eating the same things every day....

Options
I find I get into a pattern and it just makes it easier for me not thinking too much about food. Do you eat basically the same stuff everyday? Please share!

Me:
B: black coffee and eggs of some style
S: pepperoni stick
L: veg salad with protein/fat (guac, cheese, leftover meat, etc)
S: nuts
D: meat and veg
S: if I really want it - a little wine and dark chocolate or berries

Boring I suppose but I like it all :)

Replies

• Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I quite enjoy getting into a routine where every day the meals are the same. However I also shake it up now and then with some changes. This week is a departure from my normal regimen.

Usually, all my days are like this:

Coffee 1st thing in the am
    Cardio 60 - 90 minutes
    Start work
    1st meal ~ 9:30 or 10:00 - spicey stirfried pork with vegetables
    More work
    Tea after noon
    More work
    2nd meal ~ 14:30 or 15:00 - pork roast with lowcarb bbq sauce and vegetables
    Finish work
    Snack ~ 17:00 - hard sausage or olives or pisachio nuts

My weeks also follow a fixed pattern. Sunday I do a big pork roast which lasts me most of the week. I use the bone(s) to make a bone broth (simmer 2 days). So I have the stirfry & roast pork on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and sometimes Thursday. On Tuesday the bone broth is ready and I use that to make a batch of my low-carb BBQ sauce, that I then use the following week with my roasts. Fridays I might find something else to eat, or I might fast. Saturdays I usually fast. Then Sunday it starts all over again with stirfry in the morning and roast in the afternoon.

My diary is open for browsing, but again this week has been an anomaly as I'm mixing things up. I'll likely return to my routine again starting this Sunday.
  • Shron123
    Shron123 Posts: 221 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I totally agree. The less I have to think about food the easier it is. And w LCHF and IMF not hungry between meals which makes it even easier.

Breakfast - coffee black
    Lunch - eggs w 1/2 avocado (bacon on weekends)
    Dinner - protein w veg or salad. (My veg are usually broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, cabbage or brussel sprouts)
    If I really need a snack I gave a piece of cheese or tbsp of real peanut butter.

If we go out or have company I add one (or 2) small glasses of red wine.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, the only way I can get started and not stray. I am just starting again, so to really make it easy for myself I have an "acceptable" food list that starts out extremely short (eggs, turkey sausage, chicken , cheese, mayo). I eat only from that (as much as I want, when hungry). Once that gets routine and easy, I add in another item or two, etc Until I have a decent list of choices.

This way I always have a choice of what to eat when hungry. Its just a limited choice, but still a choice.

It helps that I have low standards for food too :) I can eat the same thing every day (and have) for YEARS. Variety is not really a need of mine. The more I eat the same thing, the more I start looking forward to it.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I don't eat the same things every day but I definitely have a small rotation of things that are familiar and I know how they work into my day. For example, I don't have tuna salad every day but when I do have it, I know the exact ingredients and how to log it.
  • dillydaisys
    dillydaisys Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I've enjoyed eating the same menu week after week, but I'm worried now that with winter coming to an end a lot of the foods Ive eaten will be going out of season. So I'm going to have to adjust my menu
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    I find I get into a pattern and it just makes it easier for me not thinking too much about food. Do you eat basically the same stuff everyday? Please share!

Me:
    B: black coffee and eggs of some style
    S: pepperoni stick
    L: veg salad with protein/fat (guac, cheese, leftover meat, etc)
    S: nuts
    D: meat and veg
    S: if I really want it - a little wine and dark chocolate or berries

Boring I suppose but I like it all :)

Yep.
    Low-carb yogurt and coffee
    Big *kitten* Salad
    Meat + 3 servings veggies cooked in fat
    Pork rinds + cheese snack

6-days a week.
    Boring, but I'm happy with it. :lol:
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I have the same breakfast all weekdays which is coffee with cream. Lunches I vary between the same few things...double cheeseburgers w/o buns from McD's, Chargrilled chicken club w/o bun at Cookout, leftover chicken wings, or other leftovers. As for dinner we get wings every Tuesday. I usually make ribs once a week. The rest of the week varies.
  • Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I try to mix things up a bit. Today I had a serving of nuts (cashews today) for breakfast since I hadn't eaten since 4:30pm Wednesday but usually I only have tea for breakfast. Then for lunch I had a grilled chicken Cobb Salad with two extra chicken breasts with iced tea and a LC protein bar for dessert. Tonight after I work out I will probably finish off my leftover Boca ground crumble green chile burrito filling over romaine lettuce with tomatoes and a serving of guacamole (AKA lettuce tacos). If I workout later I might have another serving of nuts or a raw rev glo bar but I try not to double up on protein bars in one day.

Tomorrow is looking like Chicken salad over a bed of greens for lunch and possibly a miracle rice stir fry and/or protein shake if I work out extra hard. If the wife wants to go out to dinner tomorrow then it will probably be a vegan Thai spicy "chicken" salad with golden tofu or "chicken" satay.

I've been battling allergies run amok this week so I haven't been working out as much but I feel better today so my meals change depending on my calorie burn.

There are so many different food options out there I have a hard time sticking to the same thing day in and day out. If anything I eat grilled chicken salads pretty regularly and if there are leftovers I might have them two or three days in a row.

• Smoked33
    Smoked33 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Same with me.

B: Vega 1 protein shake.
    S1: Adkins bar
    S2: 1/3 cup dry roasted nuts.
    L: Serving raw peppers, Cocktail Smokies.
    S3: Kirkland protein bar.
    S4: 1.5 x 1/3 cup salted peanuts
    S5: 2 pepperoni sticks.
    D: meat + veg.
    S6: (if a weight training day) whey protein shake.

Very little variation in there other than dinners to keep my wife happy and not bored :)

• radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My first meal is almost always bacon and eggs and an avocado. I tend to just eat two meals, and sometimes a snack. The snack is almost always almonds. Dinner is a rotation of chicken, ground beef, pork chops, streak, fish, and shrimp - with a veggie, usually broccoli or green beans.

I occasionally get bored and decide to make something fancy, but 95% of the time I make each of those meats the same way, usually in a way that requires little prep time and effort. Bake the pork chops, I have been roasting a whole chicken lately and love that (previously I would bake chicken thighs). brown ground beef and make a taco salady type thing, etc.

I've just never tired of the bacon and eggs, its a glorious meal and I love everything about it. With the dinners maybe I rotate through enough not to get bored.
  • Chillycatmum
    Chillycatmum Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am zero carb so most of my meals are very similar I probably eat beef, lamb and occasionally pork every day and have coffee with cream
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty much the same mon-fri then in the weekends have more time to cook and I am not as strict.
    Breakfast is coffee
    Lunch is a salad with spinach, eggs, pickle, ginger, cheese, olives and sometimes meat.
    Dinner is always meat and vege.
    It works for me and I always pre log my day so I know what I am having.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Actually when I ate high carb I ate the same foods over and over. It was so bad if I got hung up talking in the parking lot my "usual" would be on "my" table when I came through the door. :)

Since Oct 2014 I have only eaten to regain my health. Now at 66 I plan to just keep doing the same. I will change it up from time to time if the mood strikes but improving my health is job #1.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    CRZYFTM wrote: »
    I cook. Love to cook, even. So, I create and look for ways to make my favs. Last night I made Keto mushroom chicken pot pie. Tonight is chili and "cornbread". This weekend I'm going to try out a chicken and dumplings idea (challenge I've accepted in another thread). I make cheesecake, cookies, brownies, etc that are also Keto. This weekend I'm going to attempt a pumpkin cheesecake. I need variety in my menu and It helps me continue on.

I'm a cook and consider myself a foodie. I have a few keto desserts that I make from time to time. I like finding the savory recipes. As I prefer salty and crunchy to sweets. So I am stealing CRZYFTM's pot pie recipe. My chili has always been keto. No beans. I will be breaking my current fast with bison stuffed peppers. I have to mix it up, I have items that are in my rotation, but I don't always cook my wild caught salmon the same way.

I am currently playing around with home made salad dressings, because I don't want canola or soybean oil in my dressing.

I do IF, so most mornings are coffee with some cream or maybe coconut oil if I am doing an extended fast. Lunches are salads with all kinds of groovy things added. Tuna is a fav of mine along with chicken. I mix sardines with the tuna for a seafood salad, that kind of stuff. Dinner anything goes. I use a spiralizer a lot these days. Stir fries on a bed of lettuce is in the rotation. I love using cauliflower instead of potatoes, so I have a number of dishes using it.
    I posted my last night's dinner in the thread, ribeye steak topped with duck liver mousse, with keto cole slaw, nothing boring there.

I am loving this way of eating and cooking.
  • trish55011
    trish55011 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat the same types of food every day. Breakfast is always buttered coffee, eggs and breakfast meat (bacon/sausage) Lunch is a salad with the same toppings except the meat which could be pork steak, cubed steak, round steak, chicken thighs cooked in butter. and then dinner if I eat dinner is usually a salad, or sliced raw vegies and hot sauce, something quick simple and easy. I don't vary too much. If I want to shake things up a bit, I will have breakfast for dinner.
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Yep, it's just a lot easier for me & hubby to stick with the same foods for the most part.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    If it was just me, I might eat the same thing every day. As it is, I do eat a fairly limited menu.

B - coffee or nothing
    L - weekday this is usually something I made over the weekend in the crock pot consisting of a meat with seasonings and added fats. I might throw in some zucchini or miracle rice. Then I frequently add some celery with almond butter, sunflower butter or tahini.
    D - eggs or meat with veggie is the menu most of the time. The primary variation is trying something new to get my wife (vegetarian) and daughter (super picky adolescent) to eat healthier. I am willing to try lots of various recipes to find something they like. Actual steamed fresh broccoli has gone over great since getting this bamboo steamer. Also, zucchini lasagna and baked cauliflower casserole are two of my wife's favorites now.

As a treat, I break out the smoker when I can. I just made several armadillo eggs (pepper stuffed with cheese, enclosed in ground sausage and wrapped in bacon) and some bacon crusted ribs this weekend. These are both awesome right of the smoker and heated up as left overs. Almost any meat on a smoker is going to turn out well, IMHO.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I don't eat the same things every day, but I like to stick to what I know and like, so I eat the same things on a regular basis....

No breakfast. I have cultivated the agreeable habit of not eating anything until around 11.00am or so...

Then, probably, I'll have something to tide me over during the afternoon, like a couple of slices of ham, or a HB egg...

Then dinner. A half chicken maybe, and a bit of green salad, home-made Italian dressing with chunks of blue cheese and a half-dozen halves of walnuts...
    another day I might have Polish sausages and sauerkraut.... then again, perhaps a tub of full-fat cottage cheese, with chopped almonds and olives....

Of course, sometimes, I'm governed by work breaks, the times of which are imposed by management.... so i work round it....

Goodness, I love food.....