ohmygod that was hard - Day 1 workout

Options
I had no idea I was so out of shape (or, how much harder it is to work out nearing 50), the Day 1 workout just wiped the floor with me. My legs were jello after the first 3 minutes. Anyone else find it really hard? Does it get easier?

Replies

• danibthomas
    danibthomas Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I've been there before, so I know what you mean! I will say, each day does get better and what helps for me is to remember that I don't have to push it to the max, and it's ok to go with the modification, or take a couple of seconds during a workout to breathe and drink water.
  • sarenich
    sarenich Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way. This is day 2 for me. I am so sore.
  • astrdomitter
    astrdomitter Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I've restarted today. Yesterday i did upper fix so I'm sore today. But it feels good
  • HellomynameisMOM
    HellomynameisMOM Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Following up, I made it through the 21 days, never skipped! It does get easier. I could not walk or move the first 3 days, I was so sore! I had started with 8 pound weights because that's what I had. I bought some lighter weights (3 and 5 pound) for the second and third week and it was still challenging but took some of the 'impossible' out of it. I lost about 4 pounds during the 21 days, so keep it up, you can do it and it works!
  • astrdomitter
    Options
    I did lower fix on Saturday. My legs are still sore
  • HellomynameisMOM
    Options
    I am going to do a second round starting 9/1 if anyone wants to join in!
  • astrdomitter
    Options
    Did pilates last night. Felt pretty good to stretch everything out
  • HellomynameisMOM
    Options
    I did the pilates today. I still snort when she calls it an 'active recovery day' because it kicks my butt, but it is getting easier.
  • astrdomitter
    Options
    I did the total cardio yesterday and my rear end and calves are hurting today