Cool Sculpting?

Options
jcavanna2
jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
Curious if anyone has had it looked into Cool
sculpting? I set myself up for a consultation since it would be a stretch for me to pay out of pocket for a tummy tuck and my insurance won't cover it. Has anyone done Cool Sculpting or know of anyone who has had it?

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I've been curious about it too, let us know how the consultation goes!
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @garber6th will do - it's not until 9/23. The girl said they usually go with 1-2 treatments and it's permanent. No clue about cost...
  • garber6th
    Options
    I'm not ready to jump into surgery but I would love to get my arms done!
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I've heard good things - but I'm not really sure. I'd love to have my arms done - no matter how much I lift the sag isn't going away. :(
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I've read about it some. It usually takes at least 3 sessions and they are spread out over many weeks. I think the cost was like $600-1,000 a session depending on target area. Honestly I think it's more for the person who has 10-20lbs of fat to freeze in a certain part of body like waist or thighs. And it's painful. Be cautious. Even if your not a good candidate I'm sure they will try their hardest to sell you the sessions. :oo:)
  • Samquentin
    Samquentin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm curious if it would even be able to help saggy skin. It gets rid of the fat under the skin, and if your skin is elastic enough, it may go snap back. I'm doubting it would in a formally obese patient, snap back. I know my skin was stretched, and my 'bat wings' are growing, as my arms lose the extra fat. I think the only way to get rid of the extra skin, is to surgically remove it. :(
  • Samquentin
    Samquentin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Here is a question/answers about lax skin after cool sculpting... https://www.realself.com/question/zeltiq-address-skin-laxity-banana-rolls-skin-fat
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    I think it will be interesting to hear what they say. I was told that it won't help with skin elasticity but I am more concerned with how my clothes will look and feel - at 43 years old I most definitely won't be wearing any bikinis..lol
  • jamielslater
    jamielslater Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    @jcavanna2 let me know how it goes I would be interested.
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @Jamieeldred I will let you guys know how it goes. Very curious what they have to say given my weight loss and stuff.
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    jcavanna2 wrote: »
    Curious if anyone has had it looked into Cool
    sculpting? I set myself up for a consultation since it would be a stretch for me to pay out of pocket for a tummy tuck and my insurance won't cover it. Has anyone done Cool Sculpting or know of anyone who has had it?

If you are targeting stubborn fat area's, it may work. It won't do anything for loose skin.
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @fit_chickx I am not as worried about loose skin as I am about the fat loss. Going to check into it to see if it will help me -- more concerned about how my clothes look/feel. Fortunately my loose skin isn't terrible - I do have some but I think since I have be working out for years I didn't have as much loose skin as I would have if I didn't work out :) plus, at 43 I am not planning on running around in a bikini..lol
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Options

@fit_chickx I am not as worried about loose skin as I am about the fat loss. Going to check into it to see if it will help me -- more concerned about how my clothes look/feel. Fortunately my loose skin isn't terrible - I do have some but I think since I have be working out for years I didn't have as much loose skin as I would have if I didn't work out :) plus, at 43 I am not planning on running around in a bikini..lol

You look great at 43. I'm 48, No bikini for me either. My loose skin is not as bad as I thought it would be. Working out has helped ;) But, it does need to be smoothed away to make clothing look better. Let us know if it works targeting the stubborn areas.
  • garber6th
    Options

I am about to turn 54. No bikini in my future lol. I look like I am melting when I am naked but the amount of work I would need along with the time and money I would have to invest - I will just continue to dress strategically :-) If something like the cool sculpting can help though, that would be great, it's always good to have options!
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    I will definitely keep you posted on Cool Sculpting - if it's too much money I won't do it. My consultation is Saturday so hoping it goes well. Also want my husband to come with me so he can see/heat what is said and be my voice of reason of needed :)
  • garber6th
    Options
    Thanks for letting us all know how it went! Yeah, $5300 is a lot for unknown results.
  • jamielslater
    jamielslater Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the update. I have some lose skin on my stomach amd the tops of my legs. I'm only 11 months post VSG so I am hoping it firms up.
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    I would say exercise is the best thing in addition to plastic surgery if it's something that you are willing to pay for. Going to look into skin removal on my stomach vs full tummy tuck but at this stage not sure if it's worth the money to me