Karma intervened

BodyByButter
BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
I have some weird bug today so I decided to listen to my body on what to eat even if it’s carby, just for today.

This afternoon I slept for 4 hours and my husband woke me up. We decided to order food. I ordered a club sandwich and fries for delivery. We waited over an hour, then called the place only to find out that due to some weird circumstances, they had closed early.

So, we went to order from another place. I ordered a club croissant and fries. Delivery guy calls and says he can’t pull up our address on GPS. Or the next street. Or the next. Then he asked which city and said I had been transferred to a location 2 hours away.

So I gave up and ate low carb stuff at home.

Replies

• AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Our destiny is written in the stars.... but obviously not on some people's "To Do" lists...... :D

What Low-carb stuff did you have? :)
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    @BodyByButter - Which part of your body ordered fries? >:)
  • BodyByButter
    I ended up having a 3 minute English Muffin (made with almond butter) and Kerrygold butter.
  • BodyByButter
    RalfLott wrote: »

The comfort food lizard brain?

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    I have found that my idea of how to feed my body when sick has changed. What it needs most is qualify fuel (fat) and raw resources for repairs (protein). I might not "want" meat, but I know it is best. I usually stick with eggs, if I can't stomach anything else. Canned kippers or meat is easy enough, especially if it is something I can eat without heating. And, I also nibble on cheese.

It isn't as "comforting" as carbs. But, I know I am doing what is best for getting well as quickly as possible.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    RalfLott wrote: »

The comfort food lizard brain?

Ah, now we're getting somewhere!

Step 1 - Learn to tell lizards from wizards.

Step 2 - Don't listen to lizards.
  • EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    Your guardian angle said, "DONT EAT THAT *kitten*!" And intervened, twice! She needs a raise!
  • Chillycatmum
    Chillycatmum Posts: 188 Member
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    I have found that my idea of how to feed my body when sick has changed. What it needs most is qualify fuel (fat) and raw resources for repairs (protein). I might not "want" meat, but I know it is best. I usually stick with eggs, if I can't stomach anything else. Canned kippers or meat is easy enough, especially if it is something I can eat without heating. And, I also nibble on cheese.

It isn't as "comforting" as carbs. But, I know I am doing what is best for getting well as quickly as possible.

I really need to get to this point my emotional brain still kicks in and says feed me carbs when it feels bad and my logical brain knows it is the last thing that will make me feel better - in fact it hurts my stomach to eat carbs now