Quest Bar

Options
123sind
123sind Posts: 80 Member
Any of you hear or tried Quest Bar. They are suppose to be very low in carbs but with all the taste in them. Just wondering if they are any better then other low carbs bar out there?

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I eat them, and the Kirkland (costco) brand as well.
  • 123sind
    Options
    Do you find them tasting alright?
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them. The taste was good. They didn't agree with me, for various reasons, but a lot of people enjoy them. Try them. You won't know until you do. Also, different flavors are good and others are not good. So, try a few.
  • 123sind
    Options
    Thanks for the info.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I've eaten them. I thought they were tasty. It was during my days of excess and I ate 4 or 5 in one day. Oops. Evidence that high fiber doesn't do dastardly things to me. LOL.

I don't buy them any more for at home eating. If I were out and about and hungry, I'd buy ONE. I don't remember my favorite. Chocolate (probably peanut butter) something. My 2nd favorite was the White Chocolate Raspberry.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    123sind wrote: »
    Do you find them tasting alright?
    I eat them often. I like the taste.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan. I don't like the texture. They are very popular though so give them a try!
  • Smoked33
    Smoked33 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the choc chip cookie dough. I've tried a few others and none compare to that so I just stick with that. The kirkland ones from Costco are okay... the cookie dough are not as good as quest but the double choc are actually better than double choc quest. Follow me? LOL. To recap, choc chip cookie dough quest bars are the best thing you can eat on low carb diets...if they were cheaper I could live on those alone! :)
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I used to like several of the Quest bar flavors, until they changed from using IMO to soluble corn fiber. My digestive system doesn't get along with the corn fiber at all, even after backing off to a quarter-bar a day and working up slowly. My family eats them occasionally with no problems. YMMV.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    @castlerobber Can i ask what kind of digestive problems you have eating quest bars? I've been having some trouble lately and am trying to pinpoint what is causing it.

OP i love the double chocolate chunk quest bars, microwaving them for around 12 seconds takes them up to a whole nother level.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    My experience with them wasn't good. I forgot he myself craving them and wanting to eat them as much as possible.
    For me, that sweet seeking feeling of need is a terrible feeling and it drives me to overeat. Then there is also all that added fiber which my gut doesn't tolerate.
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I havn't tried quest but have had the low carb musashi bars. They are ok but have a weird aftertaste. I generally stay away from bars.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    My experience with them wasn't good. I forgot he myself craving them and wanting to eat them as much as possible.
    For me, that sweet seeking feeling of need is a terrible feeling and it drives me to overeat. Then there is also all that added fiber which my gut doesn't tolerate.

You'd explode if you tried Myprotein's mybar zero, one bar has 26g of fibre :open_mouth: and 4.3g carbs.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options

You'd explode if you tried Myprotein's mybar zero, one bar has 26g of fibre :open_mouth: and 4.3g carbs.

Ugh! I absolutely would! That sounds aweful!
  • Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    These are my favorite but there are only two out of the 4 different kinds that have low net carbs so be careful if you decide to purchase them.

l1v62u0sck0k.png
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I eat them, and the Kirkland (costco) brand as well.

Please be aware that this brand has been tested and found to contain heavy metals.

https://labdoor.com/review/kirkland-signature-protein-bar