We're having pizza tonight....

Options
What do you guys do in this situation? My plan is to just scrape all the topping onto my plate and leave the pizza base. Do you have any alternative suggestions? I love eating this way - get to eat all the best bits of a pizza whilst still losing weight

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    At home, I eat the toppings only.

If at a friend's home (as just happened) it was a couple small thin crust pizzas and I ate 2 small pieces including the crust. I let her know how tasty both were and thanked her for our quick pre-concert dinner.

I have no medical issues that cause problems if eating carbs/gluten. I know all would not eat the crust but I choose to not be that diligent given no medical issues. I eat less than 50 total carbs per day and I can make 2 small pieces of thin crust fit my carbs by pre planning.

At a restaurant, I'm not sure which way I would go in regards to crust. Depends.
  • SaleenGirl305
    SaleenGirl305 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I scrape the toppings onto a salad. I actually just had this last night since my husband got take-n-bake pizza for dinner. I agree with @kpk54 and would just eating small slices if at a friend's house or going out.
  • lolliopopsnrainbows
    Options
    Adding it to a salad is a fab idea, thanks @SaleenGirl305! I'm a greedy guts and since I'm still starting out on this journey I'd rather not tempt myself with pizza and pasta :smile: I'm hopeful that in time I will be able to just eat one or two small slices like you guys, you're my goal people!! Thankfully, this is just a pizza that is in the freezer and needs using up so there's no one to offend or upset by not eating it all.