Food Stalls

Options
Have you come across eating certain foods that tend to stall your progress?

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    alcohol always stalls my progress, I try to limit it to once every week or two

if I go crazy on cheese it does the same, but if I keep it to a few servings a day, I'm fine
  • Shron123
    Shron123 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    When I first started I followed the two week challenge at dietdoc.com. The recipes are great but I found they were too high fat in that my calories went thru the roof. I think they would be better for people on maintenance who are getting most of their fat from their diet as opposed to myself who is still burning body fat for fuel. I find if I keep my calories around 1600-1700 w 50% fat, 30% protein and 20% carbs I lose anywhere from 1 to 3 pounds a week. Before this WOE I wld have to keep my calories under 1200 to lose a pound maybe two per week. But I still have to watch my calories but not as rigidly. Also a glass of red wine once or twice a week is great but if I do more my weight stalls.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Any powdered sweeteners with dextrose or maltodextrin, eating too much of a treat (like strawberry cheesecake fat bombs), etc. But mostly, it's the sweet stuff that got me.
  • mrslmartin1001
    mrslmartin1001 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    LC tortillas. I thought I had found something absolutely wonderful, but if I eat even 1 I will stall or go up on the scales. The mission brand has 6NC and I believe about 23ish before the 13 fiber. I am not sure what happens when I eat them but I tried them several times and decided it wasn't worth it. I believe it still has wheat flour and gluten in it and my body doesn't do well with carbs anyways, so as I said, I gave them up.
  • xosummerrainxo
    xosummerrainxo Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm finding when adding too much dairy to my diet I am stalling. For example made jello sf pudding heavy cream(or half n half). Both times I had it, weight stalled.
  • Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    It's not always about what I eat but when I eat and how much. If I eat way to late in the evening and its a heavy meal I will plateau for a number of days. The LC tortillas and peanuts can have the same effect if I over do it on either of those. As I am nearing the what seems the near impossible 200 lb mark things have slowed no matter what I do but I still trend downward weight wise (its just slow at the moment) and people around me are taking notice that I have slimmed down considerably.

I never had an issue with alcohol but I don't drink that much maybe once a month if at all.

This WOE is, in a way, like an experiment. You have to try things to see how your system tolerates them and if it moves you in the right direction.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I can eat 1-2oz of dairy/day but if I have more than that my losses slow. Also Quest bars. I can eat one and be fine but if I eat 2-3 per week I won't lose that week.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I can't help but wonder what time frame you're considering a to be a "stall" @xosummerrainxo

So far as I know, nothing ever stalled me. But then, I didn't expect to lose weight every day or every other day or every three days or even every week. That said, rarely a week went by that I didn't lose a pound and my digital body scale weights only in full pounds so there was none of this counting fractional pounds. Nothing wrong with fractional pounds but I probably would have gone whacky worrying over ounces.

Because weight naturally fluctuates I would enter a loss (count it as scale movement) only if it was seen on the scale on Sunday (my "official" weigh day) and only if I had seen it a time or 2 earlier in the week. I've been maintaining for 3+ years and damned if the scale doesn't STILL fluctuate 140, 143, 142, 144, 143, 140, 144, 142...never ending. Every single day. That's what weight does.

I never used a trend line such as Happy Scale (iPhone) or Libra (android) or Trendweight (desktop) but you might find one useful (as mentioned above).

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I could never eat keto faux foods or desserts. Mostly because I would overeat them. Being highly palatable just like high carb junk foods are...
    now I limit making those things for special occasions only and make just enough so I don't have leftovers.
    I have trouble with sweetening anything. It seems to trigger hunger in general. Least problem was with liquid stevia though.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Tried fat bombs early on......BIG mistake! Never again. Not the sweet ones btw, savoury.
  • kimjschroeder
    kimjschroeder Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    How do you know what is stalling you?