Cheese wraps

Options
eneild
eneild Posts: 198 Member
Found these in my local HyVee supermarket. Grabbed the Jarlsberg to try with my burger this weekend.
5c95h8wzkjmz.jpg

Replies

• gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I sure hope these make their way up to Canada soon!!!!!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Their website indicates they are still pretty limited in distribution but I found this on line and the author indicates they are pliable after cooling. Worth a try:

https://www.isavea2z.com/no-carb-cheese-wrap-folios-copycat-recipe/
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Omg hope we get these in the UK soon!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    The copycat recipe looks fantastic, and the melting/cooling/crisping part looks like it will work fantastically according to science.
  • eneild
    Options
    Thanks for the link @kpk54! The lasagne recipe looks amazing!
  • aluhsin
    aluhsin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ohhh those look good! What are the nutrition facts like?
  • eneild
    Options
    The nutritional breakdown from the Jarlsberg wraps.
    qri58zd70uaq.jpg
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Oh yes indeed, thanks for sharing!
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhh I need these! Pretty sure they are not in New Zealand.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    OMG! I need these in my life!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Their website indicates they are still pretty limited in distribution but I found this on line and the author indicates they are pliable after cooling. Worth a try:

https://www.isavea2z.com/no-carb-cheese-wrap-folios-copycat-recipe/

I began reading the thread, and thought to myself, "Good grief, these are just pancakes of melted cheese turned into individual wraps - do we honestly need more made-up stuff for us to spend money on...?!" and then I noted your link, @kpk54 , which basically all at once both confirmed and solved my problem.....

Guys - we can make our own, here! No need for them to arrive in our local stores, in Canada, UK or anywhere else! (ETA) Heck, we can even sprinkle OUR cheese slices with chia seeds, almond flour, coconut flour, ground flax seed or any flavouring we think appropriate!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I guess..... I just hate being taken for a ride by companies, and being charged an excessive amount for something we can reproduce at home.... Happens a lot. Companies note a trend and jump on the bandwagon.... Anyone know how much these packs actually cost, by comparison to ordinary cheese?
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I have a Rosaurs in town, it's not the one they call out in Spokane, but I wonder if I can find them in the store here. I love this.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Yum! What looks like a pan of broiled cheese and meat! Oops, drooled on my tablet hahahaha!