Curious...anyone feeling extra 'randy'?

Options
LunaPipes
LunaPipes Posts: 16 Member
I have noticed this feeling to be more pronounced lately. To the point of being distracting in daily life. Honest question, NOT looking for perv responses.

Replies

• LunaPipes
    LunaPipes Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to qualify the post in that the changes made I've in my diet over the last 3 weeks towards LC (and that being the only thing I've done) being the only difference I can pinpoint for this.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    It's twoo!
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    We've had a couple threads on this in the past few months. I can't find any of them because Search is unreliable.

I definitely noticed an increase in my libido, that lasted a good long while - like long enough that now I don't know if it's back to normal, or if I'm just used to it.
  • JasonOnceAgain
    JasonOnceAgain Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You're happy because you're feeling great, you're loosing weight, you have more energy... and tada! lol
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    This happened to me!! It makes sense because keto balances hormones. Many women experience cycle changes and increased fertility. So I think it totally makes sense that libido would be affected too. Mine sure is!! I get especially amped around ovulation time... but woah... my libido is way higher than ever before!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    You're happy because you're feeling great, you're loosing weight, you have more energy... and tada! lol

Not that simple, although it IS a factor... Sadly, it would appear (TMI alert) it doesn't appear to have affected my H in quite the same positive way.... :(

So I woud concur that it is a hormonal response in women - as we're 'wired' differently, obviously....
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Yep, I noticed the same thing. Following a Keto WOE definitely bumped up my libido and that was an unexpected pleasant surprise as far as I'm concerned! ;)
  • JasonOnceAgain
    Options

Not that simple, although it IS a factor... Sadly, it would appear (TMI alert) it doesn't appear to have affected my H in quite the same positive way.... :(

So I woud concur that it is a hormonal response in women - as we're 'wired' differently, obviously....

Strangely, tonight someone posted a link in the main forums about men on keto start having ummm.... problems saluting and they suspect it was from low fat in their diets.

(knock on wood)

No pun intended.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    ^^ We need a 'Lol' auto-button! ^^
  • IamMicah
    IamMicah Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    KNOCK ON WOOD *bahahahahahahahahah*
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,595 Member
    Options

Strangely, tonight someone posted a link in the main forums about men on keto start having ummm.... problems saluting and they suspect it was from low fat in their diets.

Keto is famously higher fat than most diets.

• AlexandraCarlyle
    Options

(knock on wood)

No pun intended.

If they're really on Keto - why would their diets be LOW fat? As @2t9nty points out, a keto diet shouldn't lack fat....!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Keto only drops certain metrics... :o
  • JasonOnceAgain
    Options

If they're really on Keto - why would their diets be LOW fat? As @2t9nty points out, a keto diet shouldn't lack fat....!

My diet is LCLF.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    You poor sad creature.

:D
  • JasonOnceAgain
    Options
    Me? Nah.... seeing all that lard and those fat bombs turn my stomach lol.. I only miss cheese, and bacon. I still sneak both in once in a while.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    ...and has there been any discernible effect on your libido...?
  • JasonOnceAgain
    Options
    It increased it, I still think it's from the increased energy and the positive feeling that comes with losing weight.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    Yes, I can see that would be the case.
    Maybe these other guys have other.... 'issues'....