Like Minded Lushes - August 2017

Options
1235»

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    MIL passed this morning peacefully. Thank you dear lushes for letting me vent here. It helped me so much to know I had a safe, non judgemental place to share.
    Husband says he still wants to get away with our friends so we'll probably leave for Palm Springs tomorrow to be around loving family and friends where we'll celebrate her 94 years together. :drinker: cheers to Dorothy. You guys have one (or many) on me too, Ok? ❤
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your time in Palm Springs Sydney. We all will keep your family in our thoughts. <3
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear Sydney, but glad to hear she went peacefully. <3 I'll cheers to Dorothy! Enjoy your weekend.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Sorry for you loss Syd, I am glad that it was peaceful. I am sure there is some relief and don't be ashamed of that feeling. I have it too. I am heading to Vegas for Andelane's 4th birthday. I love spending time with my girls and I really need the break. I am doing better but I still have those tough moments. Have a wonderful weekend and I will try to catch up with you all next week.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Drank a lot over the weekend. Had fun doing it. Tonight is a 0. That'll likely be it since Wednesday is my birthday.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Robin - so sorry to hear about Bodi. :'(

Sydney - thinking about your family and we'll cheer to Dorothy here in Michigan! Cheers to a long life well lived. :)

Saturday we participated in the American foundation for Suicide Prevention's annual Out of the Darkness walk. Every year we do this and while it makes me so sad to look around and see so many that have been touched by suicide, it makes me eternally grateful my daughter is still with us. <3
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Thank you, Ann. And what a great cause you're involved with. Suicide affects so many, and isn't talked about enough.

We're still in Palm Desert. Starting to feel human again. And drinking, of course.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Happy Birthday Ashley. The party in Vegas was great. You can't go wrong with professional face painting at a 4 year old's birthday party. I was very moderate while I was in Vegas with the drinking. I had some vodka crans last night and it is back to the grind. I hope all the lushes are doing well.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Happy birthday Ashley!
  • rjadams
    Options
    plodding along.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Thanks!

I had a great birthday. Did my usual running and laundry but started drinking mimosas around 1:00 and realized the 4th season of Transgender came out on the 22nd. So I watched 2.5 episodes of that. Eric and I had a great dinner out without kids. Had a cocktail and split a bottle of rose'. Then took canned wine to the concert and came home an drank more with my friends who were watching the kids. I was a little rough this morning..... But had a great day!

Nothing tonight. I'm tired and have a night meeting... Boo.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I love Transparent! No one does family dysfunction better than the Pfeffermans.
    Last day here in Palm Desert. The huge bottle of vodka we brought is almost gone, nuf said. :drinker:
  • rjadams
    Options
    TGIF
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Slogging along. We had a couple nice days, now back to the rain. Trying to moderate and get back into the swing of things.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Get your *kitten* together Gary...cuz I'm coming home soon and going to kick some exercise butt...can you keep up? :p