Insight? TTC here and totally feeling lost!

Options
RhiannonBecks
RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
edited September 2017 in Social Groups
Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if I am being emotional/irrational right now bc we want to conceive. I have been tracking using Ovia for the past 3-4 months, I just counted today that in general my periods have been pretty spot on between 23-27 days apart.

I have had my IUD out since early may which caused a funky month, but really since June it has been almost to the T.

I was supposed to start my cycle this past Saturday, I did have some brown spotting (only when wiping, not really any in my undies) and then Sunday had minimal at best spotting again. Since Sunday no spotting, no actual flow started.

Monday I thought, well, no period, no protection used, and 2 days after no period, maybe take a test? I did, negative. Which, bummer yes, but now I am in my head and feeling all sorts of confused. Do I take another test? Was it too soon to test? So today is 4 days no cycle.

Do I just wait and count those 2-ish days of spotting as my cycle? and wait for next month around this time.

Tracking has been helpful, but as I enter data, and note no period, it totally rearranges expected fertile dates, TOM, etc, and I think its getting in my head.

Talk to me, Have a I lost my mind? LOL.

Signed,

Overwhelmed & this is all so new to me.

Replies

• phreekles
    phreekles Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I really hated those early days of TTC! I would often get too excited and test too early and got disappointed when it was negative. I also spent way too much on pregnancy tests! I got so fed up that the month I did conceive I made myself wait at least two weeks after the day my period was due before testing. I also didn't feel any early pregnancy symptoms that month (until a good few weeks pregnant). So don't let it get to your head, stress you out, and cost you a fortune in pregnancy tests! Good luck :smile:
  • RhiannonBecks
    edited September 2017
    Options
    phreekles wrote: »
    I really hated those early days of TTC! I would often get too excited and test too early and got disappointed when it was negative. I also spent way too much on pregnancy tests! I got so fed up that the month I did conceive I made myself wait at least two weeks after the day my period was due before testing. I also didn't feel any early pregnancy symptoms that month (until a good few weeks pregnant). So don't let it get to your head, stress you out, and cost you a fortune in pregnancy tests! Good luck :smile:

Thank you, funny you say you spent a ton of money on tests, I just got back from target after buying 2 boxes of 3 tests , determined to test in a few days; and started my period.
    I'm torn, feel relieved I don't have to wonder but now know for sure it is negative.
    I'll blame my emotions on PMS I guess.
    Thanks again for the response.
  • phreekles
    phreekles Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that RhiannonBecks I know how you feel but keep going it will happen one day! X
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    it can be frustrating. I tracked with an app for a few months, and after one really late period (following a few regular ones) that ended up just being a fluke I decided it wasn't worth the obsession. I told hubs he could track if he wanted, but not to talk to me about it. We conceived pretty quick after I stopped tracking. Sometimes I think the stress/mental crap that comes along with tracking while TTC is actually counter productive and maybe women who don't have known issues should just not even go there.
  • RhiannonBecks
    Options
    it can be frustrating. I tracked with an app for a few months, and after one really late period (following a few regular ones) that ended up just being a fluke I decided it wasn't worth the obsession. I told hubs he could track if he wanted, but not to talk to me about it. We conceived pretty quick after I stopped tracking. Sometimes I think the stress/mental crap that comes along with tracking while TTC is actually counter productive and maybe women who don't have known issues should just not even go there.

I was thinking about this very thing last night. I started tracking originally a few months ago, honestly, bc pure curiosity. I have been on some form of birth control for so long now and never really tracked my periods, only bc I knew pregnancy/ovulation/fertile days etc weren't really a concern of mine. Now that I know, I think having the knowledge is insightful, but from what I know, I don't have any issues, and exactly what you said, I think maybe its counterproductive. I don't want to put pressure on either of us, and take the experience and the F U N out of trying. So I think I may just call it good w/ovia for now. Let Nature take its course.

I really do appreciate the support and feedback. Sometimes even writing it out can help soothe your soul, at least I think.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I don't want to put pressure on either of us, and take the experience and the F U N out of trying.

Yes, I was starting to struggle with this too. We had a better sex life before tracking, I guess just something about feeling like you have to have have sex and scheduling it all out was messing with me. It was taking away the normal chemistry in it and sort of making it forced.
    I really do appreciate the support and feedback. Sometimes even writing it out can help soothe your soul, at least I think.

Of coarse, I have really enjoyed participating in this group, it is full of really positive women! Sometimes its easier to talk about things like this with people far removed from your personal situation, too.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hey! I just wanted to mention that I started a TTC group a while back. You might like it. I'll grab the link... it's called Planning for Pregnancy. There are a number of women current ttc in the group.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/111647-planning-for-pregnancy

If you're interested. No pressure.
  • marianlyn
    marianlyn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'll toss in here to consider tracking your temperature first thing in the morning. It helped me realize that while my cycles were regular, it turns out that I ovulate much later than my apps were predicting. My husband travels for work, so just waiting for it to happen on its own was too frustrating the first two times around. There are tons of resources online to help you figure it out, and there's lots of apps that will take the raw data and tell you when you ovulated.
  • AllegraAlyce
    AllegraAlyce Posts: 23 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hey! So I had the Implanon for a total of 6 years, 3 years each, and it really made my cycles funky as all get out after I had it removed. I mean they would vary from 21 to 24 days in length for over a year, which on the short end doesn't give the egg enough time to implant and start pumping out chemicals.

In April I started eating Yucca root (I would make chips and fries with it in olive oil, probably not the healthiest option but the stuff is pretty bland and the texture is difficult.) I also started taking Maca root supplement. I never finished the bottle, and I never got my next period.

Two days after the 24 day mark of my cycle, when I'd usually have my period, I took an early response test and could *barely see a line. I tested a 3 days, and then a week later and had a much darker line.

I'm due in early December, very active little boy in there. :smile:

I don't know if any of this is helpful for you, but just sharing my experience in case it is helps in anyway.

Best wishes!
  • mholderr
    mholderr Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It’s always a good idea to just relax and let things happen... but I can never do it! When I am ready to be pregnant I turn into a totally desperate crazy person, lol! I highly recommend the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility for anyone TTC. It is a hard, hard time when you are waiting. I hope you don’t have to wait too long! Your cycles are in the short side as mentioned above- it would be interesting to see when exactly you are ovulating. If you don’t have 14 days between ovulation and when you next get your period I would consider asking your midwife (I think you said you have a midwife) about progesterone supplements.
  • RhiannonBecks
    Options
    @mholderr thank you for the suggestion about progesterone supplements. I am anxiously trying to wait out until the end of the year and if nothing happens by then, contact my OB office & schedule an appointment with my midwife. The new year will be just over 6 months and being AMA I think at that point I can (hopefully) move fwd with testing, etc to maybe help.

I appreciate all of the support ladies, it really does mean a lot; even just to have someone say hey, no advise, but I'm in the same boat can make this experience seem a little less lonely!