AMAZING Veggie Burgers

itsallgood803
itsallgood803 Posts: 133 Member
I hate mushrooms with a passion....but these's are incredible!

http://www.thekitchenwhisperer.net/2014/04/12/chunky-portabella-veggie-burgers/

Ingredients
2 cups portabella mushrooms, cubed (smaller pieces); gills removed
2 cups cooked black beans, rinsed and divided
1 cup minced broccoli, fresh only
1/2 cup red onion, minced
3 XL eggs, beaten
1/2 cup plus 2 Tbl Panko or Gluten Free Panko
1 Tbl Montreal Steak Seasoning
1 Tbl Worcestershire
2 Tbl minced garlic
3/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan
Olive oil

Instructions
In a large bowl add 1 cup of black beans and mash with a masher (chunks are OK).
Next, add in the mushrooms, the rest of the beans, broccoli, garlic, onion, Worcestershire and steak seasoning.
Mix just until coated.
Add in the eggs, cheese and bread crumbs and mix gently with a large spoon until the mixture is combined.
Set aside while you place a medium non-stick pan over medium heat and add in 2 Tbl of oil.
Once the oil starts to shimmer (about a minute or two), using dampened hands (the mixture will stick to you if you don’t), scoop a 1/2 cup of mixture into the palm of your hand and gently shape into a burger all the while pressing together. The mixture should hold a burger shape. If it doesn’t add just a Tbl more of bread crumbs.
Place in the oil and cook for 3-5 minutes per side or until golden brown and a crust has formed on each side.
Serve with hummus, guacamole or steak sauce

Replies

• marelthu
    marelthu Posts: 184 Member
    These look good. I'm going to try them.
  • melanie8135
    melanie8135 Posts: 7 Member
    do you know what makes up montreal seasoning? I'm in the uk and cant find it but the recipe looks delicious
  • goteamlachnit
    goteamlachnit Posts: 191 Member
    edited September 2017
    do you know what makes up montreal seasoning? I'm in the uk and cant find it but the recipe looks delicious

@melanie8135 ive got some in my pantry
    I cant tell quantities, most labels are written in order of largest amount to smallest but thats not much to go on. the label reads: Coarse salt, spices (including black and red pepper), garlic, sunflower oil, natural flavor and extract of paprika.

I can see what looks like coriander, and maybe mustard seed? There are a couple DIY recipes online that are good.
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    These sound fantastic! Thanks!
  • NewYearNewMe140
    NewYearNewMe140 Posts: 40 Member
    I'm going to try them too!
  • foreverhealthy3
    foreverhealthy3 Posts: 111 Member
    edited May 2018
    have you ever tried these cooked, cooled and in a vegetable salad? I need to hide some things in with other foods for my picky spouse.