End of Day 3 Keto

Hi all
It's end of day 3 keto for me - eating around 1300 calories daily, 70-75% fat, 20g or less carbs. I have had no side effects that I have read about (keto flu), and my hunger is diminishing every day. And I have a ton of energy. When I'm reading other people's experiences of their first week, this doesn't match up. Am I doing something wrong? It seems so easy and painless, I must be doing something wrong. Thanks all
Jess

Replies

• Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    I never went through keto flu at the start either. If you're getting enough sodium in your diet, you won't have to suffer through 'keto flu' which is basically just low electrolytes.

Sounds to me like you're doing everything right, rather than something wrong.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Probably not doing anything wrong. I never got " the flu". I'd start feeling a bit clammy and get some salt in me and fix it right up. Keep at it and enjoy.
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    I am on week 3 and never got 'the flu' I got the occasional headache but nothing major. Sounds like you are on the right track :-)
  • jessicastanfill
    jessicastanfill Posts: 69 Member
    thanks everyone for the responses. I am feeling such extreme energy, it's almost euphoric. Today I'm going to avoid caffeine (and I'm a heavy coffee drinker). I also have no appetite and I haven't eaten in 12 hours!
  • Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    Some get the Keto "flu" others don't. I never had any severe effects going LCHF during induction phase but I like salty food so that probably helped. I typically don't eat from 7:30pm until 11-11:30am the next day but I try to keep a regular schedule and eat a nice lunch and some type of dinner otherwise my energy will start to dip.

Now you might experience some type of withdrawal from avoiding caffeine since you are a heavy coffee drinker. I know if I gave up my green tea I probably would have a few days of headaches and irritability.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Good luck with the no caffeine. I gave it up in 2000 but still drink plenty of decaf so I get a bit of caffeine I suppose. My neurologist said I should cut the caffeine due to a movement disorder and honestly I think it has been a positive change all the way around. Now if I have something with a big hit of caffeine, my heart starts to race and I really get "jittery".

I definitely got headaches when I quit but they passed. Caffeine may be something that one can wean off of slowly. A cup o' regular a day then switch to decaf maybe?
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Been thinking I should give up the caffeine one of these days just to see if it has any effect on me, but haven't gotten that brave yet....lol
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Getting "Keto flu" is dependent upon your sodium intake and rate of loss.
    All of the symptoms are from low sodium. Supplementing sodium makes it avoidable.