Fall 2017 - Weigh-in #1 - Monday, September 11th

Options
SmithsonianEmpress
SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
edited September 2017 in Social Groups
Hello Ladies!

We've made it to our FIRST official weigh-in for the fall :)

Please share any of the following information with us. If you wish to add to or subtract from this list do so.

Starting weight:
Weigh-in #1:
Total Loss:

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week?

Did you stick to your goals last week?

Do you plan to make any changes this week to what you previously were doing?

Best meal:
Worst meal:
Best snack:
Worst snack:

Remember this is just Week 1 so STAY ENCOURAGED!!!

~Jessica

Replies

• bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Starting weight: 114.4 at end of August
    Weigh-in #1: 114.0
    Total Loss: -0.4

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week? Did you stick to your goals last week?
    Honestly, my first week was kinda a fluke and I didn't stick to my goals too well. I actually didn't go over my calories too much, but I didn't eat very healthy and I haven't made it to the gym.

I just started my new brand of BC pill this week (which will hopefully be better than the last one, which if you remember, was making me very nauseous 24/7) so I am still trying to get used to it.

Not to what I was previously doing on a normal week, but definitely changes from last week! I am going to continue to eat cleaner and not let my friends talk me into unhealthy foods. Also, hopefully I will be feeling well enough this week to go to the gym or at the very least do some home exercises.

Best meal: my normal everyday breakfast of my protein shake followed by a yogurt

Worse meal: too many to choose from this week ... I had chicken tenders at the zoo over the weekend (can't remember the last time I had those! Zoos really need healthier options!) I also had a Belgian waffle at brunch with friends. The only good news is I only ate half the waffle, but it still made me feel sick from all the sugar.

Best snack: an apple

Worst snack: actually my snacks weren't too bad. I think the "worst" thing I had was chips and salsa, but I don't think I even had a full serving size of it.

I already know this is going to be a nightmare of a week at work (95% my boss is being fired today) so here's to a strong will and hopefully NO emotional eating or drinking!
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 187
    Weigh-in #1: 184.8
    Total Loss: 2.2

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week? I got strength training in 3x (TRX, trainer, on my own). I also worked out and got my cardio in. The biggest I think though is I just ate out 2x and one was make your own tacos so it was fairly healthy food. I cooked 2x last week so that helped with taking food for lunch, etc. I felt better.

Did you stick to your goals last week? Yep, I felt like I did better. I was going to sleep early (what I should be doing) because of the time change so it helped. Plus, I slept in Friday and Saturday which I think helped my energy.

Do you plan to make any changes this week to what you previously were doing? Work on my morning routine and get back to the early sleep routine. The cooking has been great.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Good Monday morning ladies!

I generally weigh myself on the 1st of every month.

Starting Weight:
    I weighed in at 135.7 lbs on September 1st.

Consistency in my eating is always a challenge for me. I'm going to consciously make an effort to do better this week. (Saturday I had tailgating food which was a bust.) Also, as soon as I finish this delicious cup of coffee I'm going to start my massive water intake. I'll see y'all back here in a few weeks...hopefully with a good report.

Yes for working out. I got 5 workouts in last week--lifted 2x, ran 2x, HIIT. No for food. I ate baked goods and candy and I wanted to do a 30 day fast for the month of September so I'm basically starting over today. *its a struggle for me*

Last week I completed 6 weeks of my progressive lifting program. I am currently using dumbbells only. This week I am going to increase the weights and see what happens. I'm going to focus on drinking more water and sticking to 1800 calories a day.

Best meal: Tilapia and green beans

Worst meal: This is what I had for dinner on Saturday. Haha! Don't laugh too hard:
    Shrimp étouffée
    Chicken and sausage gumbo
    Boudin
    Chilli cheese dog
    Chips
    Cubed cheese
    Fruit
    Peanut butter cookies
    Wild berry skittles
    Fav red Starbursts
    Salad
    Sprite

Best snack: Kind bar

Worst snack: Trail mix...I tend to overindulge
  • mebelfanti
    mebelfanti Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 235
    Weigh-in #1: 233.4
    Total Loss: 1.6

Successful with eating and making good food choices but unsuccesful with getting to the gym. I haven't been feeling well for the past week so I'm going easy on myself. Plus I still have no motivation to get to the gym, ughhh.

Did you stick to your goals last week? For food - yes. I've gotten much better at not giving in to cravings and limiting my snacking.

Do you plan to make any changes this week to what you previously were doing? Hopefully I'll get my butt out of bed and into the gym a few mornings this week. I prefer not to exercise in the evenings as it usually keeps me up at night, but I might have to make that work. Getting up in the mornings was so much easier with a trainer, blurg.

• Megan91384
    Megan91384 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 201.6
    Weigh-in #1: 200.8
    Total Loss: -.8

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week? Too much fast food when plans changed last minute. My weight went between 196-201. I felt bloated and ugh. Even eating at my calorie limit I didn't make the best food choices. Also, didn't have a concrete workout plan ahead of time.

Did you stick to your goals last week? Yes and no. Ate around calorie limit but didn't pick the best foods.

Do you plan to make any changes this week to what you previously were doing? Yes. I found a beginner's strength/lift program 3x a week and cardio 3x a week. Also, sticking to meal plan. With my normal activity level with no exercise and at a deficit, I should be losing .8-1 per week, so my plan is to get in some exercise beyond my normal walks, chores, etc. to jump start the weight loss.

Best meal: Chicken kabobs with lots of veges
    Worst meal: pizza and beer
    Best snack: Protein shake, luna bar,
    Worst snack: sugar cookie, but considering I had 3 birthday parties to go to the last week I consider it a success. :)

Looking forward to week 2!
  • Somze
    Somze Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 138 pounds
    Weigh-in #1: still 138 pounds
    Total Loss: 0 pounds lost this week

I was unsuccessful because I think I am getting complacent. I already look good in a swimsuit, so my motivation is lower than before. We went to a pool party last weekend and I could see that I look better than any other 40-year old there.

I have a target weight and a general goal. I did not do enough to move toward my target weight. But I did do better on my general goal of exercising 30 minutes every day, excluding walking. I skipped a couple days but am heading in the right direction.

Yes, I plan to enter my meals right after I eat them so I am not surprised by how much I am over on my calorie goal when I enter my meals in the evening or the next day.

Best meal: Home-made chicken and corn meal lunch
    Worst meal: 7 shots of tequila at a party
    Best snack: Barney almond butter
    Worst snack: Cake

• LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 150.1
    Weigh-in #1: 148.2
    Total Loss: 1.9 lbs
    Goal weight: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: to lose 1.5 per week, total of 18 lbs.

I lost a little more than my target weight loss this week. I know my weight loss will slow down as I get closer to my goal, so I will take the extra while I can.

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week? I am determined to lose the last 18 lbs during this challenge, so I am staying very very strict, and working out as much as possible.

Did you stick to your goals last week? Yes, I went out to lunch with my daughter one day, and dinner with some old colleagues. I made sure i saved calories and ate within my budgeted amount for each day. At home is easy, it is eating out that is difficult.

Do you plan to make any changes this week to what you previously were doing? I bought a Fitbit Alta HR. I need to figure out how to use it to best serve my needs. I feel like the losing part is easy, 1200 calories, that's it. But I am nervous when I get to maintenance, how much can I eat, how much do I add for exercising, etc. I don't want to gain any back, but I really am looking forward to being able to eat some meals that are just too high calorie right now, and to be able to enjoy snacking once in a while.

Best meal: I love a lettuce wrap recipe I have. It is so delicious. It is low calorie, though high in sodium. I know my scale will go up for a couple days after I eat it, but then down even lower!
    Worst meal: Probably steak, but only because I can only eat about 4 ounces to stay in my calories and that isn't real satisfying
    Best snack: The only snacks I am eating are the Medifast meals at 110 calories each
    Worst snack: Not doing any other snacking, but I can dream... chips, salsa, guacamole, pistachios, crackes and cheese... yummmmmmm!

• Avetotustuus
    Avetotustuus Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 143
    Weigh-In #1: 142
    Total Loss: 1 lb
    Goal Weight: 135

I managed to maintain a consistent workout routine and eating schedule which is my primary focus with the beginning of each new semester. Fortunately, I'm a creature of habit so I eat the same foods pretty consistently. Maintaining my exercise habits always takes the most effort but I managed to do 5 days last week so I only skipped one day!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Starting weight: 114.4 at end of August
    Weigh-in #1: 114.0
    Total Loss: -0.4

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week? Did you stick to your goals last week?
    Honestly, my first week was kinda a fluke and I didn't stick to my goals too well. I actually didn't go over my calories too much, but I didn't eat very healthy and I haven't made it to the gym.

I just started my new brand of BC pill this week (which will hopefully be better than the last one, which if you remember, was making me very nauseous 24/7) so I am still trying to get used to it.

Not to what I was previously doing on a normal week, but definitely changes from last week! I am going to continue to eat cleaner and not let my friends talk me into unhealthy foods. Also, hopefully I will be feeling well enough this week to go to the gym or at the very least do some home exercises.

Best meal: my normal everyday breakfast of my protein shake followed by a yogurt

Worse meal: too many to choose from this week ... I had chicken tenders at the zoo over the weekend (can't remember the last time I had those! Zoos really need healthier options!) I also had a Belgian waffle at brunch with friends. The only good news is I only ate half the waffle, but it still made me feel sick from all the sugar.

Best snack: an apple

Worst snack: actually my snacks weren't too bad. I think the "worst" thing I had was chips and salsa, but I don't think I even had a full serving size of it.

I already know this is going to be a nightmare of a week at work (95% my boss is being fired today) so here's to a strong will and hopefully NO emotional eating or drinking!

CONGRATS on your loss. That's horrible about your boss. (Did it happen?). I'm going to start making fruits and veggies my snacks instead of nonsense. Yea, don't let friends persuade you to do things against your goals. I LOVE Belgium waffles and I think half is fine.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Starting Weight: 143
    Weigh-In #1: 142
    Total Loss: 1 lb
    Goal Weight: 135

I managed to maintain a consistent workout routine and eating schedule which is my primary focus with the beginning of each new semester. Fortunately, I'm a creature of habit so I eat the same foods pretty consistently. Maintaining my exercise habits always takes the most effort but I managed to do 5 days last week so I only skipped one day!

Way to go on your loss! It does help when you can pretty much eat the same things. Great job on those workouts :)
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options

I lost a little more than my target weight loss this week. I know my weight loss will slow down as I get closer to my goal, so I will take the extra while I can.

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week? I am determined to lose the last 18 lbs during this challenge, so I am staying very very strict, and working out as much as possible.

Did you stick to your goals last week? Yes, I went out to lunch with my daughter one day, and dinner with some old colleagues. I made sure i saved calories and ate within my budgeted amount for each day. At home is easy, it is eating out that is difficult.

Do you plan to make any changes this week to what you previously were doing? I bought a Fitbit Alta HR. I need to figure out how to use it to best serve my needs. I feel like the losing part is easy, 1200 calories, that's it. But I am nervous when I get to maintenance, how much can I eat, how much do I add for exercising, etc. I don't want to gain any back, but I really am looking forward to being able to eat some meals that are just too high calorie right now, and to be able to enjoy snacking once in a while.

Best meal: I love a lettuce wrap recipe I have. It is so delicious. It is low calorie, though high in sodium. I know my scale will go up for a couple days after I eat it, but then down even lower!
    Worst meal: Probably steak, but only because I can only eat about 4 ounces to stay in my calories and that isn't real satisfying
    Best snack: The only snacks I am eating are the Medifast meals at 110 calories each
    Worst snack: Not doing any other snacking, but I can dream... chips, salsa, guacamole, pistachios, crackes and cheese... yummmmmmm!

VERY GOOD loss for this week!!!! I am going to send you my email address or you can send me yours.....we can be Fitbit friends. Maintenance is the same as losing and gaining. You figure out how many calories you have to eat to maintain your weight and you eat that amount.

So, I just had chips and salsa and pistachios were in my trial mix and I eat cubed cheese all the time....LOL!....these are bad snacks??? :neutral:

Those lettuce wraps sound yummy. Please share the recipe :smiley:
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Somze wrote: »

I was unsuccessful because I think I am getting complacent. I already look good in a swimsuit, so my motivation is lower than before. We went to a pool party last weekend and I could see that I look better than any other 40-year old there.

I have a target weight and a general goal. I did not do enough to move toward my target weight. But I did do better on my general goal of exercising 30 minutes every day, excluding walking. I skipped a couple days but am heading in the right direction.

Yes, I plan to enter my meals right after I eat them so I am not surprised by how much I am over on my calorie goal when I enter my meals in the evening or the next day.

Your reason you were successful is HILARIOUS! I am thinking you should probably come up with some new goals....strength training, yoga/stretching, abs, running marathons etc.

Are tequila shots considered a meal??? :wink:

I also have the same goal of exercising daily for 30 minutes. I generally take 1-2 days off though.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Megan91384 wrote: »
    Starting weight: 201.6
    Weigh-in #1: 200.8
    Total Loss: -.8

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week? Too much fast food when plans changed last minute. My weight went between 196-201. I felt bloated and ugh. Even eating at my calorie limit I didn't make the best food choices. Also, didn't have a concrete workout plan ahead of time.

Did you stick to your goals last week? Yes and no. Ate around calorie limit but didn't pick the best foods.

Do you plan to make any changes this week to what you previously were doing? Yes. I found a beginner's strength/lift program 3x a week and cardio 3x a week. Also, sticking to meal plan. With my normal activity level with no exercise and at a deficit, I should be losing .8-1 per week, so my plan is to get in some exercise beyond my normal walks, chores, etc. to jump start the weight loss.

Best meal: Chicken kabobs with lots of veges
    Worst meal: pizza and beer
    Best snack: Protein shake, luna bar,
    Worst snack: sugar cookie, but considering I had 3 birthday parties to go to the last week I consider it a success. :)

Looking forward to week 2!

Congratulations on your loss. You're headed in the right direction. Definitely keep us posted on your new program.

At least you can stick to your calorie allotment. I can barely do that.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    mebelfanti wrote: »
    Starting weight: 235
    Weigh-in #1: 233.4
    Total Loss: 1.6

Successful with eating and making good food choices but unsuccesful with getting to the gym. I haven't been feeling well for the past week so I'm going easy on myself. Plus I still have no motivation to get to the gym, ughhh.

Did you stick to your goals last week? For food - yes. I've gotten much better at not giving in to cravings and limiting my snacking.

Do you plan to make any changes this week to what you previously were doing? Hopefully I'll get my butt out of bed and into the gym a few mornings this week. I prefer not to exercise in the evenings as it usually keeps me up at night, but I might have to make that work. Getting up in the mornings was so much easier with a trainer, blurg.

Congrats on your loss. Remember a calorie deficit is the only thing needed to lose weight to if you can't get to the gym sometimes that's alright. Why do you think you're not motivated to go? Solely because you no longer have a trainer?
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    spdaphne wrote: »
    Starting weight: 187
    Weigh-in #1: 184.8
    Total Loss: 2.2

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week? I got strength training in 3x (TRX, trainer, on my own). I also worked out and got my cardio in. The biggest I think though is I just ate out 2x and one was make your own tacos so it was fairly healthy food. I cooked 2x last week so that helped with taking food for lunch, etc. I felt better.

Did you stick to your goals last week? Yep, I felt like I did better. I was going to sleep early (what I should be doing) because of the time change so it helped. Plus, I slept in Friday and Saturday which I think helped my energy.

Do you plan to make any changes this week to what you previously were doing? Work on my morning routine and get back to the early sleep routine. The cooking has been great.

NICE loss this week!!! Bravo! Sleeping in!...what's that? Lol! I too need to go to sleep. Like now I'm up typing and I wonder why I can't hit the 5am club at the gym anymore. ''Tis 'tis 'tis.
  • LynnJ9
    Options

VERY GOOD loss for this week!!!! I am going to send you my email address or you can send me yours.....we can be Fitbit friends. Maintenance is the same as losing and gaining. You figure out how many calories you have to eat to maintain your weight and you eat that amount.

So, I just had chips and salsa and pistachios were in my trial mix and I eat cubed cheese all the time....LOL!....these are bad snacks??? :neutral:

Those lettuce wraps sound yummy. Please share the recipe :smiley:

Please mail do send your email address. I will send you mine. I definitely need help to figure out this fitbit.

I am going to dig out the lettuce wrap recipe and post it in this group. It is easy really fast and easy to make too.

It is funny how some people love salty snacks while others like sweet. I think pistachios and cheese are great options for snacks, I just can't fit them in right now,. Well I could, but I think I should stick with more filling food for the same calories.

I think the scary thing is figuring out how many calories is my maintenance amount.

Thanks for being such a great group leader!
  • LynnJ9
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Somze wrote: »

I LOVE that you were proud of yourself at your party. Self confidence is so attractive. And 7 tequila shots? I have only done one tequila shot in my life and thought I was going to die.
  • mscote12
    mscote12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 219.4
    Weigh-in #1:219.4
    Total Loss:0

I thought I was doing okay food wise, there were a few choices that could have been healthier, but I even skipped WEDDING CAKE! Ugh. I did not get as much activity as I wanted so perhaps that was my downfall. I am struggling finding the time to fit it in, so that will be my focus this week.

More physical activity for sure.

• Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 131 pounds
    Weigh-in #1: 133 pounds
    Total Loss: +2 pounds gained this week

I lost a pound, hit my lowest weight so far, then had a day of panic attacks followed by emotional eating over the next few days. At my lowest weight last week I still felt completely chubby and also very ugly. It was awful. Then I mentally calmed down and relaxed and worked on acceptance and focused on my fitness but also gained weight. And I felt pretty good about myself. Now I just want to get back on track, but from a very neutral self-accepting place.

Yes for fitness. No for eating.

Yes. I plan to get back in my deficit and not fool around with eating near maintenance. I plan to get out of the mentality that I need more fuel for my muscles - my muscles do not need to grow right now; right now I need to continue to lose fat.

To stay in my deficit I've eaten a small protein breakfast and lunch, completely avoiding snacking and sugar during the day, having a protein-and-veggie based dinner with my family, and saving calories for a low-calorie evening snack. I will get back on that plan.
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options

CONGRATS on your loss. That's horrible about your boss. (Did it happen?)

No, she did not get fired last night. Which is actually kinda a bad thing ... she's gone a bit berserk and is giving the organization a bad name, so quite frankly it would be easier on everyone if she just resigned. Contracts are reviewed in Sept-Oct though, so chances are it isn't over yet, and her contract could be not renewed.
This discussion has been closed.