Weekly Post 24.9 - 1.10 2017

Options
Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
Hi everybody!

Wow... October is beginning on Sunday of this coming weekend. Where has the year gone?

My weekend was good. We had a family get together on Saturday where I got to see my Dad and Step Mom. They are visiting from Florida for a week. Lots of fun to see family and have some nice food. My cousin who lives in Colorado was also in town with his wife and three kids. That was nice. Totally didn't expect to see him. The timing was cool.

The weather has been really warm here! We are in the 80's F and yesterday it was like 90 degrees F! Crazy! Supposed to be sunny and warm all week, and by next weekend a little cooler. I will take it. I like fall.

Today is Light Day. I bought a big new stainless steel cup for drinking my water at the office! Supposed to keep stuff hot or cold for a long time. We made the lentil soup for Light Day dinner this week. Looking forward to that!

Okay all. I will post this and I'll check back later! Chat soon!

Replies

• flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    After a weekend of hiking and hatious....a good fast day behind me and a good night tea in hand.

Have a great day.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning everybody. Hope you all are well.

Glad to see you had a nice fast day @flumi_f

I had a good one yesterday too. Funny that I really wasn't hungry at all. The week before I was! Last night we tried out the vegan lentil soup (I shared it recently in the meal threads). Two thumbs up! Since it was not that high in calories, I added an extra half cup of green lentils which made it nice and filling! Yummy.

Hopefully this is a good week on the scale. I have to miss my workout on Thursday. Going to the hairdresser for my hair cut and highlights after work Thursday night. I go every eight weeks. Hard to belive that much time has passed already since the last cut and color. Where did the summer go!? Maybe I will go for a walk on Thursday during lunch to try and burn a few calories.

This week has been pretty quiet so far at the office. All the stuff we were working on last week is for meetings taking place this week. No complaints.

Tomorrow I have my yearly physical with my MD. I know he will be happy that I am down in weight! My blood pressure, cholesterol, and other stuff should all come back good too. All of those numbers have been in a downward trend over the last few years. They tell me I have the blood pressure number of a 15 year old. I am 45. B)

Have a good day and I'll speak to you soon.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Good job on goals Meghan!! You are a force!! Your hairdresser must see a difference in you too!! ;)

I just had what I thought was a good lunch for a fast day and I'm already at 348 Cals for the day! Argh! I'm struggling here.... anyone else in maintenance mode struggling??
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Thank you @mamainthekitchen I appreciate your nice comment! Sorry you are struggling. Hope you got through okay. Ugh.

Yes, my hairdresser noticed my loss last time. She was like heyyyy you lost weight. LOL
    This AM I am a little hungry. I am used to my morning coffee help to fill me up until lunch. No morning coffee today as I have to head to the MD for blood work and a physical this AM. Boo...
    I had some green tea at home that I realized was too weak so I threw it out! I realize that the green tea we have at work is better and much more flavorful and stronger. This is all I am having this morning, no sugar of course and some water. Is it time for lunch yet?!

Today is another regular day and then tomorrow Light Day. Hoping to see a loss this week... Pretty please?! LOL

Hope all is well with you guys. Going to go welcome that new member in the other thread. :) Chat soon.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I hear ya msmainthekitchen! Take it one day at a time... :*
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning everybody and Happy Thursday. So close to Friday - but not quite. Ugh. :(

Hope you all are well. I am drinking my water and hoping the scale moves for me this week. As of this AM, I am up pound. Boooooo... No gym after work as I have a hair appointment so that pound better find a way to dissapear without exercise. Sigh...

Light Day today for me. Greek salad for lunch today. Lentil soup for dinner. Yummy!

Yesterday at the Doctor went well. He is very happy with my weight loss. He gave me a flu shot (I am a believer in that, even though some people don't get one). LOL He took blood for a cholesterol screening and checked my blood pressure. It was 110/70. Not bad for a 45 year old who does cardio six days a week. ;) Back when I was much heavier my blood pressure was a tad high. I used to have a faster pulse. Not anymore!

Hope everybody has a great day and I will chat soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning everybody.

Another slow week on the scale for me. Down a whopping .02 on the scale. :| Better than nothing...
    Going to mix this up for next week. No afternoon fruit. Might even see if I can ditch some of the sugar I am having in the AM coffee. That will be BIG if I can do that. Sigh... We shall see.

Hope everybody is good. Quiet in here this week. :)

Anybody have any good weekend plans? We don't have any that come to mind.

No gym after work tonight which is a nice break. We will head out for dinner. Maybe will be getting together with friends over the weekend. Still waiting to hear. If not, low key. I don't mind that either.

I will check back later. Weekends are harder for me to check in, so I apologize in advance if I am less active then.

Chat soon!
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    @meghan509 - Hang in there. Sometimes the body just needs to take a breather before it makes another drop. :smile:

I was grateful for a 2lb loss today especially after our big birthday celebration for the DS last weekend. Just walking it out, one step at a time. Will have a relatively quiet weekend. Some soccer and church. Maybe the beach on Sunday? We'll see.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Thanks @jknight001 I appreciate your post.
    My jeans do feel looser and I am looking at the big picture.
    Going to make a few food tweaks for next week too.
    Congrats on the loss!! Nice job! :#
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hi people! Well, we had a spur of the moment drive to the beach. A strip of restaurants to choose from and stopped for beer and nachos! Heaters were on the covered deck...so nice! My walk earlier today covered the beer calories so I'm looking ok for total cals... on the good note... I still fit in my skinniest skinny jeans!! :D

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • Meghan509
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hey @mamainthekitchen that sounds like a lovely night out! Got to love those exercise calories! They help save my butt on the weekends. :o
    I was telling my guy that my skinny jeans are feeling loose. Still have 30 + to go but I am liking this. :#