Weekly Post 17.9 - 24.9 2017

Options
Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
Hi guys! Starting the thread this week and posting a real quick one! Going to be a busy couple of days at work for me, but I'll be back more when it quiets down. :)

Loving our new fall pic! :smiley:

Some of you may have seen that I started running on Saturday! Very excited about that! This is the first time I have started running or have ran since sixth grade. LOL

Today is a Light Day so typical low key day for me. Will be filling up my water and green tea glasses after I hit send. Speak to you in a little bit when things quiet down!

Have a good one!

Meghan

Replies

• flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Maintenance isn't maintenance if the weight creeps up.... I sooo need to get my act back together...fast days are going better again...now I need to ramp up the exercise and stay in my cals on normal days more often. Piece of cake....hmmm no...cake doesn't help :p
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi @flumi_f
    Cake, did someone say cake?! :p Ugh, I hear you! I have not been able to maintain a loss. I am hoping this will be the one that will do it for me. All the rest of the WOE's I gave up before I hit maintenance, so yeah there is that too!
    Hope you are well. :)
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I've had a birthday host, a memorial to host and a wedding group to host! All in 10 days.... the amount of cake at each of those??? Yup, a little too much.. luckily the bday cake was an ice cream cake!!
    I took an eclair in one of those, but opted for fruit and skipped the heavy stuff. Hopefully the busy days are behind me now and I can concentrate on myself now.

Way to go jknight - good loss last week!

Meghan you are a force!! I cannot run (big metal spike through my kneee) walking 10k steps is my thing, but I can sure understand the feeling of accomplishment you must have!! You go girl!!

Also thanks to Meghan and other newbies for keeping this weekly forum going when us other maintenance folks slip some weeks. Haha.. @flumi_f you statement is sooooo correct re maintenance!!! Hit the nail on the head!!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi guys!!
    Quick check in again, for now. Busy at work today again. This project should be over by tomorrow afternoon / evening my time. Can't wait. LOL
    My Light Day went well yesterday. No issues. Being busy does make the day go by quicker! No time to think about food or the fact that you have eaten less. LOL
    Yesterday at the gym I did a lighter version of my normal treadmill workout. I realized that I should not be running every single day, my body should be resting. And I am quite sore since I am just starting out. My quads are sore and after day one my back was sore! So yesterday I took it easier so that I can get running again tonight.
    Thanks for your kind works @mamainthekitchen I am a little nervous and excited at the same time. I am not athletic by any means but this a nice feeling so far. My goal is to be able to get running at a decent clip at least every other night going forward. :smiley:
    Looking ahead to this weekend. My Dad is coming up from Florida and we are going to a family get together on Saturday at my Aunt's house. That will be nice. Typically I see my Dad and Step Mom at Christmas and maybe once a year if they come up to CT. The last time I saw my Dad I was 40 pounds heavier. :blush:
    Have a good one all. I will check in later, when I can!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Morning, all! I am home sick. I have a raging sinus infection. Antibiotics are helping, but I feel like I got hit by a bus. :/ So far today, I have done a load of laundry and taken two naps, and it is only 10 am!
    On the plus side, I weighed in on Sunday and I haven't been this low since last January! Onward and downward!
    Everyone sounds like they are doing well. :smile:
    Happy fasting!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Allow the rest Kate! Your body needs it to get well!

Meghan- i second mama's words! Thanks for keeping this thread alive!!

Had a good normal day...in my cals despite having a hunger attack at 3am...ate a piece of cheese and logged it as breakfast. Thus all good. Was a strange night...
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Got a question for you overnight oats eating people..... do you eat the stuff cold out of fridge or can you heat it up in the micro?? I prefer my oatmeal hot...
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi guys!
    Aww shucks you all are sweet. Happy to post here and contribute a little more when others can't. I like checking in and it helps me stay on track. <3
    Tommorow is going to be a little crazy but I will aim for at least a quick check in.
    Feel better Kate! Congrats on your low!
    Mama, I like my overnight oats cool, but I don't see why you couldn't heat them up. The key is to make sure they are soft. Hot or cold shouldn't matter. ;)
    Chat soon!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    You can heat them. I often soak just the oats overnight and warm them with fruit and additional fluid in the morning just to reduce cooking time. That was before hearing about overnight oats :D

Very yummy is grated carrot and nutmeg/cinnamon in the oats....like a spiced carrot cake. Was sceptical.. .but very yummy ;-)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning everybody.
    It is the calm before the "work" storm. Can't wait until this project is over. :p
    Just hoping to get out on time or close to it, so we can get to the gym after work. I am a Taurus, so I like my routine. LOL
    Today is a regular day for me. I hopped on the scale this AM, for a quick check in and it shows I am up a little. That could be due to sore and swollen muscles, so not really sweating it. Still have another Light Day to do tomorrow.
    Not much else happening other than a busy day at work. Will make the day go by fast I am sure.
    I will check in again later if I can.
    Have a good one!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Ok thanks guys, hot oats (in my mind) is the only way to eat them. I will try your idea of the carrots & cinnamon flumi!! That sounds really tasty to me, I've done apple & cinnamon but never thought of carrot!

I've done pretty good considering I've missed fasting, missed lots of walks and haven't worked on weights in almost 2 weeks... I'm down a half inch on my waist! Go figure!?! It goes to show, it's what you put in your mouth not how much you exercise... and I've been pretty good about less candy lately because I was so busy planning & cleaning and hosting events at my house! So enjoy your busy days Meghan! You'll see a down next weigh in... your blip could be water...

It's actually foggy here today... getting new furnace in 3 weeks and hope we can put off turning in our old one until then! Have a great day everyone!
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Enforced fast day today as I had my pacemaker fitted. Feeling a bit rough at the moment will post more soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hello again. Up and down here today. Hurry up and wait. UGH. Work project extended through tomorrow. Oh well. That means Light Day should be busy too. LOL

Thanks Mama! Yes, keeping an eye on your food is just as important as exercise. In the past I have lost weight by not exercising. This time after my health scare in 2015 I made a pact to keep it movin'.

Looking like I should get out of here on time tonight as well as tomorrow night. I really try not to miss the gym if possible.

Those overnight oats sound yummy! :o

Thinking of you Geoff... Hope you feel better. I can imagine that is painful. :( We are sending you positive thoughts and vibes.

Speak to you guys soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hello again!
    I am waiting for my work project to wrap up. Been slow going.
    Managed to get out on time last night and get to the gym. Planning the same for today.
    Light Day today. Got a water and a green tea sitting in front of me.
    Not much else to report at the moment. Going to run on the treadmill tonight. Weighed in again today and up a pound still. Hoping that comes off, plus a little more for tomorrow AM's weigh in. Since I mixed up the work out it may change what happens on the scale. I do feel less swollen and sore, muscle wise which is nice.
    Have a good one and I'll chat with you soon!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon Geoff!

2nd fast today. A bit high, but I've been in my cals on my normal days this week. Off to the Ticino midday tomorrow for the weekend. Will enjoy it ....food drinks friends and hiking. B)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Friday everybody!

I weighed in today and I am the same this week, according to "my friend" the scale. LOL But, honestly I will take it. I had a cRaZy week at work where I know darn well that I didn't drink all my water and I also know that I changed up my exercise - I started running on the treadmill. Earlier in the week I had been up two pounds! So those pounds disappeared which is nice, now moving onward and upward!

On a positive note, my new size 10 jeans are fitting wonderful today... When I started on this journey my size 14's were tight. Those are now folded up and put away in the closet. Soon to be put away in Space Bags when we switch over the closets for the season. :)

Yesterday should have been a running day for me at the gym, but I opted to walk. I was just sooo tired from running around like a chicken with my head cut off at work. It was either walk or don't go to the gym at all. The old me would have sat my butt on the couch and let BF go by himself to the gym. So I am glad I at least went. :)

My big work project is complete which is nice. Will be nice to get back to normal around here. Today I am honestly just looking forward to mid day when I can have lunch LOL. One of those days / weeks! Sometimes fasting is easy, other times it is harder.

Looking forward to the weekend as well and seeing family on Saturday. I will check back later. Have a nice one!
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hello, everyone! I know I haven't been consistent, but I'm always grateful to this group that got me started 3 years ago. The 5:2 broke a very long stall of 11 months. I forgot the anniversary 8th of September. I've basically maintained with some ups and downs. I still sporadically fast due to forgetting to eat. But haven't really weighed or logged food since July 2015. The 5:2 put me on a path of discovery and experiments to find a lifestyle that works for me. I eat 1-2 meals per day. I highly encourage you to find what works for you as an individual! And I wish everyone a successful journey.

Greetings from an oldie:)
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    @Marmitegeoff - Praying that you are back to those 100 mile bike rides in quick order with renewed energy!
    @Meghan509 - Sometimes no loss is a win. Glad you are done with your project and things will begin to quite down.
    @Foamroller (aka Foamie) - So glad to hear of your success. I am back because 5:2 worked for me the first time around. Hoping to do better at maintaining this time. And I imagine that exercise is part of your success since you were always awesome at that.

I did lose a little this week - .8 lbs. I will take any loss I can get. This weekend is my DS's birthday and birthday party where we go all out. I am shocked that we have not been interviewed by ET or People magazine regarding our Le Grande Fete. :lol: For the first time in 8 years it should be a lovely one for us weather-wise. This is a notoriously hot month for SoCal. Looking forward to hanging out with some great people. Hope you all have a great weekend. Keep on keeping on with 5:2. It is worth it!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi guys!
    Sorry I was not around all weekend. Flew by! Just caught up on these posts and am going to start a new weekly post for us in a moment. :)