Received my Ketogenic Bible

Options
Anybody else get the Ketogenic Bible? If so, how are you liking it?

Replies

• pitbull603
    pitbull603 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Whats the keto bible?
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Do you mean The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living?
  • dianaward0216
    dianaward0216 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    pitbull603 wrote: »
    Whats the keto bible?

http://www.simonandschuster.com/books/The-Ketogenic-Bible/Jacob-Wilson/9781628601046

Here's the link. It's a book written by Dr. Jacob Wilson and Ryan Lowery, both huge advocates of the ketogenic lifestyle.
  • dianaward0216
    dianaward0216 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Do you mean The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living?

No.... It's a book written specifically for the Ketogenic lifestyle. Written by Dr. Jacob Wilson and Ryan Lowery.

http://www.simonandschuster.com/books/The-Ketogenic-Bible/Jacob-Wilson/9781628601046
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Oh. Haven't heard of it. I have heard of the other being referred to as a keto bible though.
  • tamikappes
    tamikappes Posts: 9 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Mine is on order! Can't wait!! They really know their stuff. You can check out Dr Jacob Wilson at TheMusclePhD on Facebook
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    A good friend of mine is a pet nutrtion blogger (Rodney Habib) who has been working with a place called Ketopets on a documentary regarding fighting cancer in pets using the keto diet. He was sent an early release copy of the book & let me have a peek at it. From what I saw its great, an easy read, not super sciency and lots of great info. Also one of my facebook groups was talking about it yesterday & a few people in there highly recommended it as well.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic, @kristafb - please be sure to offer a review and link once it is available. I'm all for personal references. We might even start a thread for shared recommended resources or something, if folks want to do that.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    https://www.amazon.com/Ketogenic-Bible-Authoritative-Guide-Ketosis/dp/1628601043

Also available on kindle and has 44 reviews if folks are interested.

I'll be reading it. Our county library system has 27 copies/5 available (none at my branch so getting it on loan from another branch).
  • kpk54
    Options
    The book arrived at the library so I picked it up today. Thanks for recommending. My personal review is that it is an excellent book for those learning the basics of keto. It is an easy read so good for those who want the basics of just about everything without all the science. The book is almost 400 pages but half of it is recipes. In the other 200 pages they cover everything from electrolytes to exogenous ketones.

Quite often they offer a specific regarding something and then reinforce the idea that we're all individuals and encourage flexibility for improved compliance. It also has a couple pages at the back listing other familiar keto/lchf books, websites, podcast guys and LC friendly docs (by state).
  • jrgriffin82
    jrgriffin82 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have the kindle version. It's taking me a while to get through it. I'm wishing I had highlighted a few things that I'd like to go back and go over again
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Mine is on order. I have more than 20 LC\keto books. You might want to check out.... 1.Keto Clarity, by Jimmy Moore with Eric C. Westman, MD 2&3. Grain Brain and The Grain Brain Cookbook, by David Perlmutter, MD 4. The ketogenic cookbook, by Jimmy Moore and Maria Emmerich. I have actually met all of these authors on A LOW CARB cruise.
  • kpk54
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Perlmutter is one of my favorite researchers. He and Stephan Guyenet, the author of The Hungry Brain: Outsmarting the Instincts that Make Us Overeat.

Guyenet isn't a keto guy. In fact one of his diet staples is the potatoes he grows in his garden. He's a neuroscientist who studies obesity and paints a clear picture that people don't want to be obese yet engage in eating behaviors that are conducive to obesity and it isn't necessarily a matter of willpower but rather "genetic wiring" that has existed for thousands upon thousands of years in a current world of external stimuli and foods made highly palatable to intentionally trigger the reward centers of the brain. We can't fault the food manufacturers or restaurateurs for doing this. That is their job. Their goal is consumer consumption, obtaining market share and returning dividends to the shareholders.

We can manipulate our environments to a degree and learn another way to respond to stimuli that seem out of our control. Stay out of the cookie aisle for starters. Oreos are nothin' but a highly palatable perfected blend of fat, sugar and salt in eye catching packaging, with catchy advertising that appeals to the emotions...I digress.

• rushmama5
    rushmama5 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have gone on and off keto a few times.my last time i was baking bread with einkorn flour and lying to myself that it was o.k. the pounds came on fast.Maybe not gluten sensitivity but certainly return of high insulin levels. So i had a short but powerful flu punish and so glad to be back on track! I forgot how wonderful it feels. Never liked oreos,homemade yeast bread was my weakness.
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My book showed up last night, but I haven't had a chance to dive in. I work 11-12 hour days so hopefully this weekend.