Surgery Eve...

Hello everyone! I am finally having my VSG surgery tomorrow. Any last tips or things that you wished you'd done the day before?

Replies

• BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Been prepared for the early arrival of my period. According to the nurses, this is a very common occurrence, but they don't warn you about it at all. Something about the hormone changes your body goes through immediately after surgery.
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Agree with @Aschindler412 -- ring some feminine products. Also bring a phone charger, and prepare to walk so maybe bring slippers. I hated those hospital socks! Lots of luck and keep us posted how you are doing!
  • Jujub34785
    Jujub34785 Posts: 7 Member
    Okay thanks guys! I definitely will!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Been prepared for the early arrival of my period. According to the nurses, this is a very common occurrence, but they don't warn you about it at all. Something about the hormone changes your body goes through immediately after surgery.

Yeah. I started in the hospital the morning after my surgery.

Definitely a phone charger, and make sure you have comfy, loose clothes to wear home. Make sure you have all the liquids at home that you will need per your doctor's instructions, and make sure all your prescriptions are filled. You are probably not going to feel like running around taking care of things after. Good luck to you and keep us posted!
  • Mandy_1982
    Mandy_1982 Posts: 160 Member
    My period was actually delayed two weeks because of my surgery, so not everyone has that happen-- better to be prepared I suppose!

Bring comfy slippers for when you start walking the hospital hallways. Use the breathing machine thingy (that they give you) during commercial breaks on tv. You won't need a whole lot of stuff, so only pack your necessities.

Good luck. It will be over before you kno it.
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    No matter how thirsty you get over the following few days, remember to SIP your water! On my way home from hospital I gulped and it felt like I swallowed a golf ball! Took 10 minutes just to recover enough to travel again.
  • A pillow to hold against you on the ride home can be a game changer, good luck!
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Hope you are recovering well. Rest up. .
  • clcmfp
    clcmfp Posts: 108 Member
    Hope you're doing well!