How many Calories should I be taking in?

Options
How did everyone figure out how many calories they should be taking in? I run 4 days a week and lift 2 times a week. I just got back to counting calories and would like to lose 15-20 lbs.

Replies

• antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Go to goals on your app for my fitness pal. Set your weight, height and activity level (based on what you do most of the day) that will give you a general ballpark. And depending on how much you run you may need to log calories burned and eat back some.
  • KristyIB
    KristyIB Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks. I already did that. Wasn't sure if runners were setting their calories higher because of all the running.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    If you log your running every day, you will see the number of calories burned added to your daily total. In my case my net goal is 1600 calories. Most days I run 6 or so miles and walk 2-3, so my total calorie intake is about 2300 calories. On long run days it's a lot higher.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    KristyIB wrote: »
    Ok thanks. I already did that. Wasn't sure if runners were setting their calories higher because of all the running.

How are you measuring your running burn?
  • KristyIB
    KristyIB Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    KristyIB wrote: »

How are you measuring your running burn?

100 calories a mile about. I mostly run trails so I might be burning a little more.