Thursday 8/31

Options
BPRKEY
BPRKEY Posts: 105 Member
Changing my strategy. It seems I'm not online as much in the evenings so getting the daily check-in isn't working :-). Happy Thursday (and roll over from Wednesday)!

We're coming up on a holiday weekend. Anyone have plans?? It's actually going to be quite warm here in San Francisco. That's unusual. Year round we average in the low 60s. But it's supposedly going to be upwards of 80! That means spending time out side. Our neighborhood vacates on holidays so we always stay lol. It's SO NICE.

We are in the process of planning our vacation for the week of Thanksgiving. Last year we went to Mexico. We are having a hard time deciding. Needs to be a decent flight away (don't want to spend 24 hours of traveling on a week-long trip. Must be beachy. I really want clear water. We're looking at a couple of small places in the Caribbean but can't seem to commit. Any suggestions???

Replies

• kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into flight prices during Thanksgiving week? I only ask because we go to Cancun EVERY Thanksgiving (it's my parents, me and my BF and it's like our holiday family thing that negates all holiday guilt), but when we booked this year, the flight prices were 2x as much as last year. We actually booked the week before (taking more time off work) to avoid the huge price hike. I'm sure from SF it's different, but you may be shocked.

Anywho. I've been to Aruba, Punta Cana, Jamacia and Cancun (so basically the big, usual places on the east side). Aruba is still my favorite, I liked Jamacia the least. We do Cancun because we found a great resort that we ALL like - beach is amazing there and the food/drinks are off the hook. Service is too. It's not cheap, but we like it. Rui Palace Riveria Maya. But there's tons of great places in that strip near Playa Del Carmen.

For my 40th, I've planned to do a Royal Carribean cruise for 10 days that basically hits all the Virgins Islands.

Anyway, from where you are located, I'd look into Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta (which of course are in Mexico and you stated you did that last year :).

Is Hawaii out of the picture - I know it's a long flight, but it might be good and way closer to you and it is to me! LOL
  • BPRKEY
    BPRKEY Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    We've done Mexico recently so we won't go to Cabo or PV this time. Hawaii was on the list. Costa Rica is the likely plan. They had me at Sloth Institute.

Have you looked into flight prices during Thanksgiving week? I only ask because we go to Cancun EVERY Thanksgiving (it's my parents, me and my BF and it's like our holiday family thing that negates all holiday guilt), but when we booked this year, the flight prices were 2x as much as last year. We actually booked the week before (taking more time off work) to avoid the huge price hike. I'm sure from SF it's different, but you may be shocked.

Anywho. I've been to Aruba, Punta Cana, Jamacia and Cancun (so basically the big, usual places on the east side). Aruba is still my favorite, I liked Jamacia the least. We do Cancun because we found a great resort that we ALL like - beach is amazing there and the food/drinks are off the hook. Service is too. It's not cheap, but we like it. Rui Palace Riveria Maya. But there's tons of great places in that strip near Playa Del Carmen.

For my 40th, I've planned to do a Royal Carribean cruise for 10 days that basically hits all the Virgins Islands.

Anyway, from where you are located, I'd look into Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta (which of course are in Mexico and you stated you did that last year :).

Is Hawaii out of the picture - I know it's a long flight, but it might be good and way closer to you and it is to me! LOL