts: 80 Member
Just come back from holiday and managed to gain 8 pound, i did go on holiday knowing i was coming home with a gain. Now i am back on the wagon again. Anyone else been away knowing they will gain and how much?

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I think I gained about 6 lbs...mostly from drinking every night...I do pretty good on vacation if I dodge the alcohol, but that's not as much fun!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    it won't all be fat, some of it will just be water...
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    A few years ago, I went off plan for the entire week of US Thanksgiving, gained 10 pounds, by the end of the following week, I was back down 9. Just hop right back on your plan and you'll be good.
  • bibbob300
    bibbob300 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I went to all inclusive for one week, lots of sugary cocktails, I ate whatever I wanted, one stone gain ! It was all off again 10 days later.
  • 123sind
    123sind Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am back on the wagon, already lost weight think most of it is water.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    It is utterly shocking how much water we retain simply to be able to break down and process carbs!!!
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm headed on a Hawaiian cruise for a week....not sure what I predict for a gain, hopefully no more than 5 lbs. I plan on working out in the gym every day and of course lots of walking. The food options should have lots of low carb stuff....but the wine and cocktails may catch up to me! But I'm going to go and enjoy my vacation!!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Yup, just came back from a 10-day rest in Naples, Italy and it was one heck of a carb-fest. I learnt pretty rapidly that any type of LCHF was straight out the window, but to my amazement, my H only gained around 6lbs, and I didn't gain as much as I thought I would... around 3lbs, in fact.... It's already coming off. And it's gonna stay off, too.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I'm headed on a Hawaiian cruise for a week....not sure what I predict for a gain, hopefully no more than 5 lbs. I plan on working out in the gym every day and of course lots of walking. The food options should have lots of low carb stuff....but the wine and cocktails may catch up to me! But I'm going to go and enjoy my vacation!!

Watch the pineapple consumption on a trip like that one. Otherwise lots of good fish and veggies. Enjoy.
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Local and touristy Hawaiian eateries will put tons of sugar, and HFCS in teriyaki and barbecued meats, too. And cornstarch in sauces used to cover them. You can probably enjoy tons of local seafood and meats without any stuff on them, I would assume. And Spam! Try Spam musubi without the rice. It's delish :) Spam & eggs!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I second ""Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, ......"
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    (Wot, no Lupins?)