Fitness and Exercise

Options
BPRKEY
BPRKEY Posts: 105 Member
Do you have favorite types of exercise? Try a new class recently? Hit a new fitness goal? Post here!

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Hiking is my absolute favorite form of activity. I don't camp or backpack. Just day hikes, whether a short 2 miles on pavement or 10 difficult miles through a national park...I'm there. It makes me feel strong and connected to nature, and to my husband who is my hiking partner. I get a big spike of energy after a good hike, sometimes it lasts for days!
  • BPRKEY
    Options
    I love hiking too. We have no shortage of good day hikes in NorCal.
  • SapioEnigmate
    SapioEnigmate Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm wanting to get more into hiking now that I'm in WA. The hiking in Indiana was just sad. :)
  • BPRKEY
    Options
    I won't hike in the mountains in NorCal from Sept-December. Fall is tarantula mating season and I'm told you can't walk two feet without coming across them on the trails. Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Tarantulas! ha. I don't blame you. We have them in the Ozarks too but not as common. I guess in Lawton, Oklahoma they have a huge tarantula migration in September. My mother-in-law said it used to be so bad, people couldn't even drive down certain roads (!!)

SapioEnigmate, I understand. Parts of my area are gorgeous for hiking (good trails in Missouri and Arkansas) but what they call "trails" in Oklahoma and Kansas are mostly just sad...Nebraska and Iowa, not much better.
  • BPRKEY
    Options
    OH HELL NO. lol
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Hiking in Central Ohio is sad, unless you drive about 2hrs south to Hocking Hills, which is gorgeous and we do it about 1x a year, but it gets old...LOL

My favorite vacation spot in the US is Denver - when I'm there I try and get in a few (can't go far in that altitude though).

I'd have to say walking is my favorite. But walking with point in mind. Not just walking for 30 minutes because someone said it was good for me. I want to walk SOMEWHERE. My BF and I have access to a trail close to our apartment that leads to our little downtown area of our suburb. The walk is 2 miles. At the end is a brewery. I walk for beer basically! LOL
  • bellaesprita000
    bellaesprita000 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I love BodyPump. I do that 2x a week. I've also taken Zumba and Boxing classes which help me get the cardio I need.
  • jmek926
    jmek926 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    WALKING FOR BEER!! I need to try that! haha!

@bellaesprita what is BodyPump? Does anyone do the ShaunT T25? I've done them before but they kicked my butt soooo much. But I'm thinking of trying them again starting on Friday maybe. I'm feeling the need to kick something off on Sept since it's MAH BIRTHDAY MONTH. Sorry, y'all may get tired of me talking about that, but it's a big one. :)
  • BPRKEY
    Options
    Before my back injury I was doing Barry's Bootcamp 2-3X/week as my cross training for running. I loved it. I actually get pretty good cardio from barre. But I would love to be able to run again.
  • bellaesprita000
    bellaesprita000 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    @jmek926 it is a strength training class. i regularly take both the 30 min and 60 min sessions. you do a mix of upper and lower body workouts. it has completely transformed my body. gave me more strength, stamina, and endurance on the gym floor.

check out the website to find the class near you: https://www.lesmills.com/us/workouts/fitness-classes/bodypump/

if you have dumbbells/kettle balls at home you can find complete workouts on youtube.
  • mengqiz86
    mengqiz86 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Running, spinning and tennis is all i do. 7 days a week is not enough!!
  • BPRKEY
    Options
    I should do some of this at home. There isn't a class too close by (and I pay for an unlimited Pure Barre membership so I can't add anything else $$$!). But I could totally do some of this at home. Thanks for the tip @bellaesprita!
    @jmek926 it is a strength training class. i regularly take both the 30 min and 60 min sessions. you do a mix of upper and lower body workouts. it has completely transformed my body. gave me more strength, stamina, and endurance on the gym floor.

check out the website to find the class near you: https://www.lesmills.com/us/workouts/fitness-classes/bodypump/

if you have dumbbells/kettle balls at home you can find complete workouts on youtube.

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,106 Member
    Options
    HASFIT.com has been and continues to be a fantastic source of workouts for me.

Free website/youtube channel with a monthly calendar you can click into, so you're not doing the same thing every week.

Also love the Zombies, Run! app which is similar to C25K but has a zombie apocalypse adventure built into it so you're immersed in a storyline, kind of distracts from clock watching.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @tinkerbelllang83 how far are you into ZR? And did you get a crush on Sam? ;)
  • Loug1983
    Loug1983 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have just started ballet lessons which are fun, I work in an office on my own and don't see friends much so I wanted something to get me out of the house and integrating with people!

In addition I do a variety of YouTube workouts, rebounder workouts, Pilates and yesterday I did walk at home which was a lot more intense than I was expecting, feeling it this morning!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,106 Member
    Options
    @tinkerbelllang83 how far are you into ZR? And did you get a crush on Sam? ;)

@clicketykeys Only up to mission 3 at the moment, focusing more on my Strength Training at the moment and the weather has been rubbish so keep switching out my runs for indoor cardio lol
  • jlc102980
    jlc102980 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I do a mishmash of stuff (I like to keep my body guessing)...kickboxing 1-2 nights per week (it's a hybrid class, real bags, but cardio mixed in). I run and/or walk several days a week (outside, I hate treadmills). I do yoga at home (sometimes it's Pilates). Sometimes I sub out a kickboxing class for what my instructor calls "kettlebell hiit" which is basically just intervals of cardio and strength training. I also do two focused strength training sessions per week. And whenever I feel like I need something extra, I toss in a video - usually 30 day shred or T20. I'm dying to try pure barre, some kind of aerial class, and crossfit but all are currently cost-prohibitive.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Insanity Max:30. I'm addicted.