Week 1 Weigh In's

Options
Good morning fitness warriors. This is the week 1 Weigh In thread. I will post a different discussion board for week 1 chats, encouragement, and support. It will also have the weekly exercise and exercise challenge for this week. Remember if you complete these you earn extra points.

This thread is to post your starting weight and any measurements you might take as well. I am going to measure neck, waist, stomach, chest, thighs, biceps, calves. This is not mandatory. Just another way to see your progress. We will refer back to this thread once we post our week 2 weights next Sunday to reference pounds lost and goals attained.

Please, by 9:00 pm tonight, post your starting weight and 1 goal for the week. Focus on this goal and your "why" and lets start this competition off right. Good luck to everyone. I'm rooting for us all.

Replies

• rh0322
    rh0322 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 140.8
    Goal: present mindfulness with food choices. Too often on autopilot and not enough being present.
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 294.8
    Goal: Banish the late night snack fairy. The biggest threat to my current progress.
  • OregonRunner5
    OregonRunner5 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 166.2 (some of that is water, I really figure I'm about 164 - I had a tough trail run yesterday)

Goal: My goal this week -- 2 miles a day or more, try to get in step goals, have mostly liquid meals during the day and most of that dairy see if that helps health symptoms.

disclaimer -- I'll have wacky goals every week, I know, I know -- my friends are all Vegan and when they find out I have dairy in my life they freak the f**k out on me. But I don't digest amino acids from meat or vegetable sources and I just get weaker and weaker until I can't get out of bed and it totally sucks. So one time a Vegan was yelling at me, "Milk is just pre-digested liquid meat!!!" Oh....yeah....it is isn't it? Heck yeah, I'm going right now to buy a gallon of the grass fed organic happy cows on the package stuff. And uh' it worked, my GI stopped bleeding anyway and I wasn't tired all day feeling like I was in day 2 of the flu. They got me to stop eating dairy again and go back to all veggies and I got sick again, so screw it, I'm going to give dairy and liquids a go, it's the only time I feel kinda good, it probably won't work anyway.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    Starting weight - 245
    Goal for the week - logging every meal, dtaying on plan with eating.
  • burly_man308
    burly_man308 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys I'm still at work. Thought I would be done early today. Might not be able to weight in until after 9. Just didn't want anyone to think I had forgot or was not trying. I'll post tonight.
  • explodingmango
    explodingmango Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 210.6 lb.

Goal for the week: Staying on track with workouts and completing my first 5K on Saturday. Stretch goal: Completing the race under my projected time (31-35 minutes).
  • meat513
    meat513 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Starting weight ~286 lb.
    Goal for this week- is to do more cardio
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Starting weight - 213.4
    Goal for the week. Stay close to goal calories, including about 1/3 exercise calories.
    Exercise 4 days/week, 2 hours/day.
    Sleep well!
  • ekat1234
    ekat1234 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 246.4
    Goal for the week: Stick to planned meals and logging each of them and any snacks.
  • burly_man308
    burly_man308 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 326.6

Week 1 Goal: log each meal as I eat and stay under calorie count

Week 1 Goal: complete the weekly exercise challenge
  • MmamabearR
    MmamabearR Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 207.6

Weekly goals - weigh in at 206.6 before Friday.

I forgot to weigh in yesterday. I was having a weird weekend. Anywho, I do weigh in almost every day and yesterday I was at 207.6. I don't like adding my weight all the time to MFP because of how much it'll fluctuate in just a few days time. I was previously 207 even. So if I put in 207.6 and then tomorrow weigh-in at 207, MFP says "Yay, you lost 0.6 lbs!" No I didn't. I went back to where I was before.

My goal for this week is due to a weight loss fitness challenge I'm in that is over on the 6th. I had 2 1/2 months to lose 6% of my starting weight. I'm down to the wire.
  • cnavarro002
    cnavarro002 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 305.3

Weekly goals: Hit the gym 4 days this week
    Weekly goals: complete (to the best of my physical ability) the weekly exercise challenge
    Weekly goals: minimum 90 oz of water each day
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    Today 213
    Laziest yoga class ever! Corpse pose 30 minutes
    Cardio sculpt class
    Total 1 3/4 hours

• meat513
    Options
    Today my total steps 21,728 I walked on the treadmill for one hour on incline 1 at 3.4 mph
  • meat513
    Options
    I made a mistake on my starting weight it's supposed to be 186 lbs!! Sorry for mix up.
  • corinasue1143
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Let me weigh in first so I can set the bar. 213.2. Down 0.2 lbs. Hah! Beat that!
    Exercise daily. no
    15 miles for the week. no.
    Let's see who did better!
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Well I aint going to beat it. Coming in at a stunningly mediocre 294.9 Up 0.1lbs. Wooo!! (I don't even)
    Exercise daily: Yes
    15 miles for the week? Good question. I might have to throw to the video ref on this one. I only covered 13.2miles while specifically doing my daily cardio. But more than 30miles in total movement for the week. Not sure which counts.

Go team. :smiley: